The Weeknd (5) Week Of May 23, 2020

As far as the countdown goes this week, there's really a mixture of great and decent things happening on here, which I'm cool with. However, the Golden Ages of the countdown is still happening. But other than that, I don't really have anything else to say about this one, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 45, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted

Jonas Brothers - Only Human


Last Week's #1 Song: The Weeknd - Blinding Lights

The Countdown:

#45. Tones And I - Dance Monkey (#44)

#44. Ed Sheeran/Camila Cabello/Cardi B. - South Of The Border (#45)

#43. Arizona Zervas - Roxanne (#41)

#42. Halsey - Graveyard (#42)

#41. Blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer (#39)

#40. Niall Horan - Nice To Meet Ya (#40)

#39. 24kgoldn - City Of Angels (RE-ENTRY)

#38. Jonas Brothers - What A Man Gotta Do (#26)

#37. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses (#37)

#36. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Teeth (#38)

#35. Regard - Ride It (#35)

#34. Harry Styles - Adore You (#32)

#33. Black Eyed Peas/J. Balvin - RITMO (Bad Boys For Life) (#33)

#32. Sam Smith/Demi Lovato - I'm Ready (#36)

#31. Powfu/beabadoobee - Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head) (#25)

#30. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions (#23)

#29. Halsey - You Should Be Sad (#22)

#28. Jonas Brothers/Karol G - X (DEBUT)

#27. Post Malone - Circles (#30)

#26. Alesso/Liam Payne - Midnight (#29)

#25. Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber - Stuck With U (#34)

#24. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely (#24)

#23. Taylor Swift - The Man (#18)

#22. Lady Gaga - Stupid Love (#20)

#21. Lauv - Modern Loneliness (#17)

#20. Marshmello/Halsey - Be Kind (#31)

#19. Surfaces - Sunday Best (#21)

#18. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now (#16)

#17. Alec Benjamin - Oh My God (#19)

#16. Trevor Daniel - Falling (#14)

#15. JP Saxe/Julia Michaels - If The World Was Ending (#15)

#14. Blackbear - Me & Ur Ghost (#27)

#13. Twenty One Pilots - Level Of Concern (#11)

#12. Camila Cabello - My Oh My (#10)

#11. Maren Morris - The Bones (#13)

#10. The Weeknd - In Your Eyes (#12)

#9. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Old Me (#7)

#8. Demi Lovato - I Love Me (#8)

#7. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar (#9)

#6. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart (#6)

#5. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go (#3)

#4. Niall Horan - No Judgement (#5)

#3. Doja Cat - Say So (#4)

#2. Conan Gray - Maniac (#2)

#1. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (#1) [5th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Jonas Brothers - Sucker (9 of 13 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm okay with Blackbear - Me & Ur Ghost (+13) with the biggest jump this week as it was back in the Top 20. Though I am going to still give credit to this song when it gets to the Top 10.

Jonas Brothers - What A Man Gotta Do (-12) is now officially out of here. It did had a nice run here on the countdown. I guarantee this song is leaving here very soon.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


24kgoldn - City Of Angels: How is it possible for this song to re-enter the countdown?! This does not deserve to be back in there. This better have another chance to do extremely poorly on here.


Jonas Brothers/Karol G - X: Since What A Man Gotta Do is about to leave the countdown, this song now debuts on here. Now, they collaborate with a reggaeton artist that I actually never heard of. This is such an outstanding song. Not as good as What A Man Gotta Do, but it's still outstanding. The production is so awesome, their vocals sounded absolutely outstanding, Karol's vocals were so  outstanding in her contribution, and I really enjoyed the chorus. Let's see how this one does.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go: I sure would like to see this song back in the Top 3. But I'm sure it might be out of the Top 5 because of what was happening here.

4. Niall Horan - No Judgement: I'm glad to see it jump. Now, let's see if it'll be in the Top 3 soon. Maybe it's going to be next week.

3. Doja Cat - Say So: I'm fine with this song back in the Top 3. Though I'm not sure if it's ever going to be at the top spot on here like it did on the AT40 this week.

2. Conan Gray - Maniac: I really have no idea why it's still at that spot. Maybe it's because of what's going on at the top spot. I guarantee this should hit the top spot soon, but we don't know yet for sure.

1. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights: Holding the top spot for the 5th week in a row. Wow, that song has been really rocking it here! Just 8 more weeks to go to tie the record. I really would like to see that happen.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande - Rain On Me (DEBUT)

2. Ashe - Moral Of The Story

3. Drake - Toosie Slide

4. Ava Max - Kings & Queens

5. Lil Mosey - Blueberry Faygo

6. Tones And I - Bad Child

7. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope

8. AJR - Bang!

9. Megan Thee Stallion/Beyonce - Savage (Remix)

10. Katy Perry - Daisies (DEBUT)

11. Jackson Wang - 100 Ways

12. The 1975 - If You're Too Shy (Let Me Know)

13. Roddy Ricch - The Box (DEBUT)

14. Major Lazer/Marcus Mumford - Lay Your Head On Me

15. Kelsea Ballerini/Halsey - The Other Girl

16. Black Eyed Peas/J. Balvin - RITMO (Bad Boys For Life) (RE-ENTRY*)


* = Re-entered Hit Bound although it's still on the countdown


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande - Rain On Me: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. This is definitely Gaga's best song ever. It's even better than Stupid Love. It's definitely a super heavenly song. The production in this one sounded so heavenly, Gaga's vocals sounded absolutely heavenly, Ariana's vocals were pretty heavenly in her contribution, and wow. That chorus was extremely heavenly. This is definitely going to be in my Top 5 Songs of the year when it debuts the countdown and Stupid Love is actually going to be kicked out of my Top 10 Songs of the year. Here's to hoping that it should be on the countdown soon.


Katy Perry - Daisies: I'm not sure what's going on with this song. But there isn't really interesting about this one. The production here does not sound good, neither does the acoustic guitar. Though Katy's vocals sounded alright, but her screaming in the chorus sounded so bad. So yeah, I'm not a fan of this. I have it in blue right now, but it's getting close to red than it is in green.


Roddy Ricch - The Box: This song has actually hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 for quite a while. And now, here it is on there. Now, this is just a decent song. I've already gone over my opinion on this song back when it was on the AT40 a few months ago. I'm not really huge on Roddy's vocals here, but the production actually sounded great. Though there aren't really interesting lyrics in this one. So yeah, overall it's decent. I'll be fine if it debuts the countdown soon. Let's see if it does.


Black Eyed Peas/J. Balvin - RITMO (Bad Boys For Life): Woah, that was the second week in a row that we actually have a song that re-entered Hit Bound when it was still on the countdown. Now last week, it was Sunday Best, and now this week it was this song. But like what I said last week, this song is going to leave Hit Bound next week. I'm feeling that it's most likely going to happen next week.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Surfaces - Sunday Best


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

19. Alec Benjamin - Oh My God

18. Blackbear - Me & Ur Ghost


3 - Decent:

17. Doja Cat - Say So


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

16. JP Saxe/Julia Michaels - If The World Was Ending

15. Demi Lovato - I Love Me

14. Trevor Daniel - Falling

13. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now

12. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

11. Camila Cabello - My Oh My

10. Niall Horan - No Judgement

9. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Old Me

8. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go

7. Twenty One Pilots - Level Of Concern

6. Maren Morris - The Bones

5. The Weeknd - In Your Eyes

4. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart

3. Conan Gray - Maniac

2. Marshmello/Halsey - Be Kind


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (+2 extra points for being #1)


Total Score: 90/100 = 90% (A-) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023