Shawn Mendes (3) Week Of July 13, 2019

Nothing much to say about this countdown. Although we had an interesting countdown this week. We had a lot of exits this week, which was interesting. Other than that, I really can't think of anything else to say. So, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Ciara - Thinkin Bout You
Billie Eilish - Bury A Friend*
NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Georgia Ku/Captain Cuts - So Close
Post Malone - Wow.
Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over

*Spyder Harrison did not announce the song as an exit

Last Week's #1 Song: Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
The Countdown:
#45. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#44)
#44. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (#43)
#43. Lauv/Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired (#42)
#42. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#40)
#41. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger (#25)
#40. Push Baby - Mama's House (#38)
#39. Ellie Goulding/Diplo - Close To Me (#39)
#38. P!nk - Hustle (DEBUT)
#37. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#33)
#36. Public - Make You Mine (DEBUT)
#35. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (#31)
#34. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#35)
#33. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly (#28)
#32. Blanco Brown - The Git Up (DEBUT)
#31. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar (#18)
#30. Martin Garrix/Macklemore/Patrick Stump - Summer Days (#23)
#29. P!nk - Walk Me Home (#28)
#28. Kaskade/Meghan Trainor - With You (#21)
#27. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#26)
#26. Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime (#24)
#25. Lizzo - Truth Hurts (DEBUT)
#24. Andy Grammer - Don't Give Up On Me (#32)
#23. Bazzi - Paradise (#36)
#22. Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down (#17)
#21. MAX/Quinn XCII - Love Me Less (#30)
#20. Ava Max - So Am I (#19)
#19. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#20)
#18. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (#22)
#17. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (#10)
#16. Alec Benjamin - If We Have Each Other (#16)
#15. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME! (#6)
#14. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier (#14)
#13. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#8)
#12. Halsey - Without Me (#12)
#11. Jonas Brothers - Cool (#13)
#10. Katy Perry - Never Really Over (#15)
#9. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me (#11)
#8. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - Senorita (DEBUT)
#7. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#9)
#6. Khalid - Talk (#7)
#5. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care (#5)
#4. Halsey - Nightmare (#2)
#3. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#4)
#2. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love (#3)
#1. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (#1) [3rd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (1 of 2 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

I'm glad to see Bazzi - Paradise (+13) having the biggest jump this week in the Top 30. They had the best week ever!
I'm not too thrilled about Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger (-16) in the Bottom 5. This seriously needs to move back up.

New Song/s on the countdown this week are:

P!nk - Hustle: This is such an awesome song. Not as good as Walk Me Home though, but it is still awesome. I really love the instrumentation in this one and P!nk's vocals are amazing. I really enjoyed the chorus. Let's see if it does well on this countdown.

Public - Make You Mine: This song has actually been around since 2014. That was 5 years late that it made Hits 1. Now, this song was definitely an amazing song. The instrumentation sounded amazing, the vocals sounded amazing, the lyrics sounded amazing, and that chorus sounded fantastic. Let's see if this one does amazing on this countdown.

Blanco Brown - The Git Up: I've been hearing this song a lot on The Highway. This was such an amazing country-pop song to dance to. I really love the production and the beat in this one and Blanco's vocals sounded amazing. The chorus in this one was definitely fun. Let's see how this one does here.

Lizzo - Truth Hurts: This is just a decent song. Though it's a little bit of a step down from Juice, but it is still decent. The production sounded great in this one, but I still don't like her weird voice. Other than that, the chorus is just okay. Let's see how far this one gets.

Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - Senorita: The best countdown debut this week. This was such an amazing song. It's definitely a huge step up from If I Can't Have You. The production in this one sounded amazing, Shawn's vocals sounded amazing, Camila's vocals sounded heaven in her contribution, and that chorus is what I enjoyed. And of course, with it's debut in the Top 10, I guarantee it's going to do amazing on here. Let's see if it does.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care: I'm actually okay with this song still at that spot. Though I'm still waiting for it to be in the Top 3.
4. Halsey - Nightmare: I really don't want this song to drop. I really want it to be at the top. Let's see if I'm right.
3. Jonas Brothers - Sucker: I'm glad to see this song back in the Top 3. Let's see how long it'll stay in there.
2. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love: It's getting close to the top. I know they're 2 of Hits 1's favorites, so let's see if it'll be at the top soon. I'm pretty sure it's going to next week.
1. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You: Holding the top spot for the 3rd week in a row. I'm so pleased to see that. Let's see if it'll stay there for even longer.

Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. Miley Cyrus - Mother's Daughter
2. Stephen Puth - Look Away (DEBUT)
3. Dominic Fike - 3 Nights (DEBUT)
4. Ed Sheeran/Chance The Rapper/PnB Rock - Cross Me
5. SHAED - Trampoline
6. Jonas Brothers - Only Human (DEBUT)
7. Ellie Goulding/Juice WRLD - Hate Me (DEBUT)
8. AJR - 100 Bad Days
9. Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello - Find U Again
10. Post Malone/Young Thug - Goodbyes (DEBUT)
11. Asher Angel - One Thought Away
12. Thomas Rhett - Look What God Gave Her (DEBUT)
13. The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha - Call You Mine
14. OneRepublic - Rescue Me
15. In Real Life - Crazy AF

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

Stephen Puth - Look Away: What an outstanding song. It's definitely a step up from Sexual Vibe. The production sounded marvelous, Stephen's vocals are absolutely amazing, and that chorus is what I fell in love with. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.

Dominic Fike - 3 Nights: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. I heard this song a lot on Alt Nation. Now, this song was amazing. The instrumentation is amazing, Dominic's vocals sounded absolutely heaven, the lyrics are what I'm a fan of, and that chorus sounded spectacular. I really hope this one should make the countdown soon.

Jonas Brothers - Only Human: What an amazing song. This is definitely a step up from Cool. The production was remarkable, their vocals shine throughout the entire song, the lyrics are amazing, and that chorus was heaven. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.

Ellie Goulding/Juice WRLD - Hate Me: This song is such an outstanding song. Not as good as Close To Me, but it is still outstanding. Juice WRLD sounded so much better than in Lucid Dreams in this song. His verses are unstoppable. Other than that, Ellie's vocals sounded amazing in this one and the chorus sounded very amazing. Let's see if it'll make the countdown soon.

Post Malone/Young Thug - Goodbyes: ARE YOU KIDDING ME HITS 1?????!!!!! Although we did say goodbye to one song from him on the countdown. But unfortunately, we have another song that's looking forward to take it's place. Now, on to my opinion. The production sounded horrible, Post's vocals are terrible, and I do not like Young Thug's verse. So yeah. It's just bland and generic and I'm really hoping this should not debut the countdown.

Thomas Rhett - Look What God Gave Her: I heard this song a lot on The Highway. It spent several weeks at #1 on the Highway Hot 30, which was awesome. Now, on to the song. This was such an amazing country-pop song. The production in this one sounded remarkable, Thomas's vocals sounded amazing, the lyrics are marvelous, and that chorus is what I enjoyed. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road
19. Halsey - Without Me

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
18. Alec Benjamin - If We Have Each Other

3 - Decent:
17. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
16. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
15. Jonas Brothers - Cool
14. Katy Perry - Never Really Over
13. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved
12. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
11. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care
10. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
9. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love
8. Halsey - Nightmare
7. Khalid - Talk
6. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME!
5. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - Senorita
4. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier
3. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me
2. Ava Max - So Am I

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
1. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho

Total Score: 86/100 = 86% (B) [Good]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023