AT40: Justin Bieber (2) Week Of July 11, 2020

As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it actually looks so interesting. Although there's actually a mixture of good and okay things happening on here, including one of our debuts this week that I'll actually get to later. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Roddy Ricch - The Box

Maroon 5 - Memories


Last Week's #1 Song: Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions

The Countdown:

#40. Alec Benjamin - Oh My God (DEBUT)

#39. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#38)

#38. Drake - Toosie Slide (#18)

#37. Arizona Zervas - Roxanne (#36)

#36. Jackson Wang - 100 Ways (#37)

#35. The Weeknd - Heartless (#31)

#34. Katy Perry - Daisies (#35)

#33. Blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer (#27)

#32. Noah Cyrus/Leon Bridges - July (#33)

#31. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope (DEBUT)

#30. THE SCOTTS/Travis Scott/Kid Cudi - THE SCOTTS (#32)

#29. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted (#25)

#28. Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul - Mamacita (#34)

#27. Diplo/Morgan Wallen/Julia Michaels - Heartless (#28)

#26. Black Eyed Peas/J. Balvin - RITMO (Bad Boys For Life) (#23)

#25. JP Saxe/Julia Michaels - If The World Was Ending (#26)

#24. Doja Cat/Gucci Mane - Like That (#29)

#23. DaBaby/Roddy Ricch - Rockstar (#30)

#22. Camila Cabello/DaBaby - My Oh My (#17)

#21. Lil Mosey - Blueberry Faygo (#24)

#20. Jonas Brothers/Karol G - X (#22)

#19. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar (#21)

#18. Powfu/beabadoobee - Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head) (#20)

#17. Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber - Stuck With U (#14)

#16. Marshmello/Halsey - Be Kind (#16)

#15. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go (#15)

#14. Post Malone - Circles (#13)

#13. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely (#11)

#12. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande - Rain On Me (#19)

#11. Maren Morris - The Bones (#12)

#10. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now (#8)

#9. Surfaces - Sunday Best (#9)

#8. Megan Thee Stallion - Savage (#10)

#7. Harry Styles - Adore You (#5)

#6. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses (#7)

#5. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart (#6)

#4. Trevor Daniel - Falling (#4)

#3. Doja Cat - Say So (#3)

#2. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (#2)

#1. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions (#1) [2nd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Khalid - Talk (1 of 3 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande - Rain On Me and DaBaby/Roddy Ricch - Rockstar (+7) were tied for the biggest jump this week. I'm super pleased about the first one, but I'm actually okay with the other one. I'll still give credit to it.

Drake - Toosie Slide (-20) had a massive big drop this week all the way to the Bottom 5 from the Top 20. I'm actually fine with that. I'm sure it'd be out of here very soon.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Alec Benjamin - Oh My God: This is just another mediocre song. I know he has been making a lot of mediocre music, mainly because of his childish voice that I'm not really huge on. Now, on to my opinion. The production actually sounded great and the lyrics are also great. But his voice is my only concern about this one. Though the chorus actually sounds fine, I'll still give credit to it. But yeah, it's mediocre overall. Let's see how far this one goes.


Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope: This is the only great debut this week. Now, it has been on the Billboard Hot 100 for quite a while and this was actually one of the biggest country songs of last year. Now, I've actually heard the original version a lot on The Highway. Now this version, not as good as the original one, but it's still amazing. The production sounded absolutely amazing, Gabby's vocals were so splendid, Charlie's vocals were very outstanding in his contribution, and that chorus was pretty amazing. Hopefully this one becomes a hit on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart: I'm so pleased to see this song make it's debut in the Top 5. Now, I'm sure this will be at the top spot very soon. Hopefully it happens.

4. Trevor Daniel - Falling: Why on earth is this song still standing there? But yeah, I'm sure it won't go to the Top 3. But we don't know yet for sure.

3. Doja Cat - Say So: I didn't actually expect this song to still be in the Top 3. But I'm still okay with that. But I think next week it'll be out of here.

2. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights: Thank goodness it's still in there. But I feel like this song might be dropping sometime soon, but I'm hoping it'll stay in the Top 3 for even longer.

1. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I'm still okay with this song still in there. Now let's see how long it could hold the spot even more.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Powfu/beabadoobee - Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head)

19. Surfaces - Sunday Best

18. Post Malone - Circles


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

17. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses


3 - Decent:

16. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions

15. Doja Cat - Say So


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

14. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely

13. Trevor Daniel - Falling

12. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

11. Jonas Brothers/Karol G - X

10. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now

9. Harry Styles - Adore You

8. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go

7. Maren Morris - The Bones

6. Megan Thee Stallion - Savage

5. Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber - Stuck With U

4. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart

3. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande - Rain On Me

2. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. Marshmello/Halsey - Be Kind


Total Score: 79/100 = 79% (C+) [Decent]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023