Harry Styles (2) Week Of July 4, 2020

Again I'd like to wish everyone and to my fellow bloggers a happy and safe 4th of July. So yeah, Spyder Harrison's back to hosting the countdown this week, which I'm so glad about. As far as the countdown goes, there's definitely a lot of amazing things happening on there. So, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Conan Gray - Maniac

Conkarah/Shaggy/DJ Fle - Banana

Pink Sweat$ - 17


Last Week's #1 Song: Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

The Countdown:

#30. Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul - Mamacita (RE-ENTRY)

#29. Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer (#27)

#28. Zoe Wees - Control (DEBUT)

#27. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses (#26)

#26. Ava Max - Kings & Queens (DEBUT)

#25. Powfu/beabadoobee - Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head) (#20)

#24. Doja Cat/Gucci Mane - Like That (#18)

#23. Ashe/Niall Horan - Moral Of The Story (#29)

#22. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (#17)

#21. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope (#25)

#20. DaBaby/Roddy Ricch - Rockstar (#24)

#19. Maren Morris - The Bones (#9)

#18. Lil Mosey - Blueberry Faygo (#22)

#17. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions (#16)

#16. Trevor Daniel - Falling (#15)

#15. Twenty One Pilots - Level Of Concern (#7)

#14. Megan Thee Stallion - Savage (#11)

#13. Alec Benjamin - Oh My God (#21)

#12. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely (#8)

#11. Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber - Stuck With U (#23)

#10. Jonas Brothers/Karol G - X (#10)

#9. Marshmello/Halsey - Be Kind (#6)

#8. Surfaces - Sunday Best (#13)

#7. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande - Rain On Me (#14)

#6. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go (#12)

#5. Alesso/Liam Payne - Midnight (#2)

#4. Niall Horan - No Judgement (#3)

#3. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart (#4)

#2. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Old Me (#5)

#1. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar (#1) [2nd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (2 of 9 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm super pleased about Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber - Stuck With U (+12) in the Top 20. Now, I'm sure this song is going to be in the Top 10 next week. Hopefully it happens.

I'm not too thrilled about Maren Morris - The Bones (-10) having the biggest drop this week as it got out of the Top 10. But I'm afraid it's going to be the end of it.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul - Mamacita: It re-entered the countdown this week. I'm actually okay with that. I'll still give credit to it. Let's see how far this one goes in it's second run.


Zoe Wees - Control: I really have no idea what's going on with this song, but I actually found this song to be so awful and boring. Now, on to the song. I don't really like the production there and I really hate how deep and raspy her voice is. And her screaming in the chorus... I CAN'T STAND IT AT ALL!!!!!!!!!! So yeah, overall it's an awful and boring song for me to listen to. NEXT!


Ava Max - Kings & Queens: This is a much better song for me and it's definitely the best countdown entrant this week. I know it's because I really love her voice. She has been an extremely talented singer because last year when Sweet But Psycho was on the countdown, it was in my Top 10 Songs of The Year, being as my #6 song of the year. And now, there she is back on there. Now, this is definitely a pretty heavenly song and it's definitely on the same level as Sweet But Psycho. The production was pretty heavenly, Ava's vocals were pretty heavenly, the lyrics are pretty heavenly, the chorus was pretty heavenly, everything on this song was pretty heavenly. This is definitely going to be in my Top 10 Songs of the year and probably be in the same spot where Sweet But Psycho was. Now, I'm sure hoping this one does amazing on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Alesso/Liam Payne - Midnight: WHAT???!!! I thought this song has a chance at the top spot! Oh well... I'm sure hoping it'll move back up soon.

4. Niall Horan - No Judgement: Huh, I actually knew it was actually going to leave the Top 3. Now, I guarantee that this song is going to be out of the Top 5 very soon.

3. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart: I'm so pleased to see this song in the Top 3. Now, I'm sure hoping that it should be at the top spot soon. Can it be her first #1 song on there? We're gonna have to see.

2. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Old Me: It's almost back at the top spot! But I'm not sure if it's ever going to come back to that spot because of what was happening. But I'm sure hoping it should be back in there soon.

1. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I'm so glad that this song is still there. I have a feeling that this might hold that spot for a little while longer.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Cyn - Drinks

2. Kygo/OneRepublic - Lose Somebody

3. Conkarah/Shaggy/DJ Fle - Banana (DEBUT*)

4. Zoe Wees - Control (DEBUT**)

5. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Wildflower (DEBUT)

6. Young T & Bugsey/Headie One - Don't Rush

7. Sia - Together

8. Harry Styles - Falling

9. Topic/A7S - Breaking Me

10. Katy Perry - Daisies

11. Jackson Wang - 100 Ways

12. AJR - Bang!

13. Tones And I - Ur So Fucking Cool

14. Jojo - Man

15. Diplo/Morgan Wallen/Julia Michaels - Heartless

16. Pink Sweat$ - 17 (RE-ENTRY)


* = Did not re-enter Hit Bound because it debuted straight onto the countdown

** = Debuted the countdown and Hit Bound at the same time


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Conkarah/Shaggy/DJ Fle - Banana: Okay all of those songs that left the countdown and then debut on Hit Bound seriously needs to stop. I'm getting so tired of this. But I'm actually okay with this song on there. Let's see if it'll be back on the countdown soon.


Zoe Wees - Control: Wait... how did it made it's debut on there when it actually debuted the countdown this week? I did not see any song on there that did that. But anyway. This does not deserve to be in either of those two places. This should leave here and the countdown because this is an awful and boring song for me.


5 Seconds Of Summer - Wildflower: This is the only great debut we have this week. Now, since Old Me was doing so well on there, this song now debuts on here. Though not as good as Old Me, but it's still outstanding. The production in this one sounded so awesome, Luke's vocals were so amazing, the lyrics are very nicely-written, and I really enjoyed the chorus. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Pink Sweat$ - 17: It re-entered Hit Bound for the 3rd time?! That's so crazy. But I'm actually fine with this song being back on there. But I don't think it's ever going to come back to the countdown. But let's see if it does or not.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Powfu/beabadoobee - Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head)

29. Zoe Wees - Control

28. Surfaces - Sunday Best


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

27. Alec Benjamin - Oh My God

26. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses


3 - Decent:

25. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions

24. Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul - Mamacita

23. Doja Cat/Gucci Mane - Like That

22. DaBaby/Roddy Ricch - Rockstar


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

21. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely

20. Trevor Daniel - Falling

19. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

18. Niall Horan - No Judgement

17. Jonas Brothers/Karol G - X

16. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Old Me

15. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go

14. Twenty One Pilots - Level Of Concern

13. Lil Mosey - Blueberry Faygo

12. Alesso/Liam Payne - Midnight

11. Maren Morris - The Bones

10. Megan Thee Stallion - Savage

9. Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber - Stuck With U

8. Ashe/Niall Horan - Moral Of The Story

7. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope

6. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart

5. Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer

4. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande - Rain On Me

3. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights

2. Marshmello/Halsey - Be Kind


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. Ava Max - Kings & Queens


Total Score: 122/150 - 81.3% (B-) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023