Harry Styles (5) Week Of July 25, 2020

It has been an amazing week this week for this countdown. You see we have two debuts this week that went straight to the countdown and not Hit Bound. But I'll get to those two songs later on in this post. But other than that, I don't think I have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber - Stuck With U

Alec Benjamin - Oh My God

Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer

Conan Gray - Heather


Last Week's #1 Song: Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

The Countdown:

#30. Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul - Mamacita (#29)

#29. Pink Sweat$ - 17 (#30)

#28. Jackson Wang - 100 Ways (#27)

#27. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions (#26)

#26. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses (#18)

#25. Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo - Savage Love (DEBUT)

#24. Zoe Wees - Control (#24)

#23. Juice WRLD/Marshmello - Come And Go (DEBUT)

#22. Zedd/Jasmine Thompson - Funny (DEBUT)

#21. Powfu/beabadoobee - Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head) (#19)

#20. Trevor Daniel/Selena Gomez - Past Life (DEBUT)

#19. Maren Morris - The Bones (#17)

#18. Lil Mosey - Blueberry Faygo (#23)

#17. Niall Horan - No Judgement (#6)

#16. Doja Cat/Gucci Mane - Like That (#25)

#15. Ava Max - Kings & Queens (#16)

#14. DaBaby/Roddy Ricch - Rockstar (#21)

#13. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope (#20)

#12. Trevor Daniel - Falling (#14)

#11. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely (#10)

#10. Surfaces - Sunday Best (#8)

#9. Megan Thee Stallion - Savage (#12)

#8. Ashe/Niall Horan - Moral Of The Story (#15)

#7. Marshmello/Halsey - Be Kind (#7)

#6. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go (#11)

#5. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande - Rain On Me (#5)

#4. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Old Me (#4)

#3. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart (#2)

#2. Alesso/Liam Payne - Midnight (#3)

#1. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar (#1) [5th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds Of Summer - Who Do You Love (2nd and final week at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm fine with Doja Cat/Gucci Mane - Like That (+9) with the biggest jump this week into the Top 20. I'll still give this song credit for that.

Niall Horan - No Judgement (-11) is about to be out of here. Well, I was actually expecting this song to do that. I'm sure this is the end of it.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo - Savage Love: He has finally made his return on to the countdown after a very long time. Now, this is such an outstanding and fun song to listen to. Now, on to my opinion. The production and the beat is super fun, Jason's vocals really shine throughout the entire song, especially his falsetto. And those lyrics were super outstanding, and the chorus was so amazing. So yeah, overall it's a fun song. I'm sure this should become a hit on there. Let's see how far this one goes.


Juice WRLD/Marshmello - Come And Go: This is definitely an amazing song and it's definitely a way better song for him. I remember when Lucid Dreams was actually in my Bottom 5 Songs of 2018 because that song was actually a nightmare for me. Now, this new song was actually way better than Lucid Dreams. Now, on to the song. The production sounded so amazing, Juice WRLD's vocals sounded so much better than in Lucid Dreams, the chorus was so amazing, and I fell in love with the drop. Now, hopefully this does amazing on there.


Zedd/Jasmine Thompson - Funny: This is such another amazing song for me. I was actually expecting this song to be on there, because I know he has been a talented EDM producer in my opinion. Now, on to the song. The production here is super outstanding, Jasmine's vocals were absolutely amazing, the lyrics are so interesting, the chorus was so amazing, and of course it has the ticking clock sound effect there just like in Stay and The Middle. And the drop here was so phenomenal. Hopefully this one does well on there.


Trevor Daniel/Selena Gomez - Past Life: The best countdown entrant this week. Now, this song makes it's debut on there since Falling has been doing really amazing on the pop radio charts, and especially on the AT40. Now, this song was definitely his best song ever and it's definitely a huge step up from Falling. It's such a heavenly song for me to listen to. Now, on to the song. The production was so phenomenal, Trevor's vocals were so heavenly and he actually kinda sounds like Lauv, who has been a talented singer, Selena's vocals also sound so heavenly in her contribution, those lyrics are definitely what I'm a huge fan of and were super nicely-written, and the chorus was super heavenly. This is definitely going to be in my Top 10 Songs of the year from which you'll see in my Top 10 Songs of the year post. But I'm actually running way behind so I'll try my best to start catching up and maybe get to there. Anyway, now I'm sure hoping this song should do better than Falling and become a massive hit on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande - Rain On Me: I'm still waiting for this song to be in the Top 3. I'm really hoping it should be in there very soon.

4. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Old Me: I didn't actually expect this song to still be in there. But I doubt this song should be out of here next week.

3. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart: No, I don't really want this song to drop. I was still waiting for this song to be at the top spot, but I don't think it's ever going to happen because of what was happening there.

2. Alesso/Liam Payne - Midnight: It's almost at the top spot! But it might take a few weeks to be in there because of what's going on there. But can it be his first ever #1 song on there? We're gonna have to see.

1. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar: Holding the top spot for the 5th week in a row. Wow, how is he career actually doing so amazing this year? It sure has been one heck of a year for him. Now, let's see if it'll stay in there or not next week.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Zoe Wees - Control

2. AJR - Bang!

3. Topic/A7S - Breaking Me

4. Niall Horan - Black And White

5. Conan Gray - Heather (DEBUT*)

6. Tones And I - Ur So Fucking Cool

7. Kane Brown/Khalid/Swae Lee - Be Like That

8. Harry Styles - Falling

9. Young T & Bugsey/Headie One - Don't Rush

10. Cyn - Drinks

11. Conkarah/Shaggy/DJ Fle - Banana

12. Katy Perry - Daisies

13. DJ Khaled/Drake - Popstar (DEBUT)

14. Sia - Together

15. Jack Harlow - What's Poppin (DEBUT)

16. Kygo/OneRepublic - Lose Somebody


* = Did not re-enter Hit Bound because it debuted straight onto the countdown


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Conan Gray - Heather: CAN WE PLEASE STOP WITH ALL OF THOSE SONGS LEAVING THE COUNTDOWN AND DEBUTING ON HIT BOUND?????!!!!! I'm getting so tired of all of this! This seriously needs to stop. And never ever happen ever again!


DJ Khaled/Drake - Popstar: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. His big return on there is definitely the moment we've been waiting for. Now, back in 2017 he had 2 songs that were in my Top 5 Songs of the year. And now, here he is back. Now, this is definitely a super heavenly song. The production here is so heavenly, Drake's vocals were absolutely heavenly especially in the verses, the lyrics were so phenomenal, and that chorus was super heavenly. This could end up in my Top 5 Songs of the year when it debuts the countdown soon. I'm sure hoping it'll happen.


Jack Harlow - What's Poppin: Wow, another awesome rapper making his debut on Hits 1? I didn't really expect this song to be on Hits 1. But now, there it is. Now, on to the song. The production here was so outstanding, Jack's vocals were so awesome, the lyrics are definitely outstanding, and the chorus was absolutely amazing. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Powfu/beabadoobee - Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head)

29. Jackson Wang - 100 Ways

28. Zoe Wees - Control

27. Surfaces - Sunday Best


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

26. Pink Sweat$ - 17

25. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses


3 - Decent:

24. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions

23. Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul - Mamacita

22. Doja Cat/Gucci Mane - Like That

21. DaBaby/Roddy Ricch - Rockstar


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

20. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely

19. Trevor Daniel - Falling

18. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

17. Niall Horan - No Judgement

16. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Old Me

15. Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo - Savage Love

14. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go

13. Lil Mosey - Blueberry Faygo

12. Alesso/Liam Payne - Midnight

11. Juice WRLD/Marshmello - Come And Go

10. Maren Morris - The Bones

9. Megan Thee Stallion - Savage

8. Zedd/Jasmine Thompson - Funny

7. Ashe/Niall Horan - Moral Of The Story

6. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope

5. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart

4. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande - Rain On Me

3. Marshmello/Halsey - Be Kind


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Trevor Daniel/Selena Gomez - Past Life

TIE: 1. Ava Max - Kings & Queens


Total Score: 118/150 = 78.6% (C+) [Decent]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023