Post Malone (1) Week Of February 1, 2020

So the Super Bowl is this weekend. The San Francisco 49ers and the Kansas City Chiefs are playing in this one. I can't wait to watch it. I'm hoping the Chiefs should win this one. I also can't wait to see Jennifer Lopez and Shakira's halftime performance. Hopefully they perform one of their old songs on there. I'll have more information about the Super Bowl in my next countdown post. But for now, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Panic! At The Disco - Into The Unknown

Twenty One Pilots - The Hype

Alec Benjamin - If We Have Each Other

Halsey - Nightmare


Last Week's #1 Song: Niall Horan - Nice To Meet Ya

The Countdown:

#45. Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down (#41)

#44. Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - Senorita (#45)

#43. Lil Nas X - Panini (#43)

#42. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love (#35)

#41. Lizzo - Truth Hurts (#32)

#40. Rex Orange County - 10/10 (DEBUT)

#39. Justin Bieber - Yummy (#36)

#38. Tayla Parx/Florida Georgia Line - Fight (DEBUT)

#37. 88Rising/Joji/Jackson Wang/Swae Lee/Major Lazer - Walking (#40)

#36. Hot Chelle Rae - I Hate (Love) LA (#34)

#35. Blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer (#38)

#34. SHAED - Trampoline (#33)

#33. Charlie Puth - Mother (#15)

#32. Lizzo - Cuz I Love You (DEBUT)

#31. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (#29)

#30. Doja Cat - Say So (#30)

#29. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted (#27)

#28. Public - Make You Mine (#26)

#27. Why Don't We - What Am I (#22)

#26. Tones And I - Dance Monkey (#23)

#25. Louis Tomlinson - We Made It (#20)

#24. Kesha/Big Freedia - Raising Hell (#21)

#23. Taylor Swift - Lover (#18)

#22. Arizona Zervas - Roxanne (#19)

#21. Camila Cabello - My Oh My (#28)

#20. Fall Out Boy - Bob Dylan (#24)

#19. The Chainsmokers - Push My Luck (#25)

#18. Jonas Brothers - What A Man Gotta Do (DEBUT)

#17. OneRepublic - Wanted (#31)

#16. Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B. - South Of The Border (#17)

#15. Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber - 10,000 Hours (#13)

#14. Sam Smith - How Do You Sleep? (#12)

#13. Maroon 5 - Memories (#16)

#12. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now (#10)

#11. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier (#11)

#10. Halsey - Graveyard (#8)

#9. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#4)

#8. Lizzo - Good As Hell (#7)

#7. Ed Sheeran/Khalid - Beautiful People (#6)

#6. Harry Styles - Adore You (#5)

#5. Selena Gomez - Lose You To Love Me (#14)

#4. Jonas Brothers - Only Human (#3)

#3. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Teeth (#9)

#2. Niall Horan - Nice To Meet Ya (#1)

#1. Post Malone - Circles (#2) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Halsey - Without Me (4 of 5 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so glad to see OneRepublic - Wanted (+14) gain some airplay here. Now, hopefully it'll be in the Top 10 soon.

Charlie Puth - Mother (-18) has unfortunately dropped out of the Top 20. I wasn't too thrilled to see that. Hopefully it should move back up soon.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Rex Orange County - 10/10: Making his first appearance on the countdown this week. Now, before this song, I've been hearing Loving Is Easy with Benny Sings on Alt Nation a couple years ago. Now, on to the song. Not as good as Loving Is Easy, but it's still amazing. The production was amazing, the vocals are amazing, the chorus was amazing, everything on this song was amazing. So yeah, this song was definitely a 10/10. Let's see how this one does here.


Tayla Parx/Florida Georgia Line - Fight: I heard this song a lot on The Highway. It kinda reminds me of Meant To Be because it feels similar to me. Now, on to my opinion. The production sounded outstanding, Tayla's vocals shine throughout the entire song, Tyler Hubbard's vocals sounded absolutely awesome in his contribution, and that chorus was marvelous. I'm not sure if it's going to do well on here then the Highway Hot 30, but I'm sure hoping it does.


Lizzo - Cuz I Love You: I'm not sure what's going on with this song, but this song is such a garbage song. This is definitely an automatic step down from Good As Hell. The production here is underwhelming, Lizzo's vocals do not sound good at all, and that chorus was definitely garbage. So yeah. This is the first song I disliked from her. This better do poorly on here, because I'm definitely not feeling this song at all. NEXT!


Jonas Brothers - What A Man Gotta Do: The best countdown debut this week. This was definitely another amazing song. It's definitely a step up from Only Human. The upbeat vibe in this one is what I really enjoyed, the production in this one sounded outstanding, the vocals are amazing and the chorus was definitely remarkable. Hopefully this one does amazing on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Selena Gomez - Lose You To Love Me: Wow. This song took a big jump on there. I'm so pleased to see that. Now, hopefully this song goes to the top soon. She hasn't had a #1 song on here since late 2011/early 2012 with Love You Like A Love Song back when she was with The Scene. I'm sure hoping the wait should be over.

4. Jonas Brothers - Only Human: Well, this song is out of the Top 3. I really don't have anything to say about this one, but I do have a feeling this might be out of here soon.

3. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Teeth: Do we really need this song to be back in the Top 3?! No, decline the call! This does not deserve to be back in there! This needs to drop out of here and leave the countdown!!! I'm so tired of hearing this song!

2. Niall Horan - Nice To Meet Ya: It dropped out of the top spot. But it did had an amazing run at that spot. I do somehow would like to see this song back in there and let it tie the record. Though I don't know if it's going to happen, but we're gonna see.

1. Post Malone - Circles: Wait... I think I'm gonna... (Throws up) CURSE YOU HITS 1 FOR LETTING THIS SONG BE AT THE TOP!!!!!!!!!! I'm so mad to see this song in here. This is actually his first #1 song on here. You know what? This can't be!!! This better leave the top spot and let it keep dropping and LEAVE!!!!!! I had enough of him and his music!


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Alec Benjamin - Demons

2. Selena Gomez - Rare

3. X Lovers - Play Your Game

4. The Weeknd - Heartless

5. Taylor Swift - The Man (DEBUT)

6. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go

7. Khalid - Up All Night

8. Niall Horan - Put A Little Love On Me

9. Post Malone/Ozzy Osbourne/Travis Scott - Take What You Want

10. All Time Low - Some Kind Of Disaster

11. Zedd/Kehlani - Good Thing

12. Halsey - You Should Be Sad

13. Louis Tomlinson - Don't Let It Break Your Heart (DEBUT)

14. BTS/Lauv - Make It Right

15. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Taylor Swift - The Man: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. This song now debuts here replacing Paper Rings. But I gotta say, this song was actually better than Paper Rings, because this is also an amazing song. Now, on to my opinion. I really love the production and Taylor's vocals sounded unstoppable. The chorus in this one is what I really enjoyed. Let's see if this should be on the countdown soon.


Louis Tomlinson - Don't Let It Break Your Heart: What an awesome song. Not as good as We Made It, but it's still awesome overall. The instrumentation in this one sounded absolutely awesome, Louis's vocals sounded outstanding, I really love the lyrics, and that chorus was remarkable. Let's see if it'll make the countdown soon.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Post Malone - Circles

19. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Teeth


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

None


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

18. Jonas Brothers - Only Human

17. Sam Smith - How Do You Sleep?

16. The Chainsmokers - Push My Luck

15. Niall Horan - Nice To Meet Ya

14. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved

13. Lizzo - Good As Hell

12. Dan + Shay/Justin Bieber - 10,000 Hours

11. Maroon 5 - Memories

10. OneRepublic - Wanted

9. Fall Out Boy - Bob Dylan 

8. Ed Sheeran/Khalid - Beautiful People

7. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now

6. Harry Styles - Adore You

5. Jonas Brothers - What A Man Gotta Do

4. Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B. - South Of The Border

3. Selena Gomez - Lose You To Love Me

2. Halsey - Graveyard


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier


Total Score: 91/100 = 91% (A-) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023