AT40: Billie Eilish (1) Week Of August 17, 2019

The countdown this week looks okay. We have another okay song at #1 this week, which I'm fine with. Other than that, we have a mixture of good and bad things happening on here. I can't think of anything else to say, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Halsey - Nightmare

Last Week's #1 Song: Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care
The Countdown:
#40. Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee - Close To Me (#40)
#39. Jonas Brothers - Cool (#21)
#38. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower (#38)
#37. Khalid - Better (#36)
#36. Martin Garrix/Macklemore/Patrick Stump - Summer Days (#32)
#35. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#33)
#34. Bazzi - Paradise (#34)
#33. Ellie Goulding/Juice WRLD - Hate Me (#39)
#32. SHAED - Trampoline (#35)
#31. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (#29)
#30. Sam Smith - How Do You Sleep? (DEBUT)
#29. Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello - Find U Again (#31)
#28. Halsey - Without Me (#27)
#27. Bryce Vine/YG - La La Land (#18)
#26. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (#25)
#25. Blanco Brown - The Git Up (#37)
#24. DJ Khaled/SZA - Just Us (#26)
#23. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#22)
#22. MAX/Quinn XCII- Love Me Less (#24)
#21. The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha - Call You Mine (#23)
#20. Jonas Brothers - Only Human (#28)
#19. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#19)
#18. Ed Sheeran/Khalid - Beautiful People (#30)
#17. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#17)
#16. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#20)
#15. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (#13)
#14. Post Malone - Wow. (#12)
#13. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier (#14)
#12. Post Malone/Young Thug - Goodbyes (#15)
#11. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger (#9)
#10. Katy Perry - Never Really Over (#11)
#9. Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down (#10)
#8. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - Senorita (#8)
#7. Lizzo - Truth Hurts (#7)
#6. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#6)
#5. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#5)
#4. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (#4)
#3. Khalid - Talk (#3)
#2. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care (#1)
#1. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (#2) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (2 of 5 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

I'm so glad to see Blanco Brown - The Git Up having the biggest jump this week in the Top 30. But what's also tied for the biggest jump this week is Ed Sheeran/Khalid - Beautiful People (+12), as it jumped all the way to the Top 20. I'm also glad to see that.
I did not expect Jonas Brothers - Cool (-18) to have the biggest drop this week. But I'm afraid this might be the end of it.

New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:

Sam Smith - How Do You Sleep?: Wow. This is like the second time this year that he had a song debut at #30. Dancing With A Stranger debuted at that spot back in February. But anyway. As far as the song goes, it is outstanding. But it's not as good as Dancing With A Stranger, but it is still outstanding. I really love the production here and Sam sounded outstanding. I stand for the chorus. Let's see how this one does.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Jonas Brothers - Sucker: I really don't have much to say about this one, but I'm glad that it's still in there.
4. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You: Oh come on. I would like to see it be in the Top 3. Let's see if it happens next week.
3. Khalid - Talk: I am so glad that it's still in there. I somehow still want this song to remain in there, but let's see what happens.
2. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care: It dropped out of the top spot. Although it did had a nice couple of weeks on here. Let's see if it'll be back here soon.
1. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy: I'm actually okay with this song at the top, because it's just a decent song. Let's see how long it could stay in there.

Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:

Miley Cyrus - Mother's Daughter
Zara Larsson - All The Time
Marshmello/Kane Brown - One Thing Right

And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:

Marshmello/Bastille - Happier
Ed Sheeran/Chance The Rapper/PnB Rock - Cross Me
Taylor Swift - Delicate
Bruno Mars/Cardi B. - Finesse (Remix)
Bad Bunny/Drake - MIA
Zedd/Foxes - Clarity
Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine
Drake - Nice For What
NF - Let You Down
Disclosure/Sam Smith - Latch
Ariana Grande - Into You

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road
19. Post Malone/Young Thug - Goodbyes
18. Post Malone - Wow.

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
17. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy
16. Lizzo - Truth Hurts

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
15. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
14. Dan + Shay - Speechless
13. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger
12. Katy Perry - Never Really Over
11. Jonas Brothers - Only Human
10. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved
9. Shawn Mendes - If I Can’t Have You
8. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don’t Care
7. Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down
6. Ed Sheeran/Khalid - Beautiful People
5. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
4. Khalid - Talk
3. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - Senorita

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier
TIE: 1. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho

Total Score: 83/100 = 83% (B) [Good]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023