Alesso (1) Week Of August 15, 2020

This countdown looks so interesting this week. We do have another brand new #1 song this week, which was one thing that's interesting. Although we did get rid of a song that's going to be in my Top 10 Songs this week, and of course it will forever be missed. But other than that, I don't  have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande - Rain On Me

Pink Sweat$ - 17

Jackson Wang - 100 Ways


Last Week's #1 Song: Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

The Countdown:

#30. Topic/A7S - Breaking Me (DEBUT)

#29. Dan + Shay - I Should Probably Go To Bed (#30)

#28. Ananya - Let There Be Love (#27)

#27. Billie Eilish - My Future (#28)

#26. Zedd/Jasmine Thompson - Funny (#23)

#25. Kane Brown/Khalid/Swae Lee - Be Like That (#20)

#24. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Wildflower (DEBUT)

#23. Jack Harlow - What's Poppin (#18)

#22. Kygo/OneRepublic - Lose Somebody (#26)

#21. Trevor Daniel/Selena Gomez - Past Life (#21)

#20. Maroon 5 - Nobody's Love (#22)

#19. Doja Cat/Gucci Mane - Like That (RE-ENTRY)

#18. Zoe Wees - Control (#12)

#17. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses (#25)

#16. Katy Perry - Daisies (#19)

#15. Juice WRLD/Marshmello - Come And Go (#14)

#14. Taylor Swift - Cardigan (#15)

#13. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart (#8)

#12. Conan Gray - Heather (#17)

#11. DaBaby/Roddy Ricch - Rockstar (#16)

#10. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope (#9)

#9. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely (#13)

#8. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Old Me (#4)

#7. Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo - Savage Love (#11)

#6. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go (#7)

#5. Ava Max - Kings & Queens (#6)

#4. Blackbear - Me & Ur Ghost (#5)

#3. Ashe/Niall Horan - Moral Of The Story (#3)

#2. Harry Styles -  Watermelon Sugar (#1)

#1. Alesso/Liam Payne - Midnight (#2) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (6 of 9 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm fine with Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses (+8) with the biggest jump this week. I feel like this song managed to do that because of how well it did on the AT40, which is kinda true.

I'm super pleased to see Zoe Wees - Control (-6) taking the biggest drop this week. This deserves it! Now, this better keep dropping and it needs to be out of here very soon!


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Topic/A7S - Breaking Me: Wow, they actually made their first countdown appearance this week? I actually didn't expect that to happen. Now, this is just another mediocre song. There's nothing here that's very interesting about it. Though the production sounded solid, but I'm not really huge on this guy's vocals. The chorus in this one was mediocre, though I do still give credit to those lyrics, because they're actually fine. But this is a mediocre song overall. Let's see how far this one goes.


5 Seconds Of Summer - Wildflower: The best countdown debut this week. Now, this song is joining Old Me on there. This is such an outstanding song. Not as good as Old Me, but it's still outstanding. The production was so awesome, Luke's vocals are so amazing, the lyrics are very nicely-written, and the chorus is what I really enjoyed. Hopefully this one becomes a hit on there.


Doja Cat/Gucci Mane - Like That: I'm fine with this song re-entering the countdown. It's just a decent song. Now, let's see how far this one goes in it's second run.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Ava Max - Kings & Queens: I'm so pleased to see this song in there. This is her second Top 5 song on there. Now, I'm sure hoping that it should be at the top spot very soon.

4. Blackbear - Me & Ur Ghost: I'm okay with it almost in the Top 3. Though if it does go in there within the next week or so, I'll still give credit to it.

3. Ashe/Niall Horan - Moral Of The Story: I'm still waiting for this song to be at the top spot. But hopefully it'll be in there very soon.

2. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar: It dropped out of the top spot this week. Wow, I actually thought it's going to stay in there this week, but it didn't. But it's always nice to have a different song to be #1 on there.

1. Alesso/Liam Payne - Midnight: I'm glad to see this song at the top spot. This is actually his first #1 song on there. Now, I know he has a #1 song on there a couple years ago which was Let Me Go, but it's actually Hailee Steinfeld's song, not his. But I'm glad that this song managed to be his first ever #1 song on there. Now, let's see how long it could hold the spot.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Ananya - Let There Be Love*

2. Jdxn - Angels And Demons

3. DJ Khaled/Drake - Popstar

4. Taylor Swift/Bon Iver - Exile (DEBUT)

5. Niall Horan - Black And White

6. Saweetie - Tap In (DEBUT)

7. Harry Styles - Falling

8. Dixie D'Amelio - Be Happy

9. Juice WRLD - Wishing Well

10. Miley Cyrus - Midnight Sky (DEBUT)

11. Avenue Beat - F2020 (DEBUT)

12. Diplo/Morgan Wallen/Julia Michaels - Heartless (RE-ENTRY)

13. Blackbear - Queen Of Broken Hearts

14. AJR - Bang!

15. Young T & Bugsey/Headie One - Don't Rush

16. Surf Mesa/Emilee - ILY

17. Drake/Lil Durk - Laugh Now Cry Later (DEBUT)


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Taylor Swift/Bon Iver - Exile: Oh boy... I actually didn't expect to not like a song from her. But now, there it is. This is definitely an awful song and it's definitely her worst song ever. Now, on to my opinion. The production here is downright horrible, Taylor's vocals do not sound good at all, I hate Justin Vernon's vocals in his contribution, and my gosh that chorus was so awful. So yeah, we do not need this. It better not be on the countdown.


Saweetie - Tap In: This is another mediocre song. But it's actually way better than My Type, which was actually garbage, but still not quite as good. Now, on to the song. The production here actually sounded great, but I'm still not huge on Saweetie's vocals. Though I am still giving credit to the lyrics, because I think they're actually nicely-written. But this is mediocre overall. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Miley Cyrus - Midnight Sky: This is actually the only great debut we have on here this week. It's actually been like a year since we last heard from her. But now she's back. Now, this is definitely an amazing song. It's definitely a step up from Mother's Daughter. The production is so amazing, Miley's vocals are so fantastic, I'm a fan of the lyrics, and the chorus is super phenomenal. Let's see if this should be on the countdown soon.


Avenue Beat - F2020: What I found interesting about the song is that it's actually all about what's happening this year and they just wanted to move on to the next one. You know what? I have to agree with it. This has got to be the worst year ever because of the COVID-19 pandemic that's been happening throughout this year. Now, for this song, it's actually decent. I actually love the vocals in this one, but I'm not really huge on the production. And I really have no idea why Hits 1 decided to edit out the best part of it (as all of you know what it is). But yeah, it's decent overall. I'm nopt sure if it's actually going to be on the countdown, but we're gonna have to see.


Diplo/Morgan Wallen/Julia Michaels - Heartless: Thank goodness it re-entered Hit Bound when it's not on the Hot 100 anymore? I didn't actually expect it to happen. But I don't think it's going to have another chance to be on the countdown because of that.


Drake/Lil Durk - Laugh Now Cry Later: This is also a decent song. There isn't really interesting to say here. But not as decent as Toosie Slide, but it's still decent. The production here sounded decent, but I actually love Drake's vocals here. He sounded so awesome. And the chorus actually sounded solid. Though I am not a fan of Lil Durk's verse. But yeah, overall it's another decent song. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Zoe Wees - Control

29. Katy Perry - Daisies


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

28. Blackbear - Me & Ur Ghost

27. Topic/A7S - Breaking Me

26. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses


3 - Decent:

25. Doja Cat/Gucci Mane - Like That

24. DaBaby/Roddy Ricch - Rockstar

23. Billie Eilish - My Future


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

22. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely

21. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Wildflower

20. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

19. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Old Me

18. Conan Gray - Heather

17. Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo - Savage Love

16. Jack Harlow - What's Poppin

15. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go

14. Maroon 5 - Nobody's Love

13. Alesso/Liam Payne - Midnight

12. Taylor Swift - Cardigan

11. Juice WRLD/Marshmello - Come And Go

10. Kygo/OneRepublic - Lose Somebody

9. Kane Brown/Khalid/Swae Lee - Be Like That

8. Dan + Shay - I Should Probably Go To Bed

7. Zedd/Jasmine Thompson - Funny

6. Ananya - Let There Be Love

5. Ashe/Niall Horan - Moral Of The Story

4. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope

3. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart

2. Trevor Daniel/Selena Gomez - Past Life


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. Ava Max - Kings & Queens


Total Score: 126/150 = 84% (B) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023