AT40: The Weeknd (2) Week Of May 9, 2020

So the stay home order in my local area got extended again to May 28. I'm super mad at the governor for doing that. Man, what am I going to do now? Anyway. Though we're still in the Golden Ages of the countdown, which'll actually make me feel better. So, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


SZA/Justin Timberlake - The Other Side

Taylor Swift - The Man

BROCKHAMPTON - SUGAR


Last Week's #1 Song: The Weeknd - Blinding Lights

The Countdown:

#40. Jonas Brothers - Only Human (#38)

#39. Ali Gatie - What If I Told You That I Loved You (#40)

#38. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Old Me (DEBUT)

#37. SHAED - Trampoline (#35)

#36. Noah Cyrus/Leon Bridges - July (#39)

#35. Meghan Trainor/Nicki Minaj - Nice To Meet Ya (#36)

#34. Lizzo - Good As Hell (#33)

#33. Powfu/beabadoobee - Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head) (DEBUT)

#32. Future/Drake - Life Is Good (#32)

#31. Tones And I - Dance Monkey (#30)

#30. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses (#37)

#29. Selena Gomez - Lose You To Love Me (#28)

#28. Lauv - Modern Loneliness (#29)

#27. Twenty One Pilots - Level Of Concern (DEBUT)

#26. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely (#31)

#25. The Weeknd - In Your Eyes (#27)

#24. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go (#26)

#23. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#22)

#22. Maren Morris - The Bones (#24)

#21. Surfaces - Sunday Best (#25)

#20. Maroon 5 - Memories (#18)

#19. Drake - Toosie Slide (#23)

#18. Arizona Zervas - Roxanne (#17)

#17. Regard - Ride It (#19)

#16. The Weeknd - Heartless (#15)

#15. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart (#16)

#14. Demi Lovato - I Love Me (#13)

#13. Roddy Ricch - The Box (#14)

#12. Trevor Daniel - Falling (#12)

#11. Lady Gaga - Stupid Love (#11)

#10. Black Eyed Peas/J. Balvin - RITMO (Bad Boys For Life) (#10)

#9. Blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer (#8)

#8. Post Malone - Circles (#9)

#7. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions (#7)

#6. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted (#5)

#5. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now (#4)

#4. Harry Styles - Adore You (#2)

#3. Doja Cat - Say So (#6)

#2. Camila Cabello/DaBaby - My Oh My (#3)

#1. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (#1)  [2nd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Jonas Brothers - Sucker (2 of 8 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm fine with Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses (+7) with the biggest jump this week into the Top 30. It's just a mediocre song for me.

It's crazy that we have 4 songs tying for the biggest drop this week. That of course were Jonas Brothers - Only Human, SHAED - Trampoline, Maroon 5 - Memories and Harry Styles - Adore You (-2). But it's actually a short drop.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


5 Seconds Of Summer - Old Me: It's such a phenomenal song. But definitely not as good as Easier, but it's still phenomenal. I've already gone over my opinion on this one back when it debuted the countdown last month. The production in this one sounded so phenomenal, the vocals are absolutely phenomenal, the lyrics are phenomenal, the chorus was extremely phenomenal, everything on this song was phenomenal. Hopefully it'll do amazing on here.


Powfu/beabadoobee - Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head): I really have no idea what's going on with this song, but that song was a total piece of trash! Back when I first heard this song on Alt Nation, it was insanely awful. This has got to be one of the worst songs Alt Nation has ever picked up. Now, on to my opinion. The production in this one was insanely awful, Powfu's rapping sounded egregious, and my god I cannot stand those backup vocals in the chorus and even in the ENTIRE SONG!!!!!!!!!! But really those backup vocals are what ruined the song. This is definitely going to be in my Bottom 10 Songs of the year. I'm sure hoping it should do poorly on here because I don't really want to hear more of this one. NEXT!


Twenty One Pilots - Level Of Concern: I've also heard this song on Alt Nation, and this one was definitely a much better song than the previous one which I've already explained. It's definitely an amazing song. Now, with my opinion, the instrumentation and the production both sounded amazing, Tyler's vocals are remarkable, the lyrics are what I'm a fan of, and the chorus was absolutely amazing. Let's see how this one does.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now: I have a feeling that this might be out of the Top 5 next week. But we're gonna have to see if it does or not.

4. Harry Styles - Adore You: Well, it dropped out of the Top 3. I know it's about to be out of here because of that biggest drop last week on the Hits 1 Weekend Countdown. But I'm sure hoping that it should stay in the Top 5 for a little bit longer.

3. Doja Cat - Say So: It debuted the Top 5 this week. I'm actually fine with that, however, if it goes to the top spot, I'll still give credit to this song.

2. Camila Cabello/DaBaby - My Oh My: It's almost there! Now, I'm sure hoping that it should be at the top spot soon.

1. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I'm super pleased that it's still there. Now, let's see how long it could stay in there even more.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Post Malone - Circles


1 - Bad:

19. Arizona Zervas - Roxanne


2 - Mediocre:

18. Black Eyed Peas/J. Balvin - RITMO (Bad Boys For Life)


3 - Decent:

17. Blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer

16. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions

15. Regard - Ride It

14. Roddy Ricch - The Box

13. Drake - Toosie Slide

12. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted

11. Doja Cat - Say So


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

10. The Weeknd - Heartless

9. Maroon 5 - Memories

8. Demi Lovato - I Love Me

7. Trevor Daniel - Falling

6. Dua Lipa - Don't Stary Now

5. Camila Cabello/DaBaby - My Oh My

4. Harry Styles - Adore You

3. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart

2. Lady Gaga - Stupid Love


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (+2 extra points for being #1)


Total Score: 77/100 = 77% (C) [Decent]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023