5 Seconds Of Summer (1) Week Of June 20, 2020

I hope everyone's been enjoying their first week of summer vacation. I sure am enjoying it, because I finally don't have to do school virtual. I like being there in person better than just doing it at home, because it actually sucks for me to do it online. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, things are looking so interesting. We have another brand new #1 song on there, which was so interesting. So, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Blackbear - Me & Ur Ghost

Diplo/Morgan Wallen/Julia Michaels - Heartless

The Weeknd - In Your Eyes


Last Week's #1 Song: Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go

The Countdown:

#30. Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul - Mamacita (DEBUT)

#29. Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer (DEBUT)

#28. Doja Cat/Gucci Mane - Like That (RE-ENTRY)

#27. Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber - Stuck With U (#20)

#26. Lil Mosey - Blueberry Faygo (#29)

#25. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses (#19)

#24. Roddy Ricch - The Box (#21)

#23. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope (#26)

#22. Conkarah/Shaggy/DJ Fle - Banana (#24)

#21. Megan Thee Stallion - Savage (#27)

#20. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande - Rain On Me (#16)

#19. Powfu/beabadoobee - Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head) (#25)

#18. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions (#11)

#17. Trevor Daniel - Falling (#17)

#16. Doja Cat - Say So (#14)

#15. Alec Benjamin - Oh My God (#18)

#14. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (#12)

#13. Jonas Brothers/Karol G - X (#13)

#12. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely (#22)

#11. Surfaces - Sunday Best (#15)

#10. Twenty One Pilots - Level Of Concern (#8)

#9. Conan Gray - Maniac (#5)

#8. Maren Morris - The Bones (#10)

#7. Alesso/Liam Payne - Midnight (#9)

#6. Marshmello/Halsey - Be Kind (#7)

#5. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar (#3)

#4. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart (#4)

#3. Niall Horan - No Judgement (#2)

#2. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go (#1)

#1. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Old Me (#6) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Jonas Brothers - Sucker (13th and final record breaking week at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely (+10) has finally made it's comeback this week. What a week for them! Now, hopefully this song should be in the Top 10 soon.

Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber - Stuck With U and Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions (-7) were tied for the biggest drop this week. Wow, Justin has two songs that were tied for that? Anyway. I'm not too thrilled about the first one, but I'm okay with the other one. I'll still give credit to that.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul - Mamacita: This is just a decent song. Though this song was actually better than RITMO (Bad Boys For Life). But still, it is decent. I'm not really huge on the reggae production, and I'm not really huge on the drop, either. But the vocals are still great and J. Rey Soul actually sounded amazing in the chorus. But yeah, this is still a decent song. Let's see how this one does on there.


Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer: This is the only great debut we have this week. This is definitely a phenomenal song and this is actually one of my favorite songs off of Lover. Now, on to the song. The production sounded phenomenal, Taylor's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics are definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and that chorus was extremely phenomenal. Hopefully this one becomes a hit on there.


Doja Cat/Gucci Mane - Like That: I'm actually fine with this song re-entering the countdown this week. Now, let's see how this one does in it's second run.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar: I don't really want this song to drop. I thought that this song was actually going to have a shot at the top spot. But hopefully it should get back up soon.

4. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart: Wow, I've been waiting for weeks to let this song be in the Top 3. But I'm sure hoping that next week it should be in the Top 3.

3. Niall Horan - No Judgement: Can we please let this song stay in the Top 3 for a little bit longer? I feel like this song has been in the Top 3 so quickly and I wish this would've stayed in there longer.

2. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go: It dropped out of the top spot. Though it did had a good run there. Now, let's see if it should be back in there or not.

1. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Old Me: It actually debuted the Top 5 this week straight to the top spot. I'm so glad to see this song in there. Now, let's see how long it could hold the spot.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Topic/A7S - Breaking Me (DEBUT)

2. Ashe/Niall Horan - Moral Of The Story

3. Young T & Bugsey/Headie One - Don't Rush (DEBUT)

4. Finneas - Let's Fall In Love For The Night

5. Sia - Together

6. Harry Styles - Falling

7. Niall Horan - Black And White

8. Jackson Wang - 100 Ways

9. Katy Perry - Daisies

10. Ava Max - Kings & Queens

11. AJR - Bang!

12. Pink Sweat$ - 17

13. Jojo - Man (DEBUT)

14. Diplo/Morgan Wallen/Julia Michaels - Heartless (RE-ENTRY)

15. Tones And I - Ur So Fucking Cool


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Topic/A7S - Breaking Me: This is just a mediocre song. There's nothing really interesting about this song. Though the production in this one sounded solid, but I'm not really a huge fan of this guy's vocals. Though I'll still give credit to the lyrics. they're actually fine. Though the chorus sounded meh. So yeah, overall this is just a mediocre song. I'll be okay if this one makes the countdown soon. Let's see if it'll happen.


Young T & Bugsey/Headie One - Don't Rush: Wow, I didn't expect Hits 1 to pick up a UK hip-hop song. But I gotta say, this was just a decent song. Now, on to my opinion. The production sounded awesome, but the verses are a bit boring. Though the chorus in this one sounded fine. But yeah, it's such a decent song overall. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Jojo - Man: It's actually been so long since we last heard from her. And now she's back. I know she has been having lots of hits in the 2000's. Now, this is definitely an amazing song. With my opinion, the production is so unstoppable, Jojo's vocals were so amazing, the lyrics are very interesting, and the chorus is definitely what I stand for. Here's to hoping that it should be on the countdown very soon.


Diplo/Morgan Wallen/Julia Michaels - Heartless: I really have no idea why this song managed to re-enter Hit Bound. This does not deserve to be back in there. Hopefully it should be back on the countdown soon.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Powfu/beabadoobee - Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head)

29. Surfaces - Sunday Best


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

28. Alec Benjamin - Oh My God

27. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses


3 - Decent:

26. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions

25. Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul - Mamacita

24. Conkarah/Shaggy/DJ Fle - Banana

23. Doja Cat/Gucci Mane - Like That

22. Roddy Ricch - The Box

21. Doja Cat - Say So


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

20. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely

19. Trevor Daniel - Falling

18. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

17. Niall Horan - No Judgement

16. Jonas Brothers/Karol G - X

15. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Old Me

14. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go

13. Twenty One Pilots - Level Of Concern

12. Lil Mosey - Blueberry Faygo

11. Alesso/Liam Payne - Midnight

10. Maren Morris - The Bones

9. Megan Thee Stallion - Savage

8. Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber - Stuck With U

7. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope

6. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart

5. Conan Gray - Maniac

4. Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer

3. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande - Rain On Me

2. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. Marshmello/Halsey - Be Kind


Total Score: 123/150 = 82% (B-) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023