AT40: Harry Styles (2) Week Of April 25, 2020

So from what I heard on my local news this past week, the COVID-19 stay home order got extended to May 15. And I'm super mad about that. But that's basically how this goes, so I'm gonna have to deal with it. Anyway. There's not much I should say about this countdown, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Selena Gomez - Rare

Sam Smith - To Die For

Lizzo - Truth Hurts


Last Week's #1 Song: Harry Styles - Adore You

The Countdown:

#40. Noah Cyrus/Leon Bridges - July (#40)

#39. Khalid/Disclosure - Know Your Worth (#19)

#38. Meghan Trainor/Nicki Minaj - Nice To Meet Ya (#39)

#37. Jonas Brothers - Only Human (#36)

#36. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely (DEBUT)

#35. Drake - Toosie Slide (DEBUT)

#34. SHAED - Trampoline (#32)

#33. Future/Drake - Life Is Good (DEBUT)

#32. Lizzo - Good As Hell (#30)

#31. Surfaces - Sunday Best (#37)

#30. The Weeknd - In Your Eyes (#35)

#29. Lauv - Modern Loneliness (#33)

#28. BROCKHAMPTON - SUGAR (#29)

#27. Tones And I - Dance Monkey (#17)

#26. Maren Morris - The Bones (#28)

#25. Selena Gomez - Lose You To Love Me (#24)

#24. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go (#31)

#23. Regard - Ride It (#27)

#22. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#21)

#21. Taylor Swift - The Man (#22)

#20. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart (#34)

#19. SZA/Justin Timberlake - The Other Side (#18)

#18. Roddy Ricch - The Box (#20)

#17. Trevor Daniel - Falling (#23)

#16. Maroon 5 - Memories (#15)

#15. Demi Lovato - I Love Me (#16)

#14. Halsey - You Should Be Sad (#14)

#13. The Weeknd - Heartless (#11)

#12. Arizona Zervas - Roxanne (#10)

#11. Lady Gaga - Stupid Love (#13)

#10. Black Eyed Peas/J. Balvin - RITMO (Bad Boys For Life) (#12)

#9. Post Malone - Circles (#7)

#8. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions (#9)

#7. Doja Cat - Say So (#8)

#6. Blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer (#4)

#5. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted (#5)

#4. Camila Cabello/DaBaby - My Oh My (#6)

#3. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now (#2)

#2. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (#3)

#1. Harry Styles - Adore You (#1) [2nd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (5th and final week at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so pleased to see Dua Lipa - Break My Heart (+14) in the Top 20 and gain lots of airplay on the pop radio charts. What a week for her!

Khalid/Disclosure - Know Your Worth (-20) has dropped all the way to the Bottom 5 from the Top 20. I know it's because we've lost this song on Hit Bound.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely: This song actually came from TikTok, which I actually found very interesting. Now, this is an awesome bop for me to listen to. Now, I've gone over my opinion back when it debuted the countdown a few weeks ago. The production is so fun, Benee's vocals sounded spectacular, Gus's vocals sounded so awesome in his contribution, and that chorus was outstanding. Let's see how this one does on here.


Drake - Toosie Slide: This song actually hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100. Man, he must be having a lot of #1 hits on there. Now, as far as this new song goes, it's decent. The production in this one sounded decent, Drake's vocals sounded decent, the lyrics are decent, the chorus was decent, everything on this song was decent. Let's see how this one does on here.


Future/Drake - Life Is Good: This is also Drake's second appearance on here. But this is actually Future's song, not his. But I gotta say, this is also a decent song. Now, with my opinion, the production sounded decent, Future's rapping actually sounded fine here, and Drake actually sounded great here. And the chorus is actually fine. Let's see how this one does on here.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted: I'm still fine with this song still holding that spot. I do have a feeling this might be in the Top 3 soon.

4. Camila Cabello/DaBaby - My Oh My: It debuted the Top 5 this week. I'm so pleased to see that. Hopefully it'll be in the the Top 3 soon.

3. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now: I guarantee that this song is going to be out of the Top 3 next week. But let's see if it'll stay in the Top 3 next week.

2. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights: It's almost there! Now hopefully this song should be at the top spot next week.

1. Harry Styles - Adore You: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I'm so pleased that it's still there. Though I do prefer another song to be in there next week, but let's see how long it could stay in there even more.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Post Malone - Circles


1 - Bad:

19. Arizona Zervas - Roxanne


2 - Mediocre:

18. Black Eyed Peas/J. Balvin - RITMO (Bad Boys For Life)


3 - Decent:

17. Blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer

16. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions

15. Roddy Ricch - The Box

14. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted

13. Doja Cat - Say So


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

12. The Weeknd - Heartless

11. Maroon 5 - Memories

10. Demi Lovato - I Love Me

9. Trevor Daniel - Falling

8. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now

7. Camila Cabello/DaBaby - My Oh My

6. Harry Styles - Adore You

5. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart

4. Halsey - You Should Be Sad

3. SZA/Justin Timberlake - The Other Side

2. Lady Gaga - Stupid Love


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights


Total Score: 79/100 = 79% (C+) [Decent]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023