AT40: Jonas Brothers (7) Week Of June 22, 2019

I now have reached 35,000 pageviews on my blog. I really would like to thank everyone for reading my posts. I actually don't plan on doing a pageview special, I'd rather wait until I get to 50,000 pageviews. Anyway. Nothing much to say about this one, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love
Mabel - Don't Call Me Up
Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me
BTS/Halsey - Boy With Luv
Lauv/Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired

Last Week's #1 Song: Jonas Brothers - Sucker
The Countdown:
#40. Khalid/Normani Kordei - Love Lies (#40)
#39. MAX/Quinn XCII - Love Me Less (DEBUT)
#38. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#37)
#37. DJ Khaled/SZA - Just Us (DEBUT)
#36. Travis Scott/Drake - Sicko Mode (#35)
#35. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#39)
#34. Lizzo - Truth Hurts (DEBUT)
#33. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#32)
#32. NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Georgia Ku/Captain Cuts - So Close (#33)
#31. Travis Scott/The Weeknd - Wake Up (#38)
#30. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (#30)
#29. P!nk - Walk Me Home (#36)
#28. AJ Mitchell - All My Friends (#34)
#27. Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee - Close To Me (#25)
#26. Katy Perry - Never Really Over (DEBUT)
#25. Bryce Vine/YG - La La Land (#29)
#24. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower (#23)
#23. Ed Sheeran/Chance The Rapper/PnB Rock - Cross Me (DEBUT)
#22. Khalid - Better (#21)
#21. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier (#28)
#20. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#27)
#19. Daddy Yankee/Katy Perry/Snow - Con Calma (#19)
#18. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (#16)
#17. Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over (#15)
#16. Halsey - Nightmare (#24)
#15. Halsey - Without Me (#13)
#14. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#14)
#13. Jonas Brothers - Cool (#12)
#12. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (#17)
#11. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#11)
#10. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (#6)
#9. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (#10)
#8. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care (#9)
#7. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME! (#7)
#6. Khalid - Talk (#8)
#5. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (#5)
#4. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#3)
#3. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger (#2)
#2. Post Malone - Wow. (#4)
#1. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#1) [7th Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho (1 of 4 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

I'm so glad to see Halsey - Nightmare (+8) making the Top 20 this week. Let's see if it'll be in the Top 10 soon.
I'm okay with Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (-4) having the biggest drop this week. Though it's still in the Top 10, so I'm still fine with that.

New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:

MAX/Quinn XCII - Love Me Less: This song was just mediocre. There's just nothing interesting about this song. I've already explained why this song was mediocre on my other posts. MAX's vocals sounded awesome, but I'm not huge on the production and I don't like Quinn XCII's verse. So yeah. It's just a mediocre song. Let's see how this one does.

DJ Khaled/SZA - Just Us: The best debut this week. I know SZA has been a talented singer. Now, on to the song. The production sounded remarkable, SZA's vocals sounded amazing, the lyrics are marvelous, and that chorus was definitely amazing. Let's see if this should do amazing on here.

Lizzo - Truth Hurts: It's a little bit of a step down from Juice, but it's still decent. I still don't like her weird voice. But the production in this one sounded great. Other than that, I thought that the chorus sounded okay. Let's see how far this one gets.

Katy Perry - Never Really Over: This was such an outstanding song. The song was actually produced by Zedd, who I think is a talented EDM producer. I really love every song from him except for The Middle and Happy Now. But that's not what we're going to talk about. We're going to talk about this new song. Once again, this new song was outstanding. The production sounded marvelous, Katy's vocals sounded outstanding, and that chorus is what I fell in love with. Let's see if it'll do amazing on here.

Ed Sheeran/Chance The Rapper/PnB Rock - Cross Me: I really don't know what's going on with this song, but this song was garbage. Now, listen. I really love Ed's music. He's been releasing awesome music during his career. But this song does not work for him. The production in this one sounded awful, and I do not like the verses from Chance The Rapper and PnB Rock. Though Ed sounded decent in here. Other than that, I do not like that chorus. This better do poorly on here.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road: I don't know why it's still there. This seriously needs to be out of here and drop.
4. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho: I did not expect this song to be out of the Top 3. I really want it to be back in the Top 3, because it's such a pretty heaven song. I'm not sure if it's going to, but let's see if I'm right.
3. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger: I'm still good with this song still in the Top 3. I really don't have anything else to say about this one.
2. Post Malone - Wow.: WHY IS IT IN THE TOP 3?????!!!!! Come on, I don't want it to be at the top. I seriously had enough of his music.
1. Jonas Brothers - Sucker: Holding the top spot for the 3rd week in a row. I somehow want this song to stay in the top spot and not let Wow. be at the top. Let's see if it happens.

Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:

Jennifer Lopez/French Montana - Medicine
Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine
Martin Garrix/Macklemore/Patrick Stump - Summer Days

And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:

Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper - Shallow
David Guetta/Sia - Titanium
Juice WRLD - Lucid Dreams
Imagine Dragons - Radioactive
Alessia Cara - Out Of Love
Walk The Moon - Shut Up And Dance
Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay
Justin Timberlake - Mirrors
Pitbull/Ne-Yo/Afrojack/Nayer - Give Me Everything
Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho
Lizzo - Juice
Eminem/Rihanna - The Monster
NF - Let You Down

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road
19. Halsey - Without Me
18. Post Malone - Wow.

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
17. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy
16. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
15. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
14. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings
13. Khalid - Talk
12. Jonas Brothers - Cool
11. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger
10. Daddy Yankee/Katy Perry/Snow - Con Calma
9. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
8. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care
7. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
6. Halsey - Nightmare
5. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME!
4. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
3. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over
TIE: 1. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho

Total Score: 83/100 = 83% (B-) [Good]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023