AT40: The Weeknd (5) Week Of July 25, 2020

It sure has been an amazing week for this countdown. We do have some decent exits and some amazing debuts this week, and one of them is actually going to be in my Top 10 Songs of the year. But I'll get to that one later, but for now, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


THE SCOTTS/Travis Scott/Kid Cudi - THE SCOTTS

Noah Cyrus/Leon Bridges - July [DTHNOBx2]

Alec Benjamin - Oh My God


Last Week's #1 Song: The Weeknd - Blinding Lights

The Countdown:

#40. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#40)

#39. Arizona Zervas - Roxanne (#38)

#38. Young T & Bugsey/Headie One - Don't Rush (DEBUT)

#37. The Weeknd - Heartless (#36)

#36. Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo - Savage Love (DEBUT)

#35. Blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer (#34)

#34. Cyn - Drinks (#39)

#33. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted (#32)

#32. Jonas Brothers/Karol G - X (#23)

#31. Black Eyed Peas/J. Balvin - RITMO (Bad Boys For Life) (#29)

#30. Jackson Wang - 100 Ways (#33)

#29. Katy Perry - Daisies (#30)

#28. Trevor Daniel/Selena Gomez - Past Life (DEBUT)

#27. Camila Cabello/DaBaby - My Oh My (#25)

#26. Diplo/Morgan Wallen/Julia Michaels - Heartless (#26)

#25. Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul - Mamacita (#27)

#24. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope (#28)

#23. Maren Morris - The Bones (#19)

#22. Doja Cat/Gucci Mane - Like That (#24)

#21. JP Saxe/Julia Michaels - If The World Was Ending (#22)

#20. Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber - Stuck With U (#18)

#19. DaBaby/Roddy Ricch - Rockstar (#21)

#18. Lil Mosey - Blueberry Faygo (#20)

#17. Marshmello/Halsey - Be Kind (#16)

#16. Post Malone - Circles (#15)

#15. Powfu/beabadoobee - Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head) (#17)

#14. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely (#14)

#13. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now (#10)

#12. Surfaces - Sunday Best (#11)

#11. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go (#13)

#10. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande - Rain On Me (#9)

#9. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar (#12)

#8. Megan Thee Stallion - Savage (#8)

#7. Harry Styles - Adore You (#7)

#6. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions (#4)

#5. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses (#6)

#4. Doja Cat - Say So (#3)

#3. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart (#5)

#2. Trevor Daniel - Falling (#2)

#1. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (#1) [5th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Khalid - Talk (3rd and final week at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm okay with Cyn - Drinks (+5) having the biggest jump this week. I'll still give credit to this song. Now, let's see if it'll be in the Top 30 or not.

Jonas Brothers/Karol G - X (-9) is about to be out of here. But it sure did had a nice run there, but now it's about to leave here very soon.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Young T & Bugsey/Headie One - Don't Rush: Wow, this was actually the first UK hip-hop song to ever be on there? I didn't actually expect that to happen! Anyway. But this is just a decent song. There isn't really much to say about this one. Though the production sounded awesome, but the verses are actually a bit boring. But the chorus actually sound fine. So yeah, overall it's decent. Let's see how far this one goes.


Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo - Savage Love: He finally made his big return on there. It's actually been a long while since we last heard from him. Now, this song is so outstanding and fun. Now, with my opinion, the production and the beat is super fun, Jason's vocals really shine throughout the entire song, especially his falsetto. And the lyrics were super outstanding, and the chorus was so amazing. Let's see if this one should become a hit on there.


Trevor Daniel/Selena Gomez - Past Life: The best debut this week. Now, since Falling has made the Top 3 on there, this song has now makes it's debut on there. Now, this was actually his best song ever and it's definitely a huge step up from Falling. It's definitely a heavenly song for me to listen to. Now, on to my opinion. The production in this one was so phenomenal, Trevor's vocals were so heavenly and he actually kinda sounds like Lauv, who's been a talented singer, Selena's vocals also sound so heavenly in her contribution, the lyrics are definitely what I'm a huge fan of and were super nicely-written, and that chorus was super heavenly. This is definitely going to be in my Top 10 Songs of the year which of course you will see in my Top 10 Songs of the year post (although I haven't posted it yet because I'm actually way behind on my posts). Now, I'm sure hoping this song becomes a hit on there and I'm hoping it'll do way better than Falling does.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses: This was actually his first Top 5 song in there. Well that was a great start for him in his career. But I'm actually okay with this song in there, because it's a meh song.

4. Doja Cat - Say So: I was actually expecting this song to be out of the Top 3 this week. Now, I'm sure it'll be out of the Top 5 very soon.

3. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart: Thank goodness it made it to the Top 3! Now, I'm sure this song should be at the top spot anytime soon because it's her. Hopefully it'll be at the top soon.

2. Trevor Daniel - Falling: I'm still waiting for this song to be at the top spot. But I don't think it's going to happen because of his new song debuting on there.

1. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I'm super pleased to see this song still in there. Now, let's see if it could stay in there next week or not.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Powfu/beabadoobee - Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head)

19. Surfaces - Sunday Best

18. Post Malone - Circles


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

17. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses


3 - Decent:

16. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions

15. DaBaby/Roddy Ricch - Rockstar

14. Doja Cat - Say So


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

13. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely

12. Trevor Daniel - Falling

11. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

10. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now

9. Harry Styles - Adore You

8. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go

7. Lil Mosey - Blueberry Faygo

6. Megan Thee Stallion - Savage

5. Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber - Stuck With U

4. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart

3. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande - Rain On Me

2. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. Marshmello/Halsey - Be Kind


Total Score: 77/100 = 77% (C+) [Decent]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023