AT40: Selena Gomez (2) Week Of February 15, 2020

Happy Valentine's Day weekend everyone! I hope everyone has bought a gift to someone. Though I have brought a nice gift to everyone. As far as the countdown goes, we are still in the Golden Ages of the countdown because of our #1 song. So, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Halsey - Graveyard

Sam Smith - How Do You Sleep?

Louis Tomlinson - We Made It

Khalid - Talk


Last Week's #1 Song: Selena Gomez - Lose You To Love Me

The Countdown:

#40. Ant Saunders - Yellow Hearts (DEBUT)

#39. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (#38)

#38. Lizzo - Cuz I Love You (DEBUT)

#37. Post Malone/Young Thug - Goodbyes (#36)

#36. Public - Make You Mine (DEBUT)

#35. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go (DEBUT)

#34. Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care (#32)

#33. Trevor Daniel - Falling (#39)

#32. Alicia Keys - Underdog (#35)

#31. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - Senorita (#29)

#30. Zedd/Kehlani - Good Thing (#30)

#29. Ed Sheeran/Khalid - Beautiful People (#27)

#28. BTS/Lauv - Make It Right (#33)

#27. NF - Time (#23)

#26. Travis Scott - Highest In The Room (#25)

#25. Black Eyed Peas/J. Balvin - RITMO (Bad Boys For Life) (#26)

#24. Lizzo - Truth Hurts (#19)

#23. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Teeth (#22)

#22. Jonas Brothers - Only Human (#17)

#21. Halsey - You Should Be Sad (#24)

#20. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (#21)

#19. Jonas Brothers - What A Man Gotta Do (#28)

#18. Camila Cabello/DaBaby - My Oh My (#20)

#17. SHAED - Trampoline (#13)

#16. Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B. - South Of The Border (#18)

#15. Lil Nas X - Panini (#9)

#14. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted (#15)

#13. Harry Styles - Adore You (#16)

#12. Justin Bieber - Yummy (#12)

#11. Blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer (#14)

#10. The Weeknd - Heartless (#11)

#9. Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber - 10,000 Hours (#10)

#8. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#7)

#7. Lizzo - Good As Hell (#4)

#6. Arizona Zervas - Roxanne (#8)

#5. Tones And I - Dance Monkey (#5)

#4. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now (#6)

#3. Post Malone - Circles (#2)

#2. Maroon 5 - Memories (#3)

#1. Selena Gomez - Lose You To Love Me (#1) [2nd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Halsey - Without Me (2 of 4 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so glad Jonas Brothers - What A Man Gotta Do (+9) has managed to be in the Top 20. Hopefully the Top 10 should be it's next stop.

The drop from Lil Nas X - Panini (-6) is what we wanted to see! I'm so pleased to see that. But the bad news is it's still in the Top 20, but I doubt it'll be out of here soon.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Ant Saunders - Yellow Hearts: This is just a decent song. There's nothing really interesting about this song. I'm not too fond on this guy's vocals, though the production actually sounded solid. Though the lyrics are decent. But overall it's just a decent song for me. It's just my opinion for now. I'm not sure if my opinion should change. Let's see how this one does on here.


Lizzo - Cuz I Love You: I've already gone over this song back when it debuted the countdown a couple weeks ago. This is not a good song at all. And this is actually the first song I've ever disliked from her. The production in this one is underwhelming, Lizzo's vocals do not sound good at all, and that chorus was total garbage. This better not do well on here.


Public - Make You Mine: The best debut this week. This song has actually been out since 2014. That was 6 years late since it actually made it there. I've gone over this one several months ago when it debuted the countdown. The instrumentation sounded amazing, the vocals are amazing, the lyrics are amazing, and that chorus sounded fantastic. Let's see if this one does amazing on there.


Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go: It's such an amazing song and is definitely a step up from Someone You Loved. The instrumentation in this one sounded remarkable, Lewis's vocals sounded absolutely amazing, the lyrics are what I'm a fan of, and that chorus sounded amazing. Here's to hoping that it should do awesome on here.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Tones And I - Dance Monkey: Oh boy... I have no idea why it's still in there! Come on, I don't really want to see it in the Top 3. This better get out of here next week.

4. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now: I'm so glad to see it debut the Top 5 on there. Now, hopefully it'll be at the top spot soon.

3. Post Malone - Circles: It's almost out of the Top 3! Now, this needs to be out of here next week and out of the Top 5. Let's see if it happens.

2. Maroon 5 - Memories: It's almost there! Though I'm not sure if it'll be at the top, but I'm sure hoping it'll happen soon.

1. Selena Gomez - Lose You To Love Me: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I'm so pleased that it's still in there. Hopefully it should stay there for a few more weeks longer.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Tones And I - Dance Monkey

19. Lil Nas X - Panini

18. Post Malone - Circles

17. Justin Bieber - Yummy


1 - Bad:

16. Arizona Zervas - Roxanne


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

15. Blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer

14. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

13. The Weeknd - Heartless

12. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved

11. Lizzo - Good As Hell

10. Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber - 10,000 Hours

9. Maroon 5 - Memories

8. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now

7. Camila Cabello/DaBaby - My Oh My

6. Harry Styles - Adore You

5. Jonas Brothers - What A Man Gotta Do

4. Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B. - South Of The Border

3. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights

2. Selena Gomez - Lose You To Love Me


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. SHAED - Trampoline


Total Score: 73/100 = 73% (C-) [Mediocre]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023