AT40: Post Malone (6) Week Of February 29, 2020

So this year is a leap year. And this day is the day that they celebrated. Every four years, we always celebrate this day. Anyway. Things are not looking very well on this week's countdown. And of course, that is not the best way to celebrate leap year. I'll get to that later. But for now, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


5 Seconds Of Summer - Teeth

BTS/Lauv - Make It Right

Post Malone/Young Thug - Goodbyes


Last Week's #1 Song: Maroon 5 - Memories

The Countdown:

#40. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (#40)

#39. Ant Saunders - Yellow Hearts (#39)

#38. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care (#35)

#37. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions (DEBUT)

#36. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - Senorita (#33)

#35. Public - Make You Mine (#36)

#34. Ed Sheeran/Khalid - Beautiful People (#31)

#33. Khalid/Disclosure - Know Your Worth (DEBUT)

#32. NF - Time (#29)

#31. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go (#32)

#30. Alicia Keys - Underdog (#30)

#29. Taylor Swift - The Man (#37)

#28. Travis Scott - Highest In The Room (#25)

#27. Lizzo - Truth Hurts (#26)

#26. Selena Gomez - Rare (DEBUT)

#25. Lizzo - Cuz I Love You (#34)

#24. Jonas Brothers - Only Human (#23)

#23. Trevor Daniel - Falling (#28)

#22. SHAED - Trampoline (#21)

#21. Black Eyed Peas/J. Balvin - RITMO (Bad Boys For Life) (#24)

#20. Lil Nas X - Panini (#18)

#19. Justin Bieber - Yummy (#14)

#18. Halsey - You Should Be Sad (#20)

#17. Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B. - South Of The Border (#16)

#16. Camila Cabello/DaBaby - My Oh My (#17)

#15. Jonas Brothers - What A Man Gotta Do (#15)

#14. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (#19)

#13. Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber - 10,000 Hours (#11)

#12. Harry Styles - Adore You (#13)

#11. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted (#12)

#10. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#9)

#9. Lizzo - Good As Hell (#7)

#8. The Weeknd - Heartless (#10)

#7. Tones And I - Dance Monkey (#6)

#6. Blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer (#8)

#5. Arizona Zervas - Roxanne (#5)

#4. Selena Gomez - Lose You To Love Me (#3)

#3. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now (#4)

#2. Maroon 5 - Memories (#1)

#1. Post Malone - Circles (#2) [6th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Halsey - Without Me (4th and final week at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm not happy to see Lizzo - Cuz I Love You (+9) in the Top 30. It's such a garbage song and I don't really want this to become a hit.

But what I am happy to see is that Justin Bieber - Yummy (-5) had the biggest drop this week. However, it's still in the Top 20. Now I'd like it to be out of the Top 20 next week. I'm sure hoping it happens.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions: I've gone through this song a couple weeks ago when it debuted Hit Bound. This is just a decent song. The production sounded decent, though Justin sounded awesome with his vocals. I'm not huge on Quavo's verse in this one, but the chorus in this one sounded fine. I don't mind seeing this become a hit.


Khalid/Disclosure - Know Your Worth: This is such a fantastic song and it's definitely a step up from Up All Night. Now, on to the song. The production in this one sounded fantastic, Khalid's vocals sounded absolutely amazing, the lyrics are fantastic, and that chorus sounded tremendous. Hopefully this becomes a big hit on here.


Selena Gomez - Rare: This was such an amazing song. Though it isn't as good as Lose You To Love Me, but still, it is amazing. Now, on to the song. The production in this one sounded awesome, Selena's vocals sounded amazing, those lyrics are absolutely amazing, and wow. That chorus really shines. L:et's see if this one does amazing on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Arizona Zervas - Roxanne: I really have no idea why it's still in there. It's just not a good song for me. I would like this song to be out of the Top 5 hopefully next week.

4. Selena Gomez - Lose You To Love Me: I wish this song would still be in the Top 3 this week. But it unfortunately dropped out of there. I don't think it'll ever going to be back in there, but we're gonna see.

3. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now: It has finally made it to the Top 3. Now, I'm sure hoping this song should be at the top spot soon.

2. Maroon 5 - Memories: It dropped out of the top spot. Though I do somehow would like to see it back at the top, but I'm not sure if it's going to happen.

1. Post Malone - Circles: The fact that this song is back at #1 makes me wanna scream. This does not deserve to be back at the top spot! This needs to drop out of the top spot, and we need to get another better song in there. I'm hoping that should happen next week.


Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:


Doja Cat - Say So

Chelsea Cutler - Sad Tonight

Roddy Ricch - The Box

Regard - Ride It

BROCKHAMPTON - SUGAR


And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:


The Chainsmokers/Daya - Don't Let Me Down

Drake - In My Feelings

Halsey - Graveyard

Why Don't We - What Am I

Khalid - Young, Dumb, & Broke

5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier

Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over

Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk

Sam Smith - How Do You Sleep?

Beyonce - Me, Myself & I

Camila Cabello/Young Thug - Havana


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Tones And I - Dance Monkey

19. Lil Nas X - Panini

18. Post Malone - Circles

17. Justin Bieber - Yummy


1 - Bad:

16. Arizona Zervas - Roxanne


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

15. Blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer

14. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

13. The Weeknd - Heartless

12. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved

11. Lizzo - Good As Hell

10. Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber - 10,000 Hours

9. Maroon 5 - Memories

8. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now

7. Camila Cabello/DaBaby - My Oh My

6. Harry Styles - Adore You

5. Jonas Brothers - What A Man Gotta Do

4. Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B. - South Of The Border

3. Halsey - You Should Be Sad

2. Selena Gomez - Lose You To Love Me


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights


Total Score: 73/100 = 73% (C-) [Mediocre]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. just found this, Nice countdown!! i love throwbacks like this so good job! - Daniel from Tucson

    P.S. feel free to give me suggestions on my blog if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023