AT40: Jonas Brothers (6) Week Of June 15, 2019

I hope everyone has a great Father's Day weekend. I don't have much to say about this countdown this week. We have a mixture of good and bad things happening on this countdown. That's all I have to say, so let's get to it. Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper - Shallow [DTHNOBx2]
Alessia Cara - Out Of Love
Lizzo - Juice

Last Week's #1 Song: Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger
The Countdown:
#40. Khalid/Normani Kordei - Love Lies (#39)
#39. Dan + Shay - Speechless (DEBUT)
#38. Travis Scott/The Weeknd - Wake Up (DEBUT)
#37. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#36)
#36. P!nk - Walk Me Home (#40)
#35. Travis Scott/Drake - Sicko Mode (#34)
#34. AJ Mitchell - All My Friends (#37)
#33. NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Georgia Ku/Captain Cuts - So Close (#35)
#32. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#32)
#31. Lauv/Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired (#25)
#30. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (#30)
#29. Bryce Vine/YG - La La Land (#33)
#28. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier (DEBUT)
#27. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#26)
#26. BTS/Halsey - Boy With Luv (#27)
#25. Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee - Close To Me (#23)
#24. Halsey - Nightmare (#31)
#23. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower (#20)
#22. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me (#14)
#21. Khalid - Better (#19)
#20. Mabel - Don't Call Me Up (#17)
#19. Daddy Yankee/Katy Perry/Snow - Con Calma (#22)
#18. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love (#11)
#17. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (#24)
#16. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (#15)
#15. Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over (#18)
#14. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#21)
#13. Halsey - Without Me (#13)
#12. Jonas Brothers - Cool (#16)
#11. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#8)
#10. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (#12)
#9. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care (#10)
#8. Khalid - Talk (#9)
#7. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME! (#7)
#6. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (#5)
#5. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (#6)
#4. Post Malone - Wow. (#4)
#3. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#3)
#2. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger (#1)
#1. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#2) [6th Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same (5th and final week at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

Halsey - Nightmare has made the Top 30 this week. I'm so pleased to see that. And then also, Billie Eilish - Bad Guy and Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (+8) were both tied for the biggest jump this week as they both made the Top 20. Of course, I'm actually good with that.

New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:

Dan + Shay - Speechless: I've already explained why this song was amazing in my other posts. The production sounded amazing, the vocals shine, and that chorus sounded amazing. Let's see how far this one gets.

Travis Scott/The Weeknd - Wake Up: This is just a decent song. I'm not a fan of Travis's verses, but I really love The Weeknd's vocals in the chorus and I think the production sounded okay. Let's see how this one does here.

5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier: This is such an amazing song. I've already explained why in my other posts. The production in this one sounded remarkable, the vocals are fantastic, those lyrics are amazing, and that chorus sounded heaven. I really hope this one does amazing on here.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road: It debuted the Top 5 this week and I'm not too thrilled about it. This really does not belong here. Now, back to my opinion. The production in this one sounded terrible, and Lil Nas X's vocals sounded grating. I could say that Billy Ray somewhat helped the song. This better not be at the top.
4. Post Malone - Wow.: Thank god it didn't go to the Top 3. I really want this song to stay out of the Top 3 and let it drop.
3. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho: Please! I really want this song to be at the top spot. It's pretty heaven and it'll be pretty bad if it doesn't.
2. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger: It dropped out of the top spot. I somehow want it to be back in here, though.
1. Jonas Brothers - Sucker: I'm so glad to see this song back at the top. Now, let's see how long it can stay in there.

Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:

Jennifer Lopez/French Montana - Medicine
Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine
Ed Sheeran/Chance The Rapper/PnB Rock - Cross Me
MAX/Quinn XCII - Love Me Less
Katy Perry - Never Really Over

And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:

Post Malone/21 Savage - Rockstar
DJ Khaled/Rihanna/Bryson Tiller - Wild Thoughts
DNCE - Cake By The Ocean
Hailee Stenfeld/Grey/Zedd - Starving
Dean Lewis - Be Alright
Justin Bieber - Love Yourself
Rihanna - Only Girl (In The World)
Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road
19. Halsey - Without Me
18. Post Malone - Wow.

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
17. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy
16. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
15. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
14. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings
13. Khalid - Talk
12. Jonas Brothers - Cool
11. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger
10. Daddy Yankee/Katy Perry/Snow - Con Calma
9. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
8. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care
7. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
6. Mabel - Don't Call Me Up
5. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love
4. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME!
3. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over
TIE: 1. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho

Total Score: 83/100 = 83% (B-) [Good]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023