AT40: Maroon 5 (1) Week Of February 22, 2020

Things are looking so interesting this week on here. One thing that was interesting is that we have another brand new #1 song on here. It's so nice to see something new at the top other than a song that has already been there before. So, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.

Zedd/Kehlani - Good Thing

Last Week's #1 Song: Selena Gomez - Lose You To Love Me
The Countdown:
#40. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (#39)
#39. Ant Saunders - Yellow Hearts (#40)
#38. Post Malone/Young Thug - Goodbyes (#37)
#37. Taylor Swift - The Man (DEBUT)
#36. Public - Make You Mine (#36)
#35. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care (#34)
#34. Lizzo - Cuz I Love You (#38)
#33. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - Senorita (#31)
#32. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go (#35)
#31. Ed Sheeran/Khalid - Beautiful People (#29)
#30. Alicia Keys - Underdog (#32)
#29. NF - Time (#27)
#28. Trevor Daniel - Falling (#33)
#27. BTS/Lauv - Make It Right (#28)
#26. Lizzo - Truth Hurts (#24)
#25. Travis Scott - Highest In The Room (#26)
#24. Black Eyed Peas/J. Balvin - RITMO (Bad Boys For Life) (#25)
#23. Jonas Brothers - Only Human (#22)
#22. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Teeth (#23)
#21. SHAED - Trampoline (#17)
#20. Halsey - You Should Be Sad (#21)
#19. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (#20)
#18. Lil Nas X - Panini (#15)
#17. Camila Cabello/DaBaby - My Oh My (#18)
#16. Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B. - South Of The Border (#16)
#15. Jonas Brothers - What A Man Gotta Do (#19)
#14. Justin Bieber - Yummy (#12)
#13. Harry Styles - Adore You (#13)
#12. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted (#14)
#11. Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber - 10,000 Hours (#9)
#10. The Weeknd - Heartless (#10)
#9. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#8)
#8. Blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer (#11)
#7. Lizzo - Good As Hell (#7)
#6. Tones And I - Dance Monkey (#5)
#5. Arizona Zervas - Roxanne (#6)
#4. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now (#4)
#3. Selena Gomez - Lose You To Love Me (#1)
#2. Post Malone - Circles (#3)
#1. Maroon 5 - Memories (#2) [1st Week At #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:

Halsey - Without Me (3 of 4 weeks at #1)

This Week's Mover and Shaker:

I'm so glad to see Trevor Daniel - Falling (+5) taking the biggest jump this week into the Top 30. What a week for him!
SHAED - Trampoline (-4) is unfortunately out of the Top 20. Though this is going to be the end of it. This was actually my #1 song of last year. And now it's time for me to find a new #1 song for me of the year. I'll have to keep discovering more new music and hopefully we have a song that's going to be my #1 song of this year.

New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:

Taylor Swift - The Man: I've gone over my opinion on this song several times before. It's such an amazing song and it's actually a step up from Paper Rings. Now, with this song, I really love the production on this one and Taylor's vocals sounded unstoppable. And other than that, I really enjoyed the chorus. Let's see if it'll do amazing on here.

My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:

5. Arizona Zervas - Roxanne: I'm not too happy to see it in there. It's not an awful song, I do not hate it, I just don't like it. Let's move on.
4. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now: I'm still waiting for this song to be in the Top 3. Hopefully the next week or so I'm right.
3. Selena Gomez - Lose You To Love Me: It dropped out of the top spot. It did had an amazing run on there. I'm not sure if it's going to be back at the top.
2. Post Malone - Circles: No, we don't need to see this song coming back to almost being at the top. We need to get this song out of here.
1. Maroon 5 - Memories: I'm so glad about this song at the top. Now, hopefully it'll block Circles for coming back to the top spot. Let's see how long it'll stay in there.

Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:

Selena Gomez - Rare
Chelsea Cutler - Sad Tonight
BROCKHAMPTON - SUGAR
Roddy Ricch - The Box
Doja Cat - Say So
Regard - Ride It

And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:

Jason Derulo - Want To Want Me
Bruno Mars - Locked Out Of Heaven
Justin Timberlake - Can't Stop The Feeling
Major Lazer/DJ Snake/MO - Lean On
Marshmello/Kane Brown - One Thing Right
Twenty One Pilots - Heathens
Niall Horan - Nice To Meet Ya
Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
Kesha/Big Freedia - Raising Hell
Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills

My Top 20 Review:
0 - Crap:
20. Tones And I - Dance Monkey
19. Lil Nas X - Panini
18. Post Malone - Circles
17. Justin Bieber - Yummy

1 - Bad:
16. Arizona Zervas - Roxanne

2 - Mediocre:
None

3 - Decent:
15. Blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer
14. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted

4 - Good:
None

5 - Great:
13. The Weeknd - Heartless
12. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved
11. Lizzo - Good As Hell
10. Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber - 10,000 Hours
9. Maroon 5 - Memories
8. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now
7. Camila Cabello/DaBaby - My Oh My
6. Harry Styles - Adore You
5. Jonas Brothers - What A Man Gotta Do
4. Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B. - South Of The Border
3. Halsey - You Should Be Sad
2. Selena Gomez - Lose You To Love Me

6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights

Total Score: 73/100 = 73% (C-) [Mediocre]

Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023