The Weeknd (1) Week Of April 25, 2020

So again the stay home order in my local area got extended to May 15, and I'm super mad that I saw that. But I'm just gonna have to deal with it. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, it looks so amazing. We are officially in the Golden Ages of the countdown because we have a brand new #1 song on here which definitely was inspired by me. I'll get to that later, but for now, let's get to it! Jimmy Fallon from the Tonight Show guest-hosted the weekend countdown this week. I thought he did a nice job on doing that. Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


The Weeknd - Heartless

Fall Out Boy - Bob Dylan

Selena Gomez - Lose You To Love Me


Last Week's #1 Song: Harry Styles - Adore You

The Countdown:

#45. Ed Sheeran/Khalid - Beautiful People (#44)

#44. Lizzo - Good As Hell (#45)

#43. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#40)

#42. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier (#38)

#41. Tones And I - Dance Monkey (#41)

#40. Jonas Brothers - Only Human (#36)

#39. Black Eyed Peas/J. Balvin - RITMO (Bad Boys For Life) (#39)

#38. All Time Low - Some Kind Of Disaster (#28)

#37. Surfaces - Sunday Best (#35)

#36. Halsey - Graveyard (#34)

#35. The Weeknd - In Your Eyes (DEBUT)

#34. Alec Benjamin - Oh My God (DEBUT)

#33. Arizona Zervas - Roxanne (#31)

#32. Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B. - South Of The Border (#32)

#31. Powfu/beabadoobee - Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head) (#33)

#30. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart (DEBUT)

#29. Lauv - Modern Loneliness(#29)

#28. Ashe - Moral Of The Story (#23)

#27. Post Malone - Circles (#24)

#26. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely (#25)

#25. Blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer (#13) 

#24. Twenty One Pilots - Level Of Concern (#30)

#23. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Teeth (#18)

#22. Kelsea Ballerini/Halsey - The Other Girl (#19)

#21. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions (#22)

#20. SZA/Justin Timberlake - The Other Side (#27)

#19. Niall Horan - Nice To Meet Ya (#15)

#18. Demi Lovato - I Love Me (#21)

#17. Blackbear - Me & Ur Ghost (#20)

#16. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted (#14)

#15. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Old Me (#26)

#14. JP Saxe/Julia Michaels - If The World Was Ending (#16)

#13. Lady Gaga - Stupid Love (#12)

#12. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar (#11)

#11. Halsey - You Should Be Sad (#6)

#10. Jonas Brothers - What A Man Gotta Do (#4)

#9. Doja Cat - Say So (#17)

#8. Conan Gray - Maniac (#9)

#7. Taylor Swift - The Man (#8)

#6. Niall Horan - No Judgement (#7)

#5. Camila Cabello - My Oh My (#10)

#4. Harry Styles - Adore You (#1)

#3. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now (#3)

#2. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go (#5)

#1. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (#2) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Jonas Brothers - Sucker (5 of 13 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so glad to see 5 Seconds Of Summer - Old Me (+11) in the Top 20. Now hopefully it'll be in the Top 10 very soon.

I'm actually fine with Blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer (-12) having the biggest drop this week. I'll give credit to that.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


The Weeknd - In Your Eyes: It's such an amazing song. Though definitely not as good as Blinding Lights, but it's still amazing. The production in this one is what I really enjoyed, the vocals shine throughout the entire song, the lyrics are marvelous, and that chorus sounded absolutely amazing. Hopefully this one does amazing on here.


Alec Benjamin - Oh My God: This song is just mediocre. Wow, he sure has been making a lot of mediocre music recently because I'm not huge on his childish voice. Now, on to the song. The production actually sounded great, and the lyrics are also great. But my concern is his voice. But other than that, the chorus sounded fine. Let's see how this one does.


Dua Lipa - Break My Heart: The best countdown debut this week. This was definitely by far Dua's best song. It's such an amazing song and it's definitely a huge step up from Don't Start Now. The production in this one sounded super amazing, Dua's vocals sounded phenomenal, those lyrics are very well-written, and that chorus was definitely what I really enjoyed. Hopefully this one does amazing on here.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Camila Cabello - My Oh My: It debuted the Top 5 this week. I'm so pleased that it did that. I'm sure hoping that it should be in the Top 3 soon.

4. Harry Styles - Adore You: It dropped out of the top spot. At first I thought it was going to stay in the top spot this week but it didn't. But it did had a super amazing run on here.

3. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now: At least it's still in there. I do have a feeling that it's going to drop out of here within the next week or so.

2. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go: It's almost at the top spot. Can it be his 2nd #1 song on here? I guess we're gonna have to find out.

1. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights: I'm super pleased to see this song at the top spot. This was actually their first #1 song since Can't Feel My Face back in 2015. Now, I'm sure hoping that it should stay in there for a little while longer at the very least.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Tones And I - Bad Child

2. Alesso/Liam Payne - Midnight (DEBUT)

3. Pink Sweat$ - 17

4. Sam Smith/Demi Lovato - I'm Ready (DEBUT)

5. Trevor Daniel - Falling

6. Cheap Cuts/Pete Wentz - Check Your Phone (DEBUT)

7. Alec Benjamin - Six Feet Apart

8. 24kgoldn - City Of Angels

9. Selena Gomez - Boyfriend (DEBUT)

10. Drake - Toosie Slide

11. Major Lazer/Marcus Mumford - Lay Your Head On Me

12. Meghan Trainor/Nicki Minaj - Nice To Meet Ya

13. Monsta X - You Can't Hold My Heart

14. BROCKHAMPTON - SUGAR

15. Regard - Ride It


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Alesso/Liam Payne - Midnight: It's been a while since we last heard from him. And now's he's back. Now, this is such an amazing song. The guitars in this one sounded so amazing, the production sounded absolutely spectacular, Liam's vocals sounded absolutely amazing, the chorus sounded super fantastic, and the drop was so phenomenal. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Sam Smith/Demi Lovato - I'm Ready: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. It's definitely a heavenly song (yes I do say heaven a lot, but the word is actually heavenly). The production in this one sounded absolutely heavenly, Sam's vocals sounded heavenly, Demi's vocals sounded heavenly in her contribution, and wow. That chorus was super heavenly. This is going to be in my Top 10 songs of the year when it debuts the countdown. I'm sure hoping it does.


Cheap Cuts/Pete Wentz - Check Your Phone: What an amazing song. Though I didn't know another Fall Out Boy member could actually sing in here at first. As far as the song goes, the production sounded outstanding, Pete's vocals sounded so amazing, those lyrics are nicely-written, and I enjoyed the chorus. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Selena Gomez - Boyfriend: Since Lose You To Love Me left the countdown, this song now debuts here. Now, this was such an outstanding song and it's definitely a step up from Rare. The production is what I really enjoyed, Selena's vocals are absolutely outstanding, I'm a fan of the lyrics, and I stand for the chorus. Hopefully it should be on the countdown soon.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

None


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

20. Blackbear - Me & Ur Ghost


3 - Decent:

19. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted

18. Doja Cat - Say So


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

17. JP Saxe/Julia Michaels - If The World Was Ending

16. Niall Horan - Nice To Meet Ya

15. Demi Lovato - I Love Me

14. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now

13. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

12. Camila Cabello - My Oh My

11. Taylor Swift - The Man

10. Harry Styles - Adore You

9. Niall Horan - No Judgement

8. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Old Me

7. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go

6. Jonas Brothers - What A Man Gotta Do

5. Halsey - You Should Be Sad

4. Conan Gray - Maniac

3. SZA/Justin Timberlake - The Other Side

2. Lady Gaga - Stupid Love


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (+2 extra points for being #1)


Total Score: 96/100 = 96% (A+) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023