Shawn Mendes (1) Week Of June 29, 2019

I don't have much to say about this one. We had a mixture of good and bad things happening on this countdown. Though we do have a brand new #1 song, which is nice. Other than that, I can't think of anything else to say, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Alessia Cara - Out Of Love

Last Week's #1 Song: Jonas Brothers - Sucker
The Countdown:
#45. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#44)
#44. Jordan McGraw - Flexible (#43)
#43. Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over (#45)
#42. Bazzi - Paradise (#37)
#41. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#38)
#40. Ellie Goulding/Diplo - Close To Me (#39)
#39. Post Malone - Wow. (#40)
#38. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (#41)
#37. NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Georgia Ku/Captain Cuts - So Close (#35)
#36. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#34) [ONE YEAR]
#35. Lauv/Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired (#32)
#34. Billie Eilish - Bury A Friend (#36)
#33. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#31)
#32. Andy Grammer - Don't Give Up On Me (#28)
#31. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (#29)
#30. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly (#30)
#29. Martin Garrix/Macklemore/Patrick Stump - Summer Days (#27)
#28. P!nk - Walk Me Home (#26)
#27. Kaskade/Meghan Trainor - With You (#33)
#26. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#19)
#25. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger (#25)
#24. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar (#21)
#23. Ciara - Thinkin Bout You (#14)
#22. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (#23)
#21. MAX/Quinn XCII - Love Me Less (#24)
#20. Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime (#17)
#19. Ava Max - So Am I (#20)
#18. Alec Benjamin - If We Have Each Other (#22)
#17. Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down (DEBUT)
#16. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#15)
#15. Katy Perry - Never Really Over (#16)
#14. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (#12)
#13. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier (#13)
#12. Halsey - Without Me (#10)
#11. Jonas Brothers - Cool (#11)
#10. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#7)
#9. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me (#9)
#8. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#8)
#7. Khalid - Talk (#18)
#6. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care (#5)
#5. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME! (#2)
#4. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#1)
#3. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love (#4)
#2. Halsey - Nightmare (#6)
#1. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (#3) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Panic! At The Disco - Say Amen (Saturday Night) (4th and final week at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

I'm so glad to see Khalid - Talk (+11) in the Top 10. The song has grown on me this past week. Let's see if it'll be in the Top 5 soon.
I'm not happy to see Ciara - Thinkin Bout You (-9) with the biggest drop this week as it's out of the Top 20. I really want it to be back in there.

New Song/s on the countdown this week are:

Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down: This is such an outstanding song. But it's not as good as ME!, but still, it is outstanding. I really love that production and Taylor's vocals sounded outstanding. That chorus in this one is definitely what I stand for. Let's see if it'll do amazing on here.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME!: I really don't want this song to drop. I really want it to be back in the Top 3. Let's see if I'm right.
4. Jonas Brothers - Sucker: It dropped out of the top spot. Though I'm glad that it had a strongly heaven run at the top as it broke the record for most weeks at #1.
3. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love: Good. It's back in the Top 3. Now, I really want it to be at the top. Let's see if it does soon.
2. Halsey - Nightmare: It debuted the Top 5 this week and I was so pleased to see that. This is definitely better than Without Me. Now, back to my opinion. The production sounded amazing, Halsey's vocals sounded heaven, and wow. Her screaming in the chorus sounded marvelous. Let's see if it'll be her 3rd #1 song on here.
1. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You: I'm so pleased to see it at the top. He really has a lot of #1 songs on here. Let's see how long it can stay in there.

Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. Blanco Brown - The Git Up (DEBUT)
2. P!nk - Hustle
3. In Real Life - Crazy AF
4. Lizzo - Truth Hurts
5. SHAED - Trampoline (DEBUT)
6. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - Senorita
7. The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha - Call You Mine
8. AJR - 100 Bad Days
9. Ed Sheeran/Chance The Rapper/PnB Rock - Cross Me
10. Asher Angel - One Thought Away
11. OneRepublic - Rescue Me
12. Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello - Find U Again
13. Miley Cyrus - Mother's Daughter
14. Public - Make You Mine
15. Kygo/Rita Ora - Carry On

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

Blanco Brown - The Git Up: I've been hearing this song a lot on The Highway this past week. This is definitely an amazing country-pop song. I really love the production and the beat in this one and Blanco's vocals sounded amazing. The chorus was definitely fun. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.

SHAED - Trampoline: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. I heard this song a lot on Alt Nation. This is such a heaven song. The instrumentation sounded heaven, Chelsea's vocals shine pretty much throughout the whole song, and that chorus sounded absolutely heaven. This is going to be in my Top 5 songs of this year. This better be on the countdown soon.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road
19. Halsey - Without Me

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
18. Alec Benjamin - If We Have Each Other

3 - Decent:
None

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
17. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
16. Jonas Brothers - Cool
15. Katy Perry - Never Really Over
14. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved
13. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
12. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care
11. Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime
10. Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down
9. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
8. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love
7. Halsey - Nightmare
6. Khalid - Talk
5. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME!
4. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier
3. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me
2. Ava Max - So Am I

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho

Total Score: 88/100 = 88% (B+) [Good]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. I love all the Ed Sheeran songs! Not a fan of Katy Perry. Sorry I’ve been away for so long, ATR!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023