The Weeknd (2) Week Of May 2, 2020

So we are now officially in the month of May. I'm sure hoping everybody has been staying safe at home recently. As far as the countdown goes this week, we are still in the Golden Ages of the countdown, which was definitely amazing. So, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


SZA/Justin Timberlake - The Other Side

All Time Low - Some Kind Of Disaster

5 Seconds Of Summer - Easier

Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved

Ed Sheeran/Khalid - Beautiful People


Last Week's #1 Song: The Weeknd - Blinding Lights

The Countdown:

#45. Tones And I - Dance Monkey (#41)

#44. Jonas Brothers - Only Human (#40)

#43. Lizzo - Good As Hell (#44)

#42. Regard - Ride It (DEBUT)

#41. Halsey - Graveyard (#36)

#40. Arizona Zervas - Roxanne (#33)

#39. Maren Morris - The Bones (DEBUT)

#38. Black Eyed Peas/J. Balvin - RITMO (Bad Boys For Life) (#39)

#37. Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B. - South Of The Border (#32)

#36. 24kgoldn - City Of Angels (DEBUT)

#35. Ashe - Moral Of The Story (#28)

#34. Trevor Daniel - Falling (RE-ENTRY)

#33. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Teeth (#23)

#32. Powfu/beabadoobee - Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head) (#31)

#31. Alesso/Liam Payne - Midnight (DEBUT)

#30. Blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer (#25)

#29. Alec Benjamin - Oh My God (#34)

#28. Post Malone - Circles (#27)

#27. Niall Horan - Nice To Meet Ya (#19)

#26. The Weeknd - In Your Eyes (#35)

#25. Twenty One Pilots - Level Of Concern (#24)

#24. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions (#21)

#23. Kelsea Ballerini/Halsey - The Other Girl (#22)

#22. Blackbear - Me & Ur Ghost (#17)

#21. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted (#16)

#20. Surfaces - Sunday Best (#37) [.........]

#19. Halsey - You Should Be Sad (#11)

#18. Lauv - Modern Loneliness (#29)

#17. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely (#26)

#16. Harry Styles - Adore You (#4)

#15. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart (#30)

#14. Jonas Brothers - What A Man Gotta Do (#10)

#13. Demi Lovato - I Love Me (#18)

#12. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Old Me (#15)

#11. Taylor Swift - The Man (#7)

#10. JP Saxe/Julia Michaels - If The World Was Ending (#14)

#9. Lady Gaga - Stupid Love (#13)

#8. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar (#12)

#7. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now (#3)

#6. Niall Horan - No Judgement (#6)

#5. Camila Cabello - My Oh My (#5)

#4. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go (#2)

#3. Doja Cat - Say So (#9)

#2. Conan Gray - Maniac (#8)

#1. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (#1) [2nd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Jonas Brothers - Sucker (6 of 13 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so mad about Surfaces - Sunday Best (+17) having the biggest jump this week into the Top 20. Not cool, Hits 1. Not cool at all!

Not only that, Harry Styles - Adore You (-12) has managed to have the biggest drop this week all the way out of the Top 10 from the Top 5. I didn't actually see that one coming!


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Regard - Ride It: This was actually the cover of the Jay Sean song. Though the song is actually decent. There's nothing really interesting about this song. I'm not really huge on his vocals, but the production here was actually nice. And the chorus in this one was decent. So yeah, overall it's a decent song. I actually prefer the original song over this one. Let's see how this one does.


Maren Morris - The Bones: The best countdown entrant this week. I've been hearing this song a lot on The Highway. Now, this was such an amazing song. The instrumentation in this one sounded amazing, the production also sounded amazing, Maren's vocals sounded phenomenal, and that chorus sounded so amazing. Here's to hoping that it should do even better on here than the Highway Hot 30.


24kgoldn - City Of Angels: I really have no idea what's going on with this song, but this song is definitely garbage. I found this guy yet to be another terrible singer back when I actually first listened to it. Now, the production in this one sounded terrible, his vocals sounded awful, and my god that chorus sounded insanely awful. I'm sure hoping this one does poorly on this countdown, because I really had enough of this song. NEXT!


Trevor Daniel - Falling: It re-entered the countdown this week. I'm sure this should actually have a second chance to do amazing on here because of how well it's doing on the AT40. I'm sure hoping it happens.


Alesso/Liam Payne - Midnight: He finally made his return on the countdown this week. Now, it's such an amazing EDM song. The guitars in this one sounded amazing, the production sounded absolutely spectacular, Liam's vocals were absolutely amazing, that chorus sounded super fantastic, and that drop was so phenomenal. Here's to hoping that it should do amazing on here.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Camila Cabello - My Oh My: I'm still waiting for this song to be in the Top 3. Hopefully it should be in there next week.

4. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go: I actually want this song to get back in the Top 3. So hopefully this happens very soon.

3. Doja Cat - Say So: It debuted the Top 5 this week. I'm actually fine with that, because it's just a decent song. Though I'll still be fine if this goes to the top spot.

2. Conan Gray - Maniac: It also debuted the Top 5 this week all the way almost at the top spot. But can it be his first #1 song on here? We're gonna have to see.

1. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I'm super pleased that it's still in there. Now I'd like it to stay in that spot even more.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Marshmello/Halsey - Be Kind (DEBUT)

2. AJR - Bang! (DEBUT)

3. Lil Mosey - Blueberry Faygo (DEBUT)

4. Major Lazer/Marcus Mumford - Lay Your Head On Me

5. Jackson Wang - 100 Ways (DEBUT)

6. Alec Benjamin - Six Feet Apart

7. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses (DEBUT)

8. The 1975 - If You're Too Shy (Let Me Know) (DEBUT)

9. Pink Sweat$ - 17

10. Ava Max - Kings & Queens (DEBUT)

11. Tones And I - Bad Child

12. Cheap Cuts/Pete Wentz - Check Your Phone

13. Selena Gomez - Boyfriend

14. Meghan Trainor/Nicki Minaj - Nice To Meet Ya

15. Drake - Toosie Slide

16. Sam Smith/Demi Lovato - I'm Ready


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Marshmello/Halsey - Be Kind: It's such a phenomenal song. Now, this song was definitely a step up from Here With Me. The production in this one sounded so phenomenal, Halsey's vocals sounded so heavenly, those lyrics are definitely what I'm a fan of and nicely-written, and that chorus sounded absolutely phenomenal. Hopefully it'll be on the countdown soon.


AJR - Bang!: I heard this song a lot on Alt Nation. This is definitely an amazing song and it's definitely their best song ever. Now, on to the song. The production in this one sounded amazing, their vocals sounded amazing, the lyrics are amazing, the chorus was amazing, everything on this song was amazing. I'm sure hoping that it should be on the countdown very soon.


Lil Mosey - Blueberry Faygo: It's such an outstanding song. This was actually his biggest hit after that XXL Freshman cypher, which I actually found interesting. Now, on to the song. The production here is so catchy, Mosey's vocals sounded outstanding, and that chorus sounded absolutely amazing. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Jackson Wang - 100 Ways: I really have no idea what's going on with this song, but this song is not good at all. I know he was a decent singer back in Walking, but this new song does not fit for him. The production in this one was actually strange and Jackson's vocals don't sound good. And that chorus in this one was actually boring. Hopefully this one doesn't get on the countdown.


Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses: This is just a mediocre song. There isn't really interesting about this song. Though this version is actually better than the original one, but not quite great. Now, I've gone over my opinion on this song back when it debuted the AT40 this week. The production here sounded fine, but I'm not really huge on Saint Jhn's vocals. Though the chorus sounded okay. I'll be fine if it debuts the countdown soon. Let's see if it does.


The 1975 - If You're Too Shy (Let Me Know): Does anyone remember this band? It's been so long since we last heard from them. The last song we heard from them on here was The Sound, which was actually one of my favorites back in 2016. And now they're back. Now, I've heard this song on Alt Nation and it was an amazing song. The instrumentation and the production both sounded amazing, the vocals sounded fantastic, and the chorus really shines. Hopefully it should be on the countdown soon.


Ava Max - Kings & Queens: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. I know I really love her voice, because she has been an extremely talented singer because last year when Sweet But Psycho was on there, it was in my Top 10 Songs of The Year, landing as my #6 song. As far as this new song goes, this is definitely pretty heavenly and is on the same level as Sweet But Psycho. The production was pretty heavenly, Ava's vocals sounded pretty heavenly, those lyrics are pretty heavenly, the chorus was pretty heavenly, everything on this song was pretty heavenly. This is also going to be in my Top 10 Songs of the year when it debuts the countdown. Here's to hoping that it should soon.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Surfaces - Sunday Best


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

19. Doja Cat - Say So


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

18. JP Saxe/Julia Michaels - If The World Was Ending

17. Demi Lovato - I Love Me

16. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely

15. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now

14. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

13. Camila Cabello - My Oh My

12. Taylor Swift - The Man

11. Harry Styles - Adore You

10. Niall Horan - No Judgement

9. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Old Me

8. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go

7. Lauv - Modern Loneliness

6. Jonas Brothers - What A Man Gotta Do

5. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart

4. Halsey - You Should Be Sad

3. Conan Gray - Maniac

2. Lady Gaga - Stupid Love


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (+2 extra points for being #1)


Total Score: 96/100 = 96% (A) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023