AT40: Trevor Daniel (1) Week Of August 1, 2020

So the month of August is now officially here! I'm sure hoping that everyone's been staying safe this month. As far as the countdown goes, things are looking very interesting. We do have another brand new #1 song on there, which was so nice to see. I'll get to that later on in this post, but for now, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Ariana Grande/Justin Bieber - Stuck With U

Jonas Brothers/Karol G - X

Arizona Zervas - Roxanne


Last Week's #1 Song: The Weeknd - Blinding Lights

The Countdown:

#40. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#40)

#39. Surf Mesa/Emilee - ILY (DEBUT)

#38. The Weeknd - Heartless (#37)

#37. Young T & Bugsey/Headie One - Don't Rush (#38)

#36. Blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer (#35)

#35. AJR - Bang! (DEBUT)

#34. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted (#33)

#33. Jack Harlow - What's Poppin (DEBUT)

#32. Black Eyed Peas/J. Balvin - RITMO (Bad Boys For Life) (#31)

#31. Cyn - Drinks (#34)

#30. Jackson Wang - 100 Ways (#30)

#29. Katy Perry - Daisies (#29)

#28. Camila Cabello/DaBaby - My Oh My (#27)

#27. Diplo/Morgan Wallen/Julia Michaels - Heartless (#26)

#26. Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo - Savage Love (#36)

#25. Maren Morris - The Bones (#23)

#24. Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul - Mamacita (#25)

#23. Trevor Daniel/Selena Gomez - Past Life (#28)

#22. Doja Cat/Gucci Mane - Like That (#22)

#21. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope (#24)

#20. Post Malone - Circles (#16)

#19. JP Saxe/Julia Michaels - If The World Was Ending (#21)

#18. Marshmello/Halsey - Be Kind (#17)

#17. DaBaby/Roddy Ricch - Rockstar (#19)

#16. Lil Mosey - Blueberry Faygo (#18)

#15. Powfu/beebadoobee - Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head) (#15)

#14. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now (#13)

#13. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely (#14)

#12. Surfaces - Sunday Best (#12)

#11. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande - Rain On Me (#10)

#10. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go (#11)

#9. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions (#6)

#8. Doja Cat - Say So (#4)

#7. Harry Styles - Adore You (#7)

#6. Megan Thee Stallion - Savage (#8)

#5. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar (#9)

#4. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses (#5)

#3. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart (#3)

#2. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (#1)

#1. Trevor Daniel - Falling (#2) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care (1 of 2 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I’m so glad about Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo - Savage Love (+10) getting the biggest jump this week. That was the best week for them!

Post Malone - Circles and Doja Cat - Say So (-4) were all tied for the biggest drop this week. I’m actually pleased about the first one, but for the other one, I’m okay with it.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Surf Mesa/Emilee - ILY: I seriously have no idea what’s going on with this song, but my gosh this song is so horrible. And they actually took the Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head) formula, where they took a few lines and then repeated them over and over and over again throughout the entire song! But you know what? No! That can’t be! Now, on to the song. The production sounded so egregious, Surf Mesa’s vocals were so bad, but not as bad as Powfu’s, but they’re still so bad. And I definitely cannot stand that chorus. So yeah, overall it’s such a horrible song for me. This is definitely going to be in my Bottom 10 Songs of the year just like Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head) is. Hopefully this does not become a hit.


AJR - Bang!: I’ve been hearing this song a lot on Alt Nation. Now, this is absolutely an amazing song and it’s definitely their best song ever. Now, for my opinion, the production sounded amazing, their vocals were amazing, the lyrics are amazing, the chorus was amazing, everything on this song was amazing. Hopefully this should become a hit on there.


Jack Harlow - What’s Poppin: We have another awesome rapper making his debut on there. Now, I’ve gone through my opinion on this one last week when it debuted Hit Bound. The production sounded so outstanding, Jack’s vocals are so awesome, the lyrics are definitely outstanding, and the chorus was absolutely amazing. Let’s see if this one should become a hit on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar: I’m glad it made it’s debut in the Top 5. Now, I’m 100% sure it’s going to be at the top spot very soon. Hopefully it’ll be in there soon.

4. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses: Well, it’s almost in the Top 3. Though I am still giving credit to this song if it’s in the Top 3 soon.

3. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart: I’m still waiting for this song to be at the top spot. But I am sure hoping that it should move up next week.

2. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights: It dropped out of the top spot. Now, I don’t think it’s ever going to be back at the top spot. But I do sure would like this song to stay in the Top 5 for a little bit longer.

1. Trevor Daniel - Falling: This is now his first ever #1 song on there! That was an amazing start for his career. Now, let’s see how long it could hold the spot.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Powfu/beebadoobee - Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head)

19. Surfaces - Sunday Best

18. Post Malone - Circles


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

17. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses


3 - Decent:

16. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions

15. DaBaby/Roddy Ricch - Rockstar

14. Doja Cat - Say So


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

13. JP Saxe/Julia Michaels - If The World Was Ending

12. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely

11. Trevor Daniel - Falling

10. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

9. Dua Lipa - Don’t Start Now

8. Harry Styles - Adore You

7. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go

6. Lil Mosey - Blueberry Faygo

5. Megan Thee Stallion - Savage

4. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart

3. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande - Rain On Me

2. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. Marshmello/Halsey - Be Kind


Total Score: 77/100 = 77% (C+) [Decent]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

  1. I don't know if you'd want to do this, but i figured I'd ask.
    https://bunnyfunny382929.blogspot.com/2022/06/2022-hits-1-olympics.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023