AT40: The Weeknd (3) Week Of June 27, 2020

As far as the countdown goes, it looks super amazing. Though we are not back in the Golden Ages of the countdown, even though our current #1 song was actually one of my favorite songs on there. But sometimes songs change from being one of my favorites, and that's just how it goes. Other than that, I don't have anything else to say about this one, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Regard - Ride It

Bryce Vine - Baby Girl


Last Week's #1 Song: Doja Cat - Say So

The Countdown:

#40. Selena Gomez - Lose You To Love Me (#40)

#39. Maroon 5 - Memories (#38)

#38. Jackson Wang - 100 Ways (DEBUT)

#37. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#36)

#36. Katy Perry - Daisies (DEBUT)

#35. Roddy Ricch - The Box (#28)

#34. Arizona Zervas - Roxanne (#33)

#33. DaBaby/Roddy Ricch - Rockstar (#39)

#32. THE SCOTTS/Travis Scott/Kid Cudi - THE SCOTTS (#35)

#31. Doja Cat/Gucci Mane - Like That (#34)

#30. The Weeknd - Heartless (#29)

#29. Diplo/Morgan Wallen/Julia Michaels - Heartless (#32)

#28. Lil Mosey - Blueberry Faygo (#31)

#27. JP Saxe/Julia Michaels - If The World Was Ending (#30)

#26. Blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer (#25)

#25. The Weeknd - In Your Eyes (#22)

#24. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted (#23)

#23. Jonas Brothers/Karol G - X (#24)

#22. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar (#27)

#21. Powfu/beabadoobee - Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head) (#21)

#20. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande - Rain On Me (#26)

#19. Black Eyed Peas/J. Balvin - RITMO (Bad Boys For Life) (#8)

#18. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go (#19)

#17. Camila Cabello/DaBaby - My Oh My (#10)

#16. Marshmello/Halsey - Be Kind (#16)

#15. Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber - Stuck With U (#17)

#14. Maren Morris - The Bones (#14)

#13. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely (#18)

#12. Post Malone - Circles (#12)

#11. Drake - Toosie Slide (#11)

#10. Megan Thee Stallion - Savage (#15)

#9. Surfaces - Sunday Best (#13)

#8. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses (#9)

#7. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart (#7)

#6. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now (#6)

#5. Harry Styles - Adore You (#5)

#4. Trevor Daniel - Falling (#4)

#3. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions (#3)

#2. Doja Cat - Say So (#1)

#1. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (#2) [3rd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Jonas Brothers - Sucker (8th and final week at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


DaBaby/Roddy Ricch - Rockstar and Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande - Rain On Me (+6) were tied for the biggest jump this week. I'm actually fine with the first one, but I'm super pleased about the second one. What a week for them!

I'm okay with Black Eyed Peas/J. Balvin - RITMO (Bad Boys For Life) (-11) taking a huge big drop this week on there. I'm still giving credit to it. Though I'm sure this is going to be the end of it.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Jackson Wang - 100 Ways: I really have no idea what's going on with this song, but this song is just not good. I know that he's been a decent singer in Walking, but this song does not fit for him. There's nothing good about this song. The production in this one was actually strange, Jackson's vocals do not sound good at all, and that chorus was so boring. So yeah, not a fan of this. I'm sure hoping this one does poorly on the countdown, because this is definitely not a good song for me to listen to. NEXT!


Katy Perry - Daisies: I know I had this song in blue before, but now it is so bad. I really have no idea what's wrong with this song. The production sounded so bad, and the acoustic guitar sounded so bland. Though Katy sounded alright in this one, but my gosh her screaming in the chorus was so awful. It somewhat ruined the song. So yeah, this is definitely a horrible song. This better not become a hit on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Harry Styles - Adore You: Wow, this song is somewhat still in there? I thought this was actually going to be out of here this week, but I'm glad that it's still there.

4. Trevor Daniel - Falling: I'm still waiting for this song to be in the Top 3. I'm sure hoping that within the next week or so this will happen.

3. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions: Gosh, this song has been hanging in this spot for quite a while. Maybe it's because of what was happening currently on there.

2. Doja Cat - Say So: It dropped out of the top spot. Though it did had an awesome run on there, but I'm actually okay with it being out of there.

1. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights: I'm so pleased to see this song back in the top spot, but I'm sure this is going to be out of there next week. But let's see how long it could hold the spot.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Surfaces - Sunday Best

19. Post Malone - Circles


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

18. Black Eyed Peas/J. BNalvin - RITMO (Bad Boys For Life)

17. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses


3 - Decent:

16. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions

15. Drake - Toosie Slide

14. Doja Cat - Say So


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

13. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely

12. Trevor Daniel - Falling

11. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now

10. Camila Cabello/DaBaby - My Oh My

9. Harry Styles - Adore You

8. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go

7. Maren Morris - The Bones

6. Megan Thee Stallion - Savage

5. Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber - Stuck With U

4. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart

3. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande - Rain On Me

2. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. Marshmello/Halsey - Be Kind


Total Score: 79/100 = 79% (C+) [Decent]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023