AT40: Shawn Mendes (3) Week Of September 21, 2019

So, we're now entering the season of fall. The weather is starting to get cooler. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, it was definitely the amazing way to kick off the new season. I mean, we still have an amazing #1 song this week. So anyway. Enough of that. Let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Blanco Brown - The Git Up
Miley Cyrus - Mother's Daughter
Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes

Last Week's #1 Song: Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - Senorita
The Countdown:
#40. Taylor Swift - Lover (DEBUT)
#39. Sam Feldt/Rani - Post Malone (DEBUT)
#38. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (#37)
#37. Monsta X/French Montana - Who Do U Love (#39)
#36. Halsey - Without Me (#35)
#35. Kaskade/Meghan Trainor - With You (#36)
#34. Chris Brown/Drake - No Guidance (#38)
#33. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#31)
#32. OneRepublic - Rescue Me (#34)
#31. Normani Kordei - Motivation (#33)
#30. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#29)
#29. Post Malone - Circles (DEBUT)
#28. Marshmello/Kane Brown - One Thing Right (#30)
#27. Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (#26)
#26. Lil Nas X - Panini (#28)
#25. Zara Larsson - All The Time (#27)
#24. Ellie Goulding/Juice WRLD - Hate Me (#25)
#23. Post Malone - Wow. (#20)
#22. NF - Time (#24)
#21. MAX/Quinn XCII - Love Me Less (#22)
#20. The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha - Call You Mine (#21)
#19. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#18)
#18. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#17)
#17. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger (#16)
#16. SHAED - Trampoline (#19)
#15. Sam Smith - How Do You Sleep? (#15)
#14. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier (#14)
#13. Jonas Brothers - Only Human (#13)
#12. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#10)
#11. Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down (#8)
#10. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#12)
#9. Ariana Grande/Social House - Boyfriend (#11)
#8. Ed Sheeran/Khalid - Beautiful People (#9)
#7. Khalid - Talk (#6)
#6. Post Malone/Young Thug - Goodbyes (#7)
#5. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (#5)
#4. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (#4)
#3. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care (#3)
#2. Lizzo - Truth Hurts (#2)
#1. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - Senorita (#1) [3rd Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Post Malone - Better Now (2nd and final week at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

Chris Brown/Drake - No Guidance (+4) has been gaining airplay on the pop radio charts. I'm actually okay with that, because it's just decent.
I'm so glad to see Post Malone - Wow. (-3) out of the Top 20. Now, this better keep moving down and it needs to be out of here soon.

New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:

Taylor Swift - Lover: The best debut this week. This is definitely an amazing song. I've already went over this song before back when it debuted Hit Bound. It's pretty slow, but Taylor's vocals are absolutely phenomenal and the production is amazing. The chorus in this one sounded absolutely heaven. Let's see how this one does.

Sam Feldt/Rani - Post Malone: This is just a decent song. I don't find this song too interesting. Now, on to my opinion. The production is okay, Rani's vocals are decent, the chorus was decent, and the drop is alright. So yeah. This is just a decent song. This isn't really his best work as a DJ here. Let's see how this one does.

Post Malone - Circles: Gosh... help me here! I've already explained why this song was garbage. I really hate Post's music so much. Now, on to my opinion. The production in this one sounded really bad, Post's vocals sounded awful, and I'm really not huge on that chorus. I'm afraid this is going to do great on here, because it's just Post. But I really hope it does not.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You: I still would like to see it move back up. But let's see what happens.
4. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy: I'm okay with this song still in there. It's just decent. Now, let's see what happens to this song.
3. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care: I'm glad about this song still in the Top 3. I somehow still want this song to be back at #1. But let's see what happens.
2. Lizzo - Truth Hurts: I'm fine with this song still remaining in that spot. I'll still be okay if it hits #1 soon, but let's see what happens then.
1. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - Senorita: Holding the top spot for the 3rd week in a row. I'm so pleased about this song still in there. Let's see how long it can stay in there even more.

Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:

Camila Cabello - Liar
Katy Perry - Small Talk
Camila Cabello - Shameless
Lil Tecca - Ran$om
Delacey - My Man
ILLENIUM/Jon Bellion - Good Things Fall Apart

And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:

DJ Snake/Justin Bieber - Let Me Love You
Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill
Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back
Ariana Grande - Breathin'
Clean Bandit/Jess Glynne - Rather Be
Camila Cabello/Young Thug - Havana
Maroon 5 - Sugar

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Post Malone/Young Thug - Goodbyes
19. Ariana Grande/Social House - Boyfriend

1 - Bad:
None

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
18. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy
17. Lizzo - Truth Hurts

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
16. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
15. Dan + Shay - Speechless
14. Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger
13. Jonas Brothers - Only Human
12. Sam Smith - How Do You Sleep?
11. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved
10. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
9. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care
8. Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down
7. Ed Sheeran/Khalid - Beautiful People
6. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
5. Khalid - Talk
4. The Chainsmokers/Bebe Rexha - Call You Mine
3. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - Senorita

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier
TIE: 1. SHAED - Trampoline

Total Score: 88/100 = 88% (B+) [Good]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023