AT40: Shawn Mendes (1) Week Of September 7, 2019

So, the month of September is now here. And I'm now officially a junior in high school. We are now basically in the homestretch of 2019. And of course, football is back! I know some people here know that they love football. Anyway. Enough of that, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

DJ Khaled/SZA - Just Us
Katy Perry - Never Really Over

Last Week's #1 Song: Billie Eilish - Bad Guy
The Countdown:
#40. Khalid - Better (#39)
#39. Chris Brown/Drake - No Guidance (DEBUT)
#38. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#37)
#37. Kaskade/Meghan Trainor - With You (DEBUT)
#36. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (#35)
#35. OneRepublic - Rescue Me (#40)
#34. Lil Nas X - Panini (#38)
#33. Halsey - Without Me (#32)
#32. Marshmello/Kane Brown - One Thing Right (#36)
#31. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (#29)
#30. Zara Larsson - All The Time (#34)
#29. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#27)
#28. Miley Cyrus - Mother's Daughter (#30)
#27. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#25)
#26. NF - Time (#33)
#25. Ellie Goulding/Juice WRLD - Hate Me (#28)
#24. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (#19)
#23. MAX/Quinn XCII - Love Me Less (#23)
#22. The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha - Call You Mine (#20)
#21. Blanco Brown - The Git Up (#22)
#20. SHAED - Trampoline (#31)
#19. Post Malone - Wow. (#16)
#18. Sam Smith - How Do You Sleep? (#21)
#17. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#18)
#16. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger (#14)
#15. Jonas Brothers - Only Human (#15)
#14. Ariana Grande/Social House - Boyfriend (#17)
#13. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#12)
#12. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier (#11)
#11. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#8)
#10. Ed Sheeran/Khalid - Beautiful People (#13)
#9. Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down (#10)
#8. Post Malone/Young Thug - Goodbyes (#9)
#7. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#7)
#6. Khalid - Talk (#6)
#5. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (#4)
#4. Lizzo - Truth Hurts (#5)
#3. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care (#2)
#2. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (#1)
#1. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - Senorita (#3) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Maroon 5/Cardi B. - Girls Like You (5th and final week at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

I am super duper pleased to see SHAED - Trampoline (+11) in the Top 20. Now, let's see if it'll be in the Top 10 soon.
I am also super duper pleased about Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (-5) out of the Top 20. Now we have the best song on the countdown with the biggest jump and the worst song with the biggest drop. I'm pleased about that.

New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:

Chris Brown/Drake - No Guidance: This is just a decent song. Chris's vocals in this one sounded amazing and Drake sounded awesome in his contribution, but I'm not huge on the production. I much prefer his older songs. Let's see how this one does.

Kaskade/Meghan Trainor - With You: I've went over this song before. This was such an amazing EDM song. The production sounded amazing, Meghan's vocals sounded amazing, the chorus was amazing, the drop was amazing, everything on this song was amazing. Let's see how this one does here.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You: Oh come on. It better not drop out of the Top 5. I'd like to see it be at the top soon. But let's see what happens.
4. Lizzo - Truth Hurts: I'm okay with this song almost in the Top 3. However, if it does go to the Top 3, I'll still be okay.
3. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care: I still want it to remain in the Top 3. But let's see what happens.
2. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy: It dropped out of the top spot. I'm okay with this song out of here. I'll still be fine if it goes back to the top spot. But let's see what happens.
1. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - Senorita: I am pretty pleased to see this song at the top spot. Now, I really hope this one stays there for a little longer, because it is an amazing song. Let's see how long it can stay in there.

Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:

Herve Pagez/Diplo/Charli XCX - Spicy
Normani Kordei - Motivation
Monsta X/French Montana - Who Do U Love
Sam Feldt/Rani - Post Malone

And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:

Shawn Mendes - Treat You Better
The Weeknd - Earned It
Alessia Cara - Here
Jonas Brothers - Cool
J. Balvin/Willy William/Beyoncé - Mi Gente
G-Eazy/Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself, & I
The Chainsmokers/Halsey - Closer
Bryce Vine/YG - La La Land
Ellie Goulding - Love Me Like You Do

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Post Malone/Young Thug - Goodbyes
19. Ariana Grande/Social House - Boyfriend
18. Post Malone - Wow.

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
17. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy
16. Lizzo - Turth Hurts

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
15. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
14. Dan + Shay - Speechless
13. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger
12. Jonas Brothers - Only Human
11. Sam Smith - How Do You Sleep?
10. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved
9. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
8. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care
7. Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down
6. Ed Sheeran/Khalid - Beautiful People
5. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
4. Khalid - Talk
3. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - Senorita

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier
TIE: 1. SHAED - Trampoline

Total Score: 83/100 = 83% (B) [Good]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023