AT40: Doja Cat (1) Week Of May 23, 2020

Things are looking so interesting here. Though we did get rid of a song that's probably going to be in my Top 10 Songs of the year. You know what, I'm actually sad to see that. But other than that, everything else looks okay. We do have another brand new decent #1 song on here. That's all I have to say about this one, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Lady Gaga - Stupid Love

Jonas Brothers - Only Human


Last Week's #1 Song: Camila Cabello/DaBaby - My Oh My

The Countdown:

#40. SHAED - Trampoline (#38)

#39. Bryce Vine - Baby Girl (DEBUT)

#38. Diplo/Morgan Wallen/Julia Michaels - Heartless (#39)

#37. Lizzo - Good As Hell (#35)

#36. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Old Me (#37)

#35. Noah Cyrus/Leon Bridges - July (#36)

#34. Marshmello/Halsey - Be Kind (DEBUT)

#33. Meghan Trainor/Nicki Minaj - Nice To Meet Ya (#34)

#32. Selena Gomez - Lose You To Love Me (#31)

#31. Future/Drake - Life Is Good (#32)

#30. Maroon 5 - Memories (#29)

#29. Sam Smith/Demi Lovato - I'm Ready (#33)

#28. Powfu/beabadoobee - Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head) (#30)

#27. Lauv - Modern Loneliness (#27)

#26. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#25)

#25. Twenty One Pilots - Level Of Concern (#26)

#24. Arizona Zervas - Roxanne (#22)

#23. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses (#28)

#22. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go (#24)

#21. The Weeknd - In Your Eyes (#23)

#20. The Weeknd - Heartless (#17)

#19. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely (#21)

#18. Surfaces - Sunday Best (#18)

#17. Maren Morris - The Bones (#20)

#16. Regard - Ride It (#16)

#15. Demi Lovato - I Love Me (#14)

#14. Drake - Toosie Slide (#15)

#13. Blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer (#11)

#12. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart (#13)

#11. Roddy Ricch - The Box (#12)

#10. Post Malone - Circles (#9)

#9. Trevor Daniel - Falling (#10)

#8. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted (#6)

#7. Black Eyed Peas/J. Balvin - RITMO (Bad Boys For Life) (#8)

#6. Harry Styles - Adore You (#5)

#5. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions (#7)

#4. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now (#4)

#3. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (#2)

#2. Camila Cabello/DaBaby - My Oh My (#1)

#1. Doja Cat - Say So (#3) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Jonas Brothers - Sucker (4 of 8 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm okay with Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses (+5) with the biggest jump this week. But however, if it goes to the Top 20, I'll still be fine.

The Weeknd - Heartless (-3) is officially going to be out of here. And yes, I do have a feeling that this is going to be the end of it.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Bryce Vine - Baby Girl: This is definitely mediocre. Though it's definitely way better than La La Land, but still not that great. Now, on to the song. The production in this one sounded okay, Bryce's vocals sounded meh, though I do like the lyrics. But other than that, the chorus in this one sounded okay. So yeah, overall it's meh. Let's see how this one does.


Marshmello/Halsey - Be Kind: This is the only great debut we have this week. Now, this is such a phenomenal EDM song and it's definitely a step up from Here With Me. The production in this one sounded so phenomenal, Halsey's vocals are so heavenly, the lyrics are nicely-written and definitely what I'm a fan of, and that chorus was absolutely phenomenal. Hopefully this one does phenomenal on here.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions: I'm fine with this song making it's debut on here. Now, if this goes to the top spot, I'll still give credit to this song.

4. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now: I'm still glad that it's still in there. I'm pretty sure this song might be out of there next week, but let's see what happens.

3. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights: I actually still want this song to stay in the Top 3. I don't really want this song to leave there. But I'm sure hoping it should happen.

2. Camila Cabello/DaBaby - My Oh My: It dropped out of the top spot. It did had a nice run on there. Though I don't think it's ever coming back there just like a lot of the other songs on there.

1. Doja Cat - Say So: I'm actually fine with this song at the top spot. It's just a decent song. Let's see how long it could stay in there.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Surfaces - Sunday Best

19. Post Malone - Circles


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

18. Black Eyed Peas/J. Balvin - RITMO (Bad Boys For Life)


3 - Decent:

17. Blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer

16. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions

15. Regard - Ride It

14. Roddy Ricch - The Box

13. Drake - Toosie Slide

12. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted

11. Doja Cat - Say So


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

10. The Weeknd - Heartless

9. Demi Lovato - I Love Me

8. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely

7. Trevor Daniel - Falling

6. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now

5. Camila Cabello/DaBaby - My Oh My

4. Maren Morris - The Bones

3. Harry Styles - Adore You

2. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights


Total Score: 74/100 = 74% (C) [Mediocre]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023