AT40: Post Malone (1) Week Of July 6, 2019

So, we're now in the second half of 2019. I really hope everyone's having a great 4th of July weekend! As far as the countdown goes, we have now entered the Dark Ages of the AT40, because we have another crappy #1 song. We're going to talk about it later. But for now, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Travis Scott/Drake - Sicko Mode [GOODBYE!!!!!!!!!!]
Jennifer Lopez/French Montana - Medicine

Last Week's #1 Song: Jonas Brothers - Sucker
The Countdown:
#40. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (DEBUT)
#39. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood (#39)
#38. The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha - Call You Mine (DEBUT)
#37. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (#32)
#36. NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Georgia Ku/Captain Cuts - So Close (#36)
#35. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#34)
#34. MAX/Quinn XCII - Love Me Less (#38)
#33. Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee - Close To Me (#30)
#32. DJ Khaled/SZA - Just Us (#35)
#31. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower (#28)
#30. Travis Scott/The Weeknd - Wake Up (#31)
#29. Khalid - Better (#26)
#28. P!nk - Walk Me Home (#29)
#27. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#24)
#26. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#33)
#25. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (#22)
#24. AJ Mitchell - All My Friends (#27)
#23. Lizzo - Truth Hurts (#25)
#22. Daddy Yankee/Katy Perry/Snow - Con Calma (#19)
#21. Bryce Vine/YG - La La Land (#23)
#20. Halsey - Without Me (#16)
#19. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier (#20)
#18. Ed Sheeran/Chance The Rapper/PnB Rock - Cross Me (#18)
#17. Katy Perry - Never Really Over (#21)
#16. Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over (#17)
#15. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#12)
#14. Halsey - Nightmare (#15)
#13. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (#11)
#12. Jonas Brothers - Cool (#14)
#11. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#13)
#10. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (#10)
#9. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (#9)
#8. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#6)
#7. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME! (#8)
#6. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care (#7)
#5. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger (#3)
#4. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (#4)
#3. Khalid - Talk (#5)
#2. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#1)
#1. Post Malone - Wow. (#2) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Post Malone/Ty Dolla $ign - Psycho (3 of 4 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

I'm so glad to see Dan + Shay - Speechless (+7) being in the Top 30. They had the best week ever on here!
I'm also glad to see Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (-5) having the biggest drop this week as it fell to the Bottom 5. Now, this needs to be out of here soon.

New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:

Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine: This is such an awesome song. I've already explained why this song was awesome in my other posts. I really love the instrumentation in this one, Tyler has a cool voice and the chorus sounded awesome. Let's see how far this one gets.

The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha - Call You Mine: The best debut this week. This is definitely an amazing song. Though we didn't get any vocals from Andrew Taggart, but it is still amazing for me because to me, Bebe's a talented singer. Now, on to the song. I pretty much already explained why it's amazing last month. The production sounded amazing, Bebe's vocals sounded heaven, the chorus sounded amazing, and that drop sounded marvelous. Let's see if it'll do amazing on here.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger: I somehow still want this song to be back in the Top 3. But let's see if it does soon.
4. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road: I'm still waiting for it to not be in the Top 3. Can we please let this song drop next week? I better hope so.
3. Khalid - Talk: I'm so glad to see this song in the Top 3. Now, I really hope this song goes to the top soon.
2. Jonas Brothers - Sucker: It dropped out of the top spot. Though it did had an amazing run at the top.
1. Post Malone - Wow.: UGH!!!!!! What is going on with you?! I'm not too thrilled about this song at the top. I'm seriously done with his music. This better leave the top spot next week.

Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:

Martin Garrix/Macklemore/Patrick Stump - Summer Days
Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello - Find U Again
Bazzi - Paradise
Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down
A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie - Look Back At It

And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:

Nelly - Just A Dream
Andy Grammer - Don't Give Up On Me
Selena Gomez/A$AP Rocky - Good For You
BTS/Halsey - Boy With Luv
Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me
B.O.B./Hayley Williams - Airplanes
Andy Grammer - Honey, I'm Good
Jason Derulo - Whatcha Say
Nicki Minaj - Super Bass
Jay Sean/Lil Wayne - Down
Andy Grammer - Keep Your Head Up


My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road
19. Ed Sheeran/Chance The Rapper/PnB Rock - Cross Me
18. Halsey - Without Me
17. Post Malone - Wow.

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
16. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy
15. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
14. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
13. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings
12. Jonas Brothers - Cool
11. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger
10. Katy Perry - Never Really Over
9. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
8. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care
7. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
6. Halsey - Nightmare
5. Khalid - Talk
4. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier
3. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME!

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over
TIE: 1. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho

Total Score: 78/100 - 78% (C+) [Decent]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023