AT40: Khalid (1) Week Of July 13, 2019

So, this is the third week in a row that we have a guest host for this countdown. As far as the countdown goes, it looks okay. Though we do have another amazing #1 song on here, which was amazing. I think that's all I have to say, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over [You will forever be missed :(]
Daddy Yankee/Katy Perry/Snow - Con Calma
Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next

Last Week's #1 Song: Post Malone - Wow.
The Countdown:
#40. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#39)
#39. Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello - Find U Again (DEBUT)
#38. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (#40)
#37. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#35)
#36. The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha - Call You Mine (#38)
#35. NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Georgia Ku/Captain Cuts - So Close (#36)
#34. Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee - Close To Me (#33)
#33. MAX/Quinn XCII - Love Me Less (#34)
#32. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower (#31)
#31. DJ Khaled/SZA - Just Us (#32)
#30. Khalid - Better (#29)
#29. Travis Scott/The Weeknd - Wake Up (#30)
#28. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#27)
#27. P!nk - Walk Me Home (#28)
#26. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - Senorita (DEBUT)
#25. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (#25)
#24. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#26)
#23. AJ Mitchell - All My Friends (#24)
#22. Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down (DEBUT)
#21. Bryce Vine/YG - La La Land (#21)
#20. Halsey - Without Me (#20)
#19. Lizzo - Truth Hurts (#23)
#18. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier (#19)
#17. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (#13)
#16. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#15)
#15. Ed Sheeran/Chance The Rapper/PnB Rock - Cross Me (#18)
#14. Halsey - Nightmare (#14)
#13. Katy Perry - Never Really Over (#17)
#12. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME! (#7)
#11. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#8)
#10. Jonas Brothers - Cool (#12)
#9. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#11)
#8. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (#9)
#7. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger (#5)
#6. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (#10)
#5. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (#4)
#4. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care (#6)
#3. Post Malone - Wow. (#1)
#2. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#2)
#1. Khalid - Talk (#3) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho (4th and final week at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

Katy Perry - Never Really Over is finally gaining lots of airplay. But what's also tied for the biggest jump this week is Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (+4). I'm actually okay with that.
I'm not too thrilled about the biggest drop out of the Top 10 this week from Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME! (-5). This seriously needs to move back up.

New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:

Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello - Find U Again: The best debut this week. This is definitely Mark's best song. I know Camila was my favorite Fifth Harmony member, because she has a heaven voice. Now, on to my opinion. I pretty much already explained why last month. The production sounded amazing, Camila's vocals sounded heaven, the lyrics are fantastic, and that chorus sounded heaven. Let's see if this one does amazing on here.

Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - Senorita: What an amazing song. This is definitely a step up from If I Can't Have You. Now, the last time we heard this collaboration was all the way back a few years ago with I Know What You Did Last Summer, which I enjoyed. Now, on to my opinion. I really love the Latin vibe and the production, Shawn's vocals sounded amazing, Camila's vocals sounded heaven in her contribution, and that chorus is what I enjoyed. Let's see if this one does amazing on here.

Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down: This was such an outstanding song. Though it's not as good as ME!, but it is still outstanding. I've already explained why this song was outstanding in my other posts. The production in this one sounded awesome, Taylor's vocals sounded outstanding, I really love those lyrics, and I stand for the chorus. Let's see if this should do amazing on this countdown.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road: Thank god it's finally dropping. Now, this needs to be out of here next week. Let's see if it does.
4. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care: It debuted the Top 5 this week. I'm so glad to see that. This was such an amazing song. Now, back to my opinion. The production in this one sounded remarkable, both Ed and Justin sounded amazing, and I really love that chorus. Now, let's see if this should be at the top soon.
3. Post Malone - Wow.: It dropped out of the top spot. I'm so pleased that it's out of here. It only spent 1 week at the top, which was pleasing. Now, this better not be back at the top and it needs to keep dropping.
2. Jonas Brothers - Sucker: I don't have much to say about this one, but I somehow want this song to stay in the Top 3 for a little while longer. Let's see how long it can still be in here.
1. Khalid - Talk: I'm so pleased to see this song at the top. This was such an amazing song. Now, let's see how long it can hold the spot.

Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:

Martin Garrix/Macklemore/Patrick Stump - Summer Days
Bazzi - Paradise
A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie - Look Back At It
Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved

And here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:

Rihanna/Jay-Z - Umbrella
Shakira/Wyclef Jean - Hips Don't Lie
Lady Gaga - Bad Romance
Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are
Kesha - Tik Tok
Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball
T.I. - Whatever You Like
Eminem - Lose Yourself
Britney Spears - Toxic
Pitbull/Ne-Yo - Time Of Our Lives
Justin Timberlake - SexyBack
Katy Perry - Part Of Me

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road
19. Ed Sheeran/Chance The Rapper/PnB Rock - Cross Me
18. Halsey - Without Me
17. Post Malone - Wow.

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
16. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy
15. Lizzo - Truth Hurts
14. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
13. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
12. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings
11. Jonas Brothers - Cool
10. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger
9. Katy Perry - Never Really Over
8. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
7. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care
6. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
5. Halsey - Nightmare
4. Khalid - Talk
3. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier
2. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME!

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
1. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho

Total Score: 75/100 = 75% (C) [Decent]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. First (yes I said it)

    Quick question: Why is SBY your favorite song? IMO it is the worst. Why is it your favorite song ATR? Just asking? Btw nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing I disagree with is Katy Perry being anywhere in the “great” category. I don’t like her songs anymore!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023