AT40: Khalid (3) Week Of July 27, 2019

So we're now officially in the last week of July. I feel like summer has gone by so fast. As far as the AT40 goes, I thought it looks okay. There's nothing really interesting to say about this one. So let's just get to it. Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME!

Last Week's #1 Song: Khalid - Talk
The Countdown:
#40. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#39)
#39. Post Malone/Young Thug - Goodbyes (DEBUT)
#38. Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee - Close To Me (#37)
#37. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie - Look Back At It (#40)
#36. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower (#35)
#35. Bazzi - Paradise (#38)
#34. Martin Garrix/Macklemore/Patrick Stump - Summer Days (#36)
#33. Khalid - Better (#31)
#32. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (#34)
#31. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#29)
#30. Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello - Find U Again (#30)
#29. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#32)
#28. Travis Scott/The Weeknd - Wake Up (#25)
#27. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (#27)
#26. The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha - Call You Mine (#28)
#25. MAX/Quinn XCII - Love Me Less (#26)
#24. DJ Khaled/SZA - Just Us (#23)
#23. Halsey - Without Me (#24)
#22. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (#21)
#21. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#22)
#20. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#19)
#19. Bryce Vine/YG - La La Land (#20)
#18. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#15)
#17. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier (#17)
#16. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - Senorita (#18)
#15. Ed Sheeran/Chance The Rapper/PnB Rock - Cross Me (#14)
#14. Halsey - Nightmare (#13)
#13. Lizzo - Truth Hurts (#17)
#12. Jonas Brothers - Cool (#10)
#11. Katy Perry - Never Really Over (#11)
#10. Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down (#12)
#9. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (#9)
#8. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger (#8)
#7. Post Malone - Wow. (#6)
#6. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#7)
#5. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (#5)
#4. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#3)
#3. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (#4)
#2. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care (#2)
#1. Khalid - Talk (#1) [3rd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Ariana Grande - No Tears Left To Cry (1st and only week at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

I'm actually okay with Lizzo - Truth Hurts (+4) having the biggest jump this week. It's just a decent song. However, if it makes the Top 10, I'll be fine with that.
Travis Scott/The Weeknd - Wake Up had the biggest drop this week. But what's also tied for the biggest drop this week is Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (-3), which I'm not happy to see. At least it's still in the Top 20, so that's pretty good.

New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:

Post Malone/Young Thug - Goodbyes: This is definitely garbage. I've already went over this a couple of weeks ago saying why this song was garbage. I do not like Post Malone's music at all. He's not a great singer. Now, on to the song. The production in this one is horrible, Post's vocals are terrible, and Young Thug ruined the song with his verse. This better do poorly on here.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You: I'm still waiting for it to be in the Top 3. Let's see if it happens within the next week or so.
4. Jonas Brothers - Sucker: I somehow still want this song in the Top 3. But let's see if it'll be back in there soon.
3. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy: I'm actually okay with this song in the Top 3. This could be her first hit on here. If it is, I'll be fine.
2. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care: I'm not sure why it's still in here. I'm still waiting for it to be at the top. Let's see if it'll happen soon.
1. Khalid - Talk: Holding the top spot for the 3rd week in a row. I'm so pleased that it's still there. Let's see how long it can stay in there even more.

Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:

Ed Sheeran/Khalid - Beautiful People
Jonas Brothers - Only Human
SHAED - Trampoline
Miley Cyrus - Mother's Daughter

And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:

5 Seconds Of Summer - Youngblood
Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful
P!nk - Walk Me Home
The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming
Jason Derulo/2 Chainz - Talk Dirty
Post Malone - Better Now
Justin Bieber - Sorry
AJ Mitchell - All My Friends
Sia - Chandelier
Imagine Dragons - Natural
NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Georgia Ku/Captain Cuts - So Close
Maroon 5 - One More Night

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road
19. Ed Sheeran/Chance The Rapper/PnB Rock - Cross Me
18. Bryce Vine/YG - La La Land
17. Post Malone - Wow.

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
16. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy
15. Lizzo - Truth Hurts
14. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
13. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
12. Jonas Brothers - Cool
11. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger
10. Katy Perry - Never Really Over
9. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
8. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care
7. Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down
6. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
5. Halsey - Nightmare
4. Khalid - Talk
3. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - Senorita
2. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
1. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho

Total Score: 75/100 = 75% (C) [Decent]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

AT40: Miguel (6) Week Of July 8, 2023