The Chainsmokers (1) Week Of July 20, 2019

We had an interesting countdown this week. What's interesting about it is that we have a brand new #1 song this week. It's so nice to have new songs there. Other than that, I really can't think of anything else about it, so let's get to it! Unfortunately, there are no songs leaving the countdown this week. So let's get right into the countdown.

Last Week's #1 Song: Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
The Countdown:
#45. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (#35)
#44. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (#44)
#43. Lauv/Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired (#43)
#42. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#42)
#41. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger (#41)
#40. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar (#31)
#39. Ellie Goulding/Diplo - Close To Me (#39)
#38. Push Baby - Mama's House (#40)
#37. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#45)
#36. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#34)
#35. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#37)
#34. P!nk - Walk Me Home (#29)
#33. Blanco Brown - The Git Up (#32)
#32. Public - Make You Mine (#36)
#31. Lizzo - Truth Hurts (#25)
#30. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly (#33)
#29. Kaskade/Meghan Trainor - With You (#28)
#28. Bazzi - Paradise (#23)
#27. P!nk - Hustle (#38)
#26. Martin Garrix/Macklemore/Patrick Stump - Summer Days (#30)
#25. Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME! (#15)
#24. Ava Max - So Am I (#20)
#23. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#27)
#22. Halsey - Without Me (#12)
#21. Andy Grammer - Don't Give Up On Me (#24)
#20. MAX/Quinn XCII - Love Me Less (#21)
#19. Katy Perry - Never Really Over (#10)
#18. Alec Benjamin - If We Have Each Other (#16)
#17. Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down (#22)
#16. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (#18)
#15. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - Senorita (#8)
#14. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#13)
#13. Khalid - Talk (#6)
#12. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me (#9)
#11. Jonas Brothers - Cool (#11)
#10. Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime (#26)
#9. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care (#5)
#8. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier (#14)
#7. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (#17)
#6. Halsey - Nightmare (#4)
#5. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (#1)
#4. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#19)
#3. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#7)
#2. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#3)
#1. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love (#2) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (2nd and final week at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime (+16) had the biggest jump this week as it made it to the Top 10. What a week for them!
Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored took a big drop this week to the bottom spot. I'm actually okay with that. But what's also tied for the biggest drop this week is Taylor Swift/Brendon Urie - ME!, which I'm not too thrilled about, and Halsey - Without Me (-10) which I'm so pleased to see.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You: It dropped out of the top spot. Although I still would like to see it back at the top. Let's see what happens.
4. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved: It debuted the Top 5 this week. I was actually surprised about that big jump it took to make it's debut here. Now, back to my opinion. It's such a nice piano ballad to listen to. The piano sounded remarkable, Lewis' vocals sounded amazing, and I fell in love with that chorus. Let's see if it'll be at the top soon.
3. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It: It re-entered the Top 5 this week. I'm actually glad to see that. I'm not sure if it's going to stay there for a while, though. But we're going to have to wait and see.
2. Jonas Brothers - Sucker: I'm actually glad to see it back at that spot. But I don't think it's ever going to be back at the top. Let's see how long it can stay there.
1. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love: I'm so pleased to see this song at the top. It's 2 of Hits 1's favs, so it's pretty awesome to see this song at that spot. Let's see how long it can stay there.

Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:

1. Ellie Goulding/Juice WRLD - Hate Me
2. OneRepublic - Rescue Me
3. Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello - Find U Again
4. Miley Cyrus - Mother's Daughter
5. Asher Angel - One Thought Away
6. The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha - Call You Mine
7. Post Malone/Young Thug - Goodbyes
8. Thomas Rhett - Look What God Gave Her
9. Jonas Brothers - Only Human
10. AJR - 100 Bad Days
11. Dominic Fike - 3 Nights
12. Ed Sheeran/Chance The Rapper/PnB Rock - Cross Me
13. Zara Larsson - All The Time (DEBUT)
14. Stephen Puth - Look Away
15. SHAED - Trampoline
16. Bryce Vine - La La Land (DEBUT)

New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:

Zara Larsson - All The Time: This was definitely an amazing song. Though it's not as good as Ruin My Life, but it's still amazing. The production sounded unstoppable, Zara's vocals sounded absolutely amazing, and I really enjoyed that chorus. Let's see if it can be on the countdown soon.

Bryce Vine - La La Land: Hits 1 edited out YG's verse, which was amazing. But still, the song is garbage. I've already went over this on the AT40. It's an automatic step down from Drew Barrymore. The production is boring and I don't think Bryce sounds good here. I really hope this doesn't make the countdown.

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
19. Alec Benjamin - If We Have Each Other
18. MAX/Quinn XCII - Love Me Less

3 - Decent:
17. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
16. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
15. Jonas Brothers - Cool
14. Katy Perry - Never Really Over
13. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved
12. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
11. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care
10. Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime
9. Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down
8. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
7. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love
6. Halsey - Nightmare
5. Khalid - Talk
4. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - Senorita
3. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier
2. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
1. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho

Total Score: 88/100 = 88% (B+) [Good]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

AT40: Miguel (6) Week Of July 8, 2023