AT40: The Weeknd (4) Week Of July 18, 2020

It has been an amazing week this week on there. Although I know a lot of you say that we're actually back in the Golden Ages of the countdown because of our current #1 song that used to be one of my favorites. But I actually have a different song in purple, so we're actually not in there. But other than that, everything else looks good. That's all I have to say about this one, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Drake - Toosie Slide


Last Week's #1 Song: Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions

The Countdown:

#40. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#39)

#39. Cyn - Drinks (DEBUT)

#38. Arizona Zervas - Roxanne (#37)

#37. Alec Benjamin - Oh My God (#40)

#36. The Weeknd - Heartless (#35)

#35. Noah Cyrus/Leon Bridges - July (#32)

#34. Blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer (#33)

#33. Jackson Wang - 100 Ways (#36)

#32. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted (#29)

#31. THE SCOTTS/Travis Scott/Kid Cudi - THE SCOTTS (#30)

#30. Katy Perry - Daisies (#34)

#29. Black Eyed Peas/J. Balvin - RITMO (Bad Boys For Life) (#26)

#28. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope (#31)

#27. Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul - Mamacita (#28)

#26. Diplo/Morgan Wallen/Julia Michaels - Heartless (#27)

#25. Camila Cabello/DaBaby - My Oh My (#22)

#24. Doja Cat/Gucci Mane - Like That (#24)

#23. Jonas Brothers/Karol G - X (#20)

#22. JP Saxe/Julia Michaels - If The World Was Ending (#25)

#21. DaBaby/Roddy Ricch - Rockstar (#23)

#20. Lil Mosey - Blueberry Faygo (#21)

#19. Maren Morris - The Bones (#11)

#18. Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber - Stuck With U (#17)

#17. Powfu/beabadoobee - Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head) (#18)

#16. Marshmello/Halsey - Be Kind (#16)

#15. Post Malone - Circles (#14)

#14. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely (#13)

#13. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go (#15)

#12. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar (#19)

#11. Surfaces - Sunday Best (#9)

#10. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now (#10)

#9. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande - Rain On Me (#12)

#8. Megan Thee Stallion - Savage (#8)

#7. Harry Styles - Adore You (#7)

#6. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses (#6)

#5. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart (#5)

#4. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions (#1)

#3. Doja Cat - Say So (#3)

#2. Trevor Daniel - Falling (#4)

#1. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (#2) [4th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Khalid - Talk (2 of 3 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I was expecting Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar (+7) to have the biggest jump this week because of what happened on the Hits 1 Weekend Countdown, and now there it is. Now, hopefully it'll be in the Top 10 next week.

I'm not too thrilled about Maren Morris - The Bones (-8) to have the biggest drop this week. But I think it's definitely going to be the end of it.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Cyn - Drinks: This is definitely another mediocre song. There isn't really anything interesting to say about this one. Now, on to the song. The production is a little bit underwhelming, but her vocals actually sound solid and I'm still giving credit to the lyrics. Though the chorus was meh. So yeah, it's definitely meh overall. Let's see how far this one goes on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart: I'm still waiting for this song to move up and be in the Top 3. Hopefully next week it'll happen.

4. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions: It dropped out of the top spot this week. Thank goodness I need a better song to hit #1 on there. But I'm still okay with this song out of that spot.

3. Doja Cat - Say So: I'm actually still okay with this song still in the Top 3. But I didn't actually expect this song to stay in there.

2. Trevor Daniel - Falling: Thank goodness it finally made it to the Top 3 after spending numerous weeks at #4. And it's also almost at the top spot. Can it be his first #1 song on there? We're gonna have to find out.

1. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights: I'm super pleased to see this song back at the top. But I think it's going to be out of that spot next week. But let's see how long it could hold the spot.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Powfu/beebadoobee - Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head)

19. Surfaces - Sunday Best

18. Post Malone - Circles


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

17. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses


3 - Decent:

16. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions

15. Doja Cat - Say So


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

14. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely

13. Trevor Daniel - Falling

12. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

11. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now

10. Harry Styles - Adore You

9. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go

8. Lil Mosey - Blueberry Faygo

7. Maren Morris - The Bones

6. Megan Thee Stallion - Savage

5. Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber - Stuck With U

4. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart

3. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande - Rain On Me

2. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. Marshmello/Halsey - Be Kind


Total Score: 79/100 = 79% (C+) [Decent]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023