The Weeknd (4) Week Of May 16, 2020

It sure has been an interesting week this week. There was a lot of things on here that are actually so interesting. Though the Golden Ages of the countdown is still here. Anyway. That's all I have to say about this countdown, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Kelsea Ballerini/Halsey - The Other Girl

24kgoldn - City Of Angels


Last Week's #1 Song: The Weeknd - Blinding Lights

The Countdown:

#45. Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B. - South Of The Border (#43)

#44. Tones And I - Dance Monkey (#44)

#43. Jonas Brothers - Only Human (#45)

#42. Halsey - Graveyard (#41)

#41. Arizona Zervas - Roxanne (#42)

#40. Niall Horan - Nice To Meet Ya (#35)

#39. Blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer (#40)

#38. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Teeth (#37)

#37. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses (DEBUT)

#36. Sam Smith/Demi Lovato - I'm Ready (#31)

#35. Regard - Ride It (#38)

#34. Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber - Stuck With U (DEBUT)

#33. Black Eyed Peas/J. Balvin - RITMO (Bad Boys For Life) (#36)

#32. Harry Styles - Adore You (#24)

#31. Marshmello/Halsey - Be Kind (#25)

#30. Post Malone - Circles (#28)

#29. Alesso/Liam Payne - Midnight (#29)

#28. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted (#23)

#27. Blackbear - Me & Ur Ghost (#26)

#26. Jonas Brothers - What A Man Gotta Do (#22)

#25. Powfu/beabadoobee - Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head) (#32)

#24. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely (#21)

#23. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions (#15)

#22. Halsey - You Should Be Sad (#18)

#21. Surfaces - Sunday Best (#13)

#20. Lady Gaga - Stupid Love (#9)

#19. Alec Benjamin - Oh My God (#27)

#18. Taylor Swift - The Man (#17)

#17. Lauv - Modern Loneliness (#20)

#16. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now (#7)

#15. JP Saxe/Julia Michaels - If The World Was Ending (#12)

#14. Trevor Daniel - Falling (#30)

#13. Maren Morris - The Bones (#39)

#12. The Weeknd - In Your Eyes (#19)

#11. Twenty One Pilots - Level Of Concern (#16)

#10. Camila Cabello - My Oh My (#5)

#9. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar (#8)

#8. Demi Lovato - I Love Me (#11)

#7. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Old Me (#8)

#6. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart (#14)

#5. Niall Horan - No Judgement (#4)

#4. Doja Cat - Say So (#3)

#3. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go (#2)

#2. Conan Gray - Maniac (#10)

#1. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (#1) [4th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Jonas Brothers - Sucker (8 of 13 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so pleased about that huge big jump this week from Maren Morris - The Bones (+26). Now, I'm sure hoping that it should be in the Top 10 soon.

I'm not too thrilled about Lady Gaga - Stupid Love (-11) with the biggest drop this week. But at least it's still in the Top 20, so that's still good.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses: This song is just mediocre. There isn't really anything interesting about this song. But this remix actually sounded better than the original one, but still not great. The original one does not sound good at all. Now, for my opinion, the production is fine and the chorus sounded okay. My only issue for this song is Saint Jhn's vocals. He doesn't sound good in this one. So yeah, overall it's meh. Let's see how this one does.


Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber - Stuck With U: This is the only great debut we have this week. Now, this is definitely an amazing song. But not as good as Don't Call Me Angel, but it's still amazing. The production in this one was super phenomenal, Ariana's vocals definitely sounded heavenly, Justin's vocals sounded so phenomenal in his contribution, and that chorus sounded so heavenly. Hopefully this becomes a hit on here.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Niall Horan - No Judgement: I somehow would still like to see this song in the Top 3. I'm hoping very soon it should be in there.

4. Doja Cat - Say So: Ok, I'll let you take a drop out of the Top 3. Though if this song ever comes back in there, I'll still be fine.

3. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go: Maybe this might have a chance to be at the top spot because of what's going on with our #1 song. But I'm sure hoping this has a chance soon.

2. Conan Gray - Maniac: I'm so pleased that it re-entered the Top 3 all the way almost to the top spot. Will it have another chance to be at the top spot? We're gonna have to find out.

1. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights: Holding the top spot for the 4th week in a row. Never in my wildest dreams, I'm super pleased that it's still in there! I really would like this song to stay in there and let it tie the record.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. AJR - Bang!

2. Megan Thee Stallion/Beyonce - Savage (Remix) (DEBUT)

3. Jackson Wang - 100 Ways

4. Ava Max - Kings & Queens

5. 24kgoldn - City Of Angels (RE-ENTRY)

6. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope (DEBUT)

7. Kelsea Ballerini/Halsey - The Other Girl (DEBUT*)

8. Lil Mosey - Blueberry Faygo

9. Tones And I - Bad Child

10. Surfaces - Sunday Best (RE-ENTRY**)

11. Meghan Trainor/Nicki Minaj - Nice To Meet Ya

12. The 1975 - If You're Too Shy (Let Me Know)

13. Drake - Toosie Slide

14. Ashe - Moral Of The Story

15. Major Lazer/Marcus Mumford - Lay Your Head On Me


* = Did not re-enter Hit Bound because it debuted straight onto the countdown


** = Re-entered Hit Bound although it's still on the countdown


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Megan Thee Stallion/Beyonce - Savage (Remix): I know a lot of you say that I don't like her music because last year, she has a couple songs that I really hate. Though she is not a bad rapper. But this one was absolutely amazing. I actually like this version better than the original. Though this version is on the same level as the original version. Now, on to the song. The production here is so catchy, Megan's rapping sounded amazing, and that chorus was so fun. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


24kgoldn - City Of Angels: Oh boy... do we really need this song to re-entered Hit Bound? Absolutely not. This does not deserve to get back on here. This better not be back on the countdown.


Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope: That song has actually been on the Billboard Hot 100 for a while. Now, I've actually heard the original version a lot on The Highway. It's such an amazing country-pop song. I actually like the original version better than this version, but this version is still amazing. The production is absolutely amazing, Gabby's vocals sounded so splendid, Charlie's vocals are very outstanding in his contribution, and the chorus was pretty amazing. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Kelsea Ballerini/Halsey - The Other Girl: I really have no idea why this song left the countdown and debuted on here this week. I'm not too thrilled that it managed to do that. I'm sure hoping that it should be back on the countdown soon.


Surfaces - Sunday Best: How is it possible for this song to re-enter Hit Bound when it's still on the countdown? That doesn't make any sense at all! This does not deserve to be back on here. This should leave Hit Bound next week and we're gonna let this song be out of the countdown. I really had it with this song! Though I doubt it's going to be out of Hit Bound next week. I'm sure hoping that it happens.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

None


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

20. Alec Benjamin - Oh My God


3 - Decent:

19. Doja Cat - Say So


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

18. JP Saxe/Julia Michaels - If The World Was Ending

17. Demi Lovato - I Love Me

16. Trevor Daniel - Falling

15. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now

14. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

13. Camila Cabello - My Oh My

12. Taylor Swift - The Man

11. Niall Horan - No Judgement

10. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Old Me

9. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go

8. Twenty One Pilots - Level Of Concern

7. Maren Morris - The Bones

6. Lauv - Modern Loneliness

5. The Weeknd - In Your Eyes

4. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart

3. Conan Gray - Maniac

2. Lady Gaga - Stupid Love


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (+2 extra points for being #1)


Total Score: 98/100 = 98% (A+) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023