The Weeknd (3) Week Of May 9, 2020

So again when I was watching the news this past week, I found out that the stay home order got extended again to May 28. And I'm super mad about that happening again. But again I'm gonna have to deal with it. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, it still looks amazing. So, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Ashe - Moral Of The Story

Lizzo - Good As Hell


Last Week's #1 Song: The Weeknd - Blinding Lights

The Countdown:

#45. Jonas Brothers - Only Human (#44)

#44. Tones And I - Dance Monkey (#45)

#43. Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B. - South Of The Border (#37)

#42. Arizona Zervas - Roxanne (#40)

#41. Halsey - Graveyard (#41)

#40. Blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer (#30)

#39. Maren Morris - The Bones (#39)

#38. Regard - Ride It (#42)

#37. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Teeth (#33)

#36. Black Eyed Peas/J. Balvin - RITMO (Bad Boys For Life) (#38)

#35. Niall Horan - Nice To Meet Ya (#27)

#34. 24kgoldn - City Of Angels (#36)

#33. Kelsea Ballerini/Halsey - The Other Girl (#23)

#32. Powfu/beabadoobee - Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head) (#32)

#31. Sam Smith/Demi Lovato - I'm Ready (DEBUT)

#30. Trevor Daniel - Falling (#34)

#29. Alesso/Liam Payne - Midnight (#31)

#28. Post Malone - Circles (#28)

#27. Alec Benjamin - Oh My God (#29)

#26. Blackbear - Me & Ur Ghost (#22)

#25. Marshmello/Halsey - Be Kind (DEBUT)

#24. Harry Styles - Adore You (#16)

#23. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted (#21)

#22. Jonas Brothers - What A Man Gotta Do (#14)

#21. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely (#17)

#20. Lauv - Modern Loneliness (#18)

#19. The Weeknd - In Your Eyes (#26)

#18. Halsey - You Should Be Sad (#19)

#17. Taylor Swift - The Man (#11)

#16. Twenty One Pilots - Level Of Concern (#25)

#15. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions (#24)

#14. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart (#15)

#13. Surfaces - Sunday Best (#20)

#12. JP Saxe/Julia Michaels - If The World Was Ending (#10)

#11. Demi Lovato - I Love Me (#13)

#10. Conan Gray - Maniac (#2)

#9. Lady Gaga - Stupid Love (#9)

#8. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Old Me (#12)

#7. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now (#7)

#6. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar (#8)

#5. Camila Cabello - My Oh My (#5)

#4. Niall Horan - No Judgement (#6)

#3. Doja Cat - Say So (#3)

#2. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go (#4)

#1. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (#1) [3rd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Jonas Brothers - Sucker (7 of 13 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


Twenty One Pilots - Level Of Concern and Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions (+9) are both in the Top 20. I'm so glad about the first one, but I'm actually fine with the other one. Now, let's see if they'll be in the Top 10 soon.

Blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer and Kelsea Ballerini/Halsey - The Other Girl (-10) were also tied for the biggest drop this week. I'm okay with the first one, but I'm not too thrilled about the other one.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Sam Smith/Demi Lovato - I'm Ready: The best countdown entrant this week. This is definitely a heavenly song and easily Sam's best song ever. Now, with my opinion, the production in this one was absolutely heavenly, Sam's vocals sounded heavenly, Demi's vocals also sounded heavenly in her contribution, and that chorus was super heavenly. This is going to be in my Top 10 Songs of the year. Hopefully this one becomes a hit.


Marshmello/Halsey - Be Kind: It's such a phenomenal EDM song for me to listen to. It's definitely a step up from Here With Me. The production in this one sounded so phenomenal, Halsey's vocals are so heavenly, the lyrics are definitely what I'm a fan of and are nicely-written, and that chorus sounded absolutely phenomenal. Hopefully this one does phenomenal on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Camila Cabello - My Oh My: I'm not sure why it's still standing at that spot. I really would like to see it in the Top 3. Hopefully next week it'll be there.

4. Niall Horan - No Judgement: It debuted the Top 5 this week. I'm glad to see that. Now, let's see if it'll be in the Top 3 or maybe even in the top spot soon.

3. Doja Cat - Say So: I'm still okay with this song still in there. But again I'm going to give credit to this song when it gets to the top spot, but I'm not sure if it's going to happen.

2. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go: It's getting close to being in the top spot. Now, let's see if this should be in there soon.

1. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights: Holding the top spot for the 3rd week in a row. Wow, I'm super duper pleased that it's actually still in there. I'd like it to stay in there and let it tie the record.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber - Stuck With U (DEBUT)

2. Ashe - Moral Of The Story (RE-ENTRY)

3. Drake - Toosie Slide

4. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses

5. Tones And I - Bad Child

6. Cheap Cuts/Pete Wentz - Check Your Phone

7. Meghan Trainor/Nicki Minaj - Nice To Meet Ya

8. Alec Benjamin - Six Feet Apart

9. Lil Mosey - Blueberry Faygo

10. Selena Gomez - Boyfriend

11. Ava Max - Kings & Queens

12. The 1975 - If You're Too Shy (Let Me Know)

13. Major Lazer/Marcus Mumford - Lay Your Head On Me

14. Jackson Wang - 100 Ways

15. AJR - Bang!

16. Pink Sweat$ - 17


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber - Stuck With U: What a phenomenal song. Though not as good as Don't Call Me Angel, but it is still phenomenal. The production is super phenomenal, Ariana's vocals are definitely heavenly, Justin's vocals sounded so phenomenal in his contribution, and wow, that chorus was so heavenly. Hopefully it'll be on the countdown very soon.


Ashe - Moral Of The Story: It re-entered Hit Bound this week. I'm really not surprised that it actually left the countdown this week. This does not deserve to be back on here. Hopefully it'll be back on the countdown soon.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Surfaces - Sunday Best


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

19. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions

18. Doja Cat - Say So


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

17. JP Saxe/Julia Michaels - If The World Was Ending

16. Demi Lovato - I Love Me

15. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now

14. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

13. Camila Cabello - My Oh My

12. Taylor Swift - The Man

11. Niall Horan - No Judgement

10. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Old Me

9. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go

8. Twenty One Pilots - Level Of Concern

7. Lauv - Modern Loneliness

6. The Weeknd - In Your Eyes

5. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart

4. Halsey - You Should Be Sad

3. Conan Gray - Maniac

2. Lady Gaga - Stupid Love


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (+2 extra points for being #1)


Total Score: 94/100 = 94% (A+) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023