AT40: Khalid (2) Week Of July 20, 2019

So Ryan Seacrest is back on the job after a few weeks off. As far as the countdown goes, I thought it looks good. We had some interesting moves this week. Other than that, I can't think of anything else to say about that, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

AJ Mitchell - All My Friends
P!nk - Walk Me Home
NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Georgia Ku/Captain Cuts - So Close
5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood

Last Week's #1 Song: Khalid - Talk
The Countdown:
#40. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie - Look Back At It (DEBUT)
#39. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#37)
#38. Bazzi - Paradise (DEBUT)
#37. Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee - Close To Me (#34)
#36. Martin Garrix/Macklemore/Patrick Stump - Summer Days (DEBUT)
#35. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower (#32)
#34. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (#38)
#33. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME! (#12)
#32. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (DEBUT)
#31. Khalid - Better (#30)
#30. Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello - Find U Again (#39)
#29. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#28)
#28. The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha - Call You Mine (#36)
#27. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (#25)
#26. MAX/Quinn XCII- Love Me Less (#33)
#25. Travis Scott/The Weeknd - Wake Up (#29)
#24. Halsey - Without Me (#20)
#23. DJ Khaled/SZA - Just Us (#31)
#22. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#24)
#21. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (#17)
#20. Bryce Vine/YG - La La Land (#21)
#19. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#16)
#18. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - Senorita (#26)
#17. Lizzo - Truth Hurts (#19)
#16. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier (#18)
#15. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#11)
#14. Ed Sheeran/Chance The Rapper/PnB Rock - Cross Me (#15)
#13. Halsey - Nightmare (#14)
#12. Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down (#22)
#11. Katy Perry - Never Really Over (#13)
#10. Jonas Brothers - Cool (#10)
#9. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (#5)
#8. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger (#7)
#7. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#9)
#6. Post Malone - Wow. (#3)
#5. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (#8)
#4. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (#6)
#3. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#2)
#2. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care (#4)
#1. Khalid - Talk (#1) [2nd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Bazzi - Mine (1st and only week at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down (+10) had a nice jump this week into the Top 10. What a week for her!
Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME! (-21) is unfortunately on it's way out of here. Now we have two songs from her with the biggest drop and the biggest jump this week, which was interesting.

New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:

A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie - Look Back At It: Now look, I actually hate his music back then. But to me, I think this song was awesome. I actually love his vocals. He sounded so much better than his other songs. Other than that, I think the production is solid, and I think the lyrics are great. Let's see how this one does here.

Bazzi - Paradise: This was such an outstanding song. I've already explained why this song was outstanding in my other posts. The production in this one sounded marvelous, Bazzi's vocals are outstanding, the lyrics are amazing, and the chorus sounded spectacular. Let's see if this should do outstanding here.

Martin Garrix/Macklemore/Patrick Stump - Summer Days: It's such an outstanding EDM song. I've talked about this one in my other posts about why this song was outstanding. The production in this one sounded awesome, Macklemore has nailed his verses, Patrick's vocals in the chorus sounded amazing, and I enjoyed the drop. Let's see how this one does here.

Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved: This is such a nice piano ballad to listen to. Now, on to the song. The piano sounded remarkable, Lewis' vocals sounded amazing, and I fell in love with that chorus. Let's see if this one should do well on here.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You: It debuted the Top 5 this week and I'm glad to see that. Now, back to my opinion. The production sounded remarkable, Shawn's vocals sounded outstanding, and I really stand for that chorus. Let's see if it'll be at the top soon.
4. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy: It even debuted the Top 5 this week. I'm actually okay with that, because it's just a decent song. Now, back to my opinion. The production sounded okay and her vocals sounded decent. I'd be okay if this one does well in here.
3. Jonas Brothers - Sucker: I really don't have anything to say about this one. Although I'm still glad that it's still in the Top 3.
2. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care: It's almost at the top. I'm so glad about that. Now, let's see if this should be at the top soon.
1. Khalid - Talk: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I'm so pleased that it's still there. Let's see how long it can stay there even more.

Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:

SHAED - Trampoline
Post Malone/Young Thug - Goodbyes
Ed Sheeran/Khalid - Beautiful People
Miley Cyrus - Mother's Daughter

And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:

The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love
Major Lazer/Justin Bieber/MO - Cold Water
Tove Lo - Habits
Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk
Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over
Rihanna/Calvin Harris - We Found Love
Zedd/Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle
Travis Scott/Drake - Sicko Mode
Cardi B./Bad Bunny/J. Balvin - I Like It
Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out
Daddy Yankee/Katy Perry/Snow - Con Calma
Drake - Hotline Bling
Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road
19. Ed Sheeran/Chance The Rapper/PnB Rock - Cross Me
18. Bryce Vine/YG - La La Land
17. Post Malone - Wow.

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
16. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy
15. Lizzo - Truth Hurts

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
14. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
13. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings
12. Jonas Brothers - Cool
11. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger
10. Katy Perry - Never Really Over
9. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
8. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care
7. Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down
6. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
5. Halsey - Nightmare
4. Khalid - Talk
3. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - Senorita
2. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
1. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho

Total Score: 77/100 = 77% (C) [Decent]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

AT40: Miguel (6) Week Of July 8, 2023