AT40: Shawn Mendes (2) Week Of September 14, 2019

Nothing much to say about this one. We still have an extremely amazing #1 song this week, which is still amazing. Other than that, our debuts this week looks good. I feel like that's all I have to say about this one, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored
Khalid - Better

Last Week's #1 Song: Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - Senorita
The Countdown:
#40. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#38)
#39. Monsta X/French Montana - Who Do U Love (DEBUT)
#38. Chris Brown/Drake - No Guidance (#39)
#37. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (#36)
#36. Kaskade/Meghan Trainor - With You (#37)
#35. Halsey - Without Me (#33)
#34. OneRepublic - Rescue Me (#35)
#33. Normani Kordei - Motivation (DEBUT)
#32. Miley Cyrus - Mother's Daughter (#28)
#31. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#29)
#30. Marshmello/Kane Brown - One Thing Right (#32)
#29. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#27)
#28. Lil Nas X - Panini (#34)
#27. Zara Larsson - All The Time (#30)
#26. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (#24)
#25. Ellie Goulding/Juice WRLD - Hate Me (#25)
#24. NF - Time (#26)
#23. Blanco Brown - The Git Up (#21)
#22. MAX/Quinn XCII - Love Me Less (#23)
#21. The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha - Call You Mine (#22)
#20. Post Malone - Wow. (#19)
#19. SHAED - Trampoline (#20)
#18. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#11)
#17. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#17)
#16. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger (#16)
#15. Sam Smith - How Do You Sleep? (#18)
#14. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier (#12)
#13. Jonas Brothers - Only Human (#15)
#12. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#13)
#11. Ariana Grande/Social House - Boyfriend (#14)
#10. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#7)
#9. Ed Sheeran/Khalid - Beautiful People (#10)
#8. Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down (#9)
#7. Post Malone/Young Thug - Goodbyes (#8)
#6. Khalid - Talk (#6)
#5. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (#5)
#4. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (#2)
#3. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care (#3)
#2. Lizzo - Truth Hurts (#4)
#1. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - Senorita (#1) [2nd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Post Malone - Better Now (1 of 2 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

Lil Nas X - Panini (+6) does not deserve to have the biggest jump this week! I really had it with this song and I hope it doesn't get to the Top 20.
I'm not too thrilled about Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (-7) with the biggest drop this week. It's such a cool song and I really want to see it move back up.

New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:

Monsta X/French Montana - Who Do U Love: We have another K-Pop group making it's debut here. But, this song was just decent. I'm not huge on the production and the beat, but their vocals sounded great and French Montana has nailed his verse. But overall, the song was decent. Let's see how this one does.

Normani Kordei - Motivation: This is the only great debut this week and it's definitely the best debut this week. This is such an amazing song. Now, on to the song. The production in this one was so amazing, Normani's vocals are absolutely amazing, and I really enjoyed that chorus. Let's see how this one does on here.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You: I'm glad this song didn't get out of here. Now, I really want to see it back in the Top 3. Let's see what happens.
4. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy: It dropped out of the Top 3. I'm still fine with that, because it's just a decent song.
3. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care: I really don't have much to say, but I'm glad it's still in the Top 3. Let's see how long it can remain in here.
2. Lizzo - Truth Hurts: I'm actually okay with this song almost at the top. If it hits #1 soon, I'll still be fine. Let's see what happens.
1. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - Senorita: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. It's pretty amazing that it's still in there. Let's see how long it can stay in there even more.

Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:

Herve Pagez/Diplo/Charli XCX - Spicy
Post Malone - Circles
Taylor Swift - Lover
Sam Feldt/Rani - Post Malone
Delacey - My Man

And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:

Ellie Goulding/Diplo/Swae Lee - Close To Me
The Weeknd/Kendrick Lamar - Pray For Me
Katy Perry - Never Really Over
Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud
Zayn/Taylor Swift - I Don't Wanna Live Forever
Fifth Harmony/Ty Dolla $ign - Work From Home
The Chainsmokers/ROZES - Roses
Flo Rida - My House
Twenty One Pilots - Ride

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Post Malone/Young Thug - Goodbyes
19. Ariana Grande/Social House - Boyfriend
18. Post Malone - Wow.

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
17. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy
16. Lizzo - Truth Hurts

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
15. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
14. Dan + Shay - Speechless
13. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger
12. Jonas Brothers - Only Human
11. Sam Smith - How Do You Sleep?
10. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved
9. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
8. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care
7. Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down
6. Ed Sheeran/Khalid - Beautiful People
5. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
4. Khalid - Talk
3. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - Senorita

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier
TIE: 1. SHAED - Trampoline

Total Score: 83/100 = 83% (B) [Good]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023