AT40: Jonas Brothers (8) Week Of June 29, 2019

We're getting close to the halfway mark of 2019. Wow, the year has gone by fast. As far as the countdown goes, I don't have much to say. MAX guest hosted the AT40 this week because Ryan Seacrest is on vacation. Anyway, now let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Khalid/Normani Kordei - Love Lies

Last Week's #1 Song: Jonas Brothers - Sucker
The Countdown:
#40. Jennifer Lopez/French Montana - Medicine (DEBUT)
#39. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#38)
#38. MAX/Quinn XCII - Love Me Less (#39)
#37. Travis Scott/Drake - Sicko Mode (#36)
#36. NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Georgia Ku/Captain Cuts - So Close (#32)
#35. DJ Khaled/SZA - Just Us (#37)
#34. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#33)
#33. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#35)
#32. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (#30)
#31. Travis Scott/The Weeknd - Wake Up (#31)
#30. Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee - Close To Me (#27)
#29. P!nk - Walk Me Home (#29)
#28. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower (#24)
#27. AJ Mitchell - All My Friends (#28)
#26. Khalid - Better (#22)
#25. Lizzo - Truth Hurts (#34)
#24. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#20)
#23. Bryce Vine/YG - La La Land (#25)
#22. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (#18)
#21. Katy Perry - Never Really Over (#26)
#20. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier (#21)
#19. Daddy Yankee/Katy Perry/Snow - Con Calma (#19)
#18. Ed Sheeran/Chance The Rapper/PnB Rock - Cross Me (#23)
#17. Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over (#17)
#16. Halsey - Without Me (#15)
#15. Halsey - Nightmare (#16)
#14. Jonas Brothers - Cool (#13)
#13. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#14)
#12. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#11)
#11. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (#10)
#10. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (#12)
#9. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (#9)
#8. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME! (#7)
#7. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care (#8)
#6. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#4)
#5. Khalid - Talk (#6)
#4. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (#5)
#3. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger (#3)
#2. Post Malone - Wow. (#2)
#1. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#1) [8th Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho (2 of 4 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

Lizzo - Truth Hurts (+9) has made it to the Top 30. I'm actually okay with that, because it's just decent.
It's so crazy that we have 5 songs being tied for the biggest drop this week. First off, I wasn't too thrilled about NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Georgia Ku/Captain Cuts - So Close being in the Bottom 5. Then, we have Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower, which is thankfully almost out of the Top 30. I'm so glad to see that. And then we have Khalid - Better, which is also almost out of the Top 30. And of course, I'm not too glad to see that, and then finally, Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes and Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (-4) are both out of the Top 20. I'm not too thrilled about it. And that's all. So yeah. We have 5 songs that are tied for the biggest drop this week.

New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:

Jennifer Lopez/French Montana - Medicine: This was such an amazing song. I thought that the song was mediocre at the first listen. But then after a few more listens, it has grown on me and it is amazing. Now, on to the song. This is definitely a huge step up from Limitless. The production in this one was fantastic, J-Lo's vocals sounded really amazing, the chorus was amazing, and French Montana crushed his verse. Let's see how this one does here.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Khalid - Talk: It debuted the Top 5 this week. I'm so glad to see that. The song has grown on me more this past week. Now, back to my opinion. This is definitely a step up from Better. The production in this one sounded amazing, Khalid's vocals sounded pretty amazing, I really love those lyrics, that chorus was absolutely amazing, everything on this song was amazing. Let's see if it'll be at the top soon.
4. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road: Oh no! I don't want it to be in the Top 3! This better not be in there and it needs to drop. I had it with this song.
3. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger: I somehow still want this song to stay in the Top 3. Let's see if I'm right.
2. Post Malone - Wow.: Oh come on. Why is it still there? I'm still waiting for this song to not be at the top. Let's see if it's true.
1. Jonas Brothers - Sucker: Holding the top spot for the 4th week in a row. Oh my. This song has been having a strongly amazing run at the top. I'm not sure if it's going to stay at the top next week, but we're going to have to see.

Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:

Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine
Martin Garrix/Macklemore/Patrick Stump - Summer Days
The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha - Call You Mine
Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello - Find U Again

And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:

Usher/Ludacris/Lil' Jon - Yeah!
Panic! At The Disco - I Write Sins Not Tragedies
Flo Rida/T-Pain - Low
Pharrell - Happy
Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me
Lauv/Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired
MAX/Gnash - Lights Down Low
Katy Perry/Juicy J - Dark Horse
Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road
19. Ed Sheeran/Chance The Rapper/PnB Rock - Cross Me
18. Halsey - Without Me
17. Post Malone - Wow.

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
16. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy
15. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
14. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
13. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings
12. Jonas Brothers - Cool
11. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger
10. Daddy Yankee/Katy Perry/Snow - Con Calma
9. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
8. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care
7. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
6. Halsey - Nightmare
5. Khalid - Talk
4. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier
3. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME!

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over
TIE: 1. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho

Total Score: 78/100 = 78% (C+) [Decent]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023