AT40: Post Malone (5) Week Of February 1, 2020

As far as the Grammy Awards went last weekend, I thought it went amazing overall. I thought they did a really good job on performing their songs there. I think they sounded amazing. Though some of them weren't good, but a lot of them were amazing. Anyway. Now, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Niall Horan - Nice To Meet Ya

Saweetie - My Type

Why Don't We - What Am I

Sam Smith/Normani Kordei - Dancing With A Stranger


Last Week's #1 Song: Post Malone - Circles

The Countdown:

#40. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (#39)

#39. Halsey - You Should Be Sad (DEBUT)

#38. Khalid - Talk (#37)

#37. Louis Tomlinson - We Made It (DEBUT)

#36. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (#35)

#35. Black Eyed Peas/J. Balvin - RITMO (Bad Boys For Life) (#38)

#34. Post Malone/Young Thug - Goodbyes (#33)

#33. BTS/Lauv - Make It Right (#34)

#32. Sam Smith - How Do You Sleep? (#28)

#31. Zedd/Kehlani - Good Thing (#36)

#30. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care (#30)

#29. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (DEBUT)

#28. Travis Scott - Highest In The Room (#30)

#27. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - Senorita (#27)

#26. Ed Sheeran/Khalid - Beautiful People (#25)

#25. Camila Cabello/DaBaby - My Oh My (DEBUT)

#24. Kesha/Big Freedia - Raising Hell (#26)

#23. Taylor Swift - Lover (#18)

#22. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Teeth (#23)

#21. NF - Time (#20)

#20. Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B. - South Of The Border (#22)

#19. Lizzo - Truth Hurts (#16)

#18. Harry Styles - Adore You (#19)

#17. Justin Bieber - Yummy (#21)

#16. Blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer (#15)

#15. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted (#17)

#14. Jonas Brothers - Only Human (#14)

#13. Halsey - Graveyard (#12)

#12. The Weeknd - Heartless (#13)

#11. Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber - 10,000 Hours (#10)

#10. SHAED - Trampoline (#8)

#9. Arizona Zervas - Roxanne (#11)

#8. Lil Nas X - Panini (#6)

#7. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now (#9)

#6. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#5)

#5. Tones And I - Dance Monkey (#7)

#4. Maroon 5 - Memories (#4)

#3. Lizzo - Good As Hell (#3)

#2. Selena Gomez - Lose You To Love Me (#2)

#1. Post Malone - Circles (#1) [5th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (1st and only week at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so pleased to see the big jump from Zedd/Kehlani - Good Thing (+5) this week. Now, hopefully this should gain more airplay and get ion the Top 30 soon.

Taylor Swift - Lover (-5) does not deserve to be out of the Top 20. Though I do have a feeling this might be the end of it, but I'll just have to deal with it.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Halsey - You Should Be Sad: I pretty much went over my opinion on this one back when it debuted Hit Bound a couple weeks ago. It's such an amazing song and is actually better than Finally // Beautiful Stranger. And it actually feels like a country song, because it has some country elements in this one. Now, on to my opinion. The guitar in this one sounded absolutely amazing, Halsey's vocals were definitely heaven, and oh my gosh that chorus was definitely amazing! Let's see if this one does amazing on there.


Louis Tomlinson - We Made It: He finally made his return on there. Now, since Two Of Us and Kill My Mind didn't do so well on every pop radio chart, this song decided to have a chance to become popular. Now, this song was amazing. The instrumentation sounded pretty amazing, Louis's vocals sounded remarkable, and that chorus is what I fell in love with. Hopefully this one does great there.


The Weeknd - Blinding Lights: The best debut this week. This was definitely another amazing song. This was definitely a step up from Heartless. Now, on to my opinion. The production in this one sounded extremely amazing, the vocals sounded phenomenal, those lyrics are so remarkable, and that chorus was definitely heaven. Here's to hoping that it should do amazing on there.


Camila Cabello/DaBaby - My Oh My: What another amazing song. Not as good as Shameless or Liar, but it is still amazing. I've gone over my opinion last month. The production in this one sounded amazing, Camila's vocals are definitely heaven, the lyrics are what I'm a fan of, and that chorus sounded heaven. Though I do not like DaBaby's verse in this one. I much prefer the version as what Hits 1 plays. But overall, it was an amazing song. Let's see how this one does.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Tones And I - Dance Monkey: WHY DO WE NEED THIS SONG IN THERE?????!!!!! This does not deserve to be in the Top 5. I had enough of those obnoxious vocals in this one. I swear to god if this song hits #1, I will scream. I hope this doesn't happen.

4. Maroon 5 - Memories: I'm still waiting for this song to be in the Top 3. I'd like it to get more and more airplay and be on there. Hopefully this happens next week.

3. Lizzo - Good As Hell: I'm glad it's still in the Top 3. But I'm sure this song should leave the Top 3 within the next week or so. But we're gonna have to see.

2. Selena Gomez - Lose You To Love Me: I don't know why this song was still at that spot. Come on, this seriously needs to be at #1 next week. I'm sure hoping that happens.

1. Post Malone - Circles: I'm so mad that it's still at the top. Come on, I would like to see Lose You To Love Me to kick this song out of the top spot and be in there. Hopefully this happens next week.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Tones And I - Dance Monkey

19. Lil Nas X - Panini

18. Post Malone - Circles

17. Justin Bieber - Yummy


1 - Bad:

16. Arizona Zervas - Roxanne


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

15. Blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer

14. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted

13. Lizzo - Truth Hurts


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

12. Jonas Brothers - Only Human

11. The Weeknd - Heartless

10. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved

9. Lizzo - Good As Hell

8. Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber - 10,000 Hours

7. Maroon 5 - Memories

6. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now

5. Harry Styles - Adore You

4. Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B. - South Of The Border

3. Selena Gomez - Lose You To Love Me

2. Halsey - Graveyard


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. SHAED - Trampoline


Total Score: 71/100 = 71% (C-) [Mediocre]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023