AT40: The Weeknd (1) Week Of May 2, 2020

So the month of May is now officially upon us! Let's hope everyone's been staying at home this month. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, it looks super amazing. We have now officially entered the Golden Ages of the countdown. That's the best way to begin the new month! Other than that, I don't have anything else to say, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Halsey  - You Should Be Sad

Khalid/Disclosure - Know Your Worth


Last Week's #1 Song: Harry Styles - Adore You

The Countdown:

#40. Ali Gatie - What If I Told You That I Loved You (DEBUT)

#39. Noah Cyrus/Leon Bridges - July (#40)

#38. Jonas Brothers - Only Human (#37)

#37. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses (DEBUT)

#36. Meghan Trainor/Nicki Minaj - Nice To Meet Ya (#38)

#35. SHAED - Trampoline (#34)

#34. BROCKHAMPTON - SUGAR (#28)

#33. Lizzo - Good As Hell (#32)

#32. Future/Drake - Life Is Good (#32)

#31. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely (#36)

#30. Tones And I - Dance Monkey (#27)

#29. Lauv - Modern Loneliness (#29)

#28. Selena Gomez - Lose You To Love Me (#25)

#27. The Weeknd - In Your Eyes (#30)

#26. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go (#24)

#25. Surfaces - Sunday Best (#31)

#24. Maren Morris - The Bones (#26)

#23. Drake - Toosie Slide (#35)

#22. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#22)

#21. Taylor Swift - The Man (#21)

#20. SZA/Justin Timberlake - The Other Side (#19)

#19. Regard - Ride It (#23)

#18. Maroon 5 - Memories (#16)

#17. Arizona Zervas - Roxanne (#12)

#16. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart (#20)

#15. The Weeknd - Heartless (#13)

#14. Roddy Ricch - The Box (#18)

#13. Demi Lovato - I Love Me (#15)

#12. Trevor Daniel - Falling (#17)

#11. Lady Gaga - Stupid Love (#11)

#10. Black Eyed Peas/J. Balvin - RITMO (Bad Boys For Life) (#10)

#9. Post Malone - Circles (#9)

#8. Blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer (#6)

#7. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions (#8)

#6. Doja Cat - Say So (#7)

#5. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted (#5)

#4. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now (#3)

#3. Camila Cabello/DaBaby - My Oh My (#4)

#2. Harry Styles - Adore You (#1)

#1. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (#2) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Jonas Brothers - Sucker (1 of 8 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm okay with Drake - Toosie Slide (+12) in the Top 30. It's just a decent song. Now let's see if it'll be in the Top 20 soon.

I'm not too thrilled about the big drop this week from BROCKHAMPTON - SUGAR (-6). Though it might be the end of it.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Ali Gatie - What If I Told You That I Loved You: It's definitely an amazing song. After I heard this song for the first time, I've actually found out that she's yet to be another talented singer. Now, on to the song. The production in this one sounded spectacular, Ali's vocals are definitely amazing, and that chorus was absolutely heavenly. Hopefully this one becomes a hit on here.


Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses: This is just a mediocre song. There's nothing really interesting about this song. The original version doesn't really sound good, but this remix is actually a little better, but still not that great. Now, on to my opinion. I'm not really huge on Saint Jhn's vocals, but the production is fine. Not only that, the chorus in this one sounded okay. I'll be fine if this one actually becomes a hit on here. Let's see how this one does.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted: Wow. This song has really been staying at that spot for weeks. Though I'm still fine with that.

4. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now: It dropped out of the Top 3. Somehow I totally knew it was actually going to happen.

3. Camila Cabello/DaBaby - My Oh My: I'm so pleased to see this song in the Top 3. Now, let's see if it'll be at the top spot soon.

2. Harry Styles - Adore You: It dropped out of the top spot. Though it did had a nice run on here. I wish it would've stayed in there even more because of what just happened on the Hits 1 Weekend Countdown, but I guess not.

1. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights: I'm super pleased that it's in there. Now, I'm sure hoping that it should stay in there for a little while longer at the very least.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Post Malone - Circles


1 - Bad:

19. Arizona Zervas - Roxanne


2 - Mediocre:

18. Black Eyed Peas/J. Balvin - RITMO (Bad Boys For Life)


3 - Decent:

17. Blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer

16. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions

15. Regard - Ride It

14. Roddy Ricch - The Box

13. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted

12. Doja Cat - Say So


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

11. The Weeknd - Heartless

10. Maroon 5 - Memories

9. Demi Lovato - I Love Me

8. Trevor Daniel - Falling

7. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now

6. Camila Cabello/DaBaby - My Oh My

5. Harry Styles - Adore You

4. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart

3. SZA/Justin Timberlake - The Other Side

2. Lady Gaga - Stupid Love


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (+2 extra points for being #1)


Total Score: 79/100 = 79% (C+) [Decent]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023