Ashe (1) Week Of August 22, 2020

As far as the countdown goes, it looks super amazing this week. We have yet another amazing brand new #1 song this week, which I'll get to later. And we also got rid of a piece of trash, which was definitely what I'd like to see. Other than that, there's nothing else that's super amazing to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Dua Lipa - Break My Heart

Katy Perry - Daisies [DTHNOBx2]


Last Week's #1 Song: Alesso/Liam Payne - Midnight

The Countdown:

#30. Ananya - Let There Be Love (#28)

#29. Dan + Shay - I Should Probably Go To Bed (#29)

#28. Zedd/Jasmine Thompson - Funny (#26)

#27. Billie Eilish - My Future (#27)

#26. Miley Cyrus - Midnight Sky (DEBUT)

#25. Zoe Wees - Control (#18)

#24. Jack Harlow - What's Poppin (#23)

#23. Kane Brown/Khalid/Swae Lee - Be Like That (#25)

#22. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses (#17)

#21. Maroon 5 - Nobody's Love (#20)

#20. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Wildflower (#24)

#19. Kygo/OneRepublic - Lose Somebody (#22)

#18. Trevor Daniel/Selena Gomez - Past Life (#21)

#17. AJR - Bang! (DEBUT)

#16. Topic/A7S - Breaking Me (#30)

#15. Taylor Swift - Cardigan (#14)

#14. Doja Cat/Gucci Mane - Like That (#19)

#13. Conan Gray - Heather (#12)

#12. DaBaby/Roddy Ricch - Rockstar (#11)

#11. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Old Me (#8)

#10. Juice WRLD/Marshmello - Come And Go (#15)

#9. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go (#6)

#8. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely (#9)

#7. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar (#2)

#6. Alesso/Liam Payne - Midnight (#1)

#5. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope (#10)

#4. Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo - Savage Love (#7)

#3. Ava Max - Kings & Queens (#5)

#2. Blackbear - Me & Ur Ghost (#4)

#1. Ashe/Niall Horan - Moral Of The Story (#3) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (7 of 9 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm okay with Topic/A7S - Breaking Me (+14) taking a massive big jump this week. But I'm not sure if it's going to be in the Top 10 soon.

Thank goodness Zoe Wees - Control (-7) had the biggest drop of the week for the second week in a row! This deserves it! Now, this seriously needs to be out of here within the next week or so and so we don't have anymore bad songs on there.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Miley Cyrus - Midnight Sky: She has finally made her big return on the countdown this week. Now, the last time we heard from her was back last year when Mother's Daughter was on there. And now, for this new song, it is definitely amazing. It's definitely a step up from Mother's Daughter. The production sounded so amazing, Miley's vocals were so fantastic, the lyrics are what I'm a fan of, and the chorus was super phenomenal. Let's see how far this one goes.


AJR - Bang!: The best countdown debut this week. I've been hearing this song a lot on Alt Nation. Now, this is definitely their best song ever so far. Now, for my opinion, the production here is so amazing, the vocals were so amazing, the lyrics are so amazing, the chorus was so amazing, everything on this song was so amazing. Hopefully this one does so amazing on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope: I'm super pleased to see it debut the Top 5 on there. This was actually her first Top 5 song on there. Now, I'm sure hoping it should be in the Top 3 soon.

4. Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo - Savage Love: It also debuted the Top 5 this week. I'm glad to see it there. Now, let's see if this should be in the Top 3 within the next week or so.

3. Ava Max - Kings & Queens: I'm super duper pleased to see this song in the Top 3. Now, I'm sure hoping this should be her first #1 song on here since Sweet But Psycho failed to be in there, because it's such a pretty heavenly song.

2. Blackbear - Me & Ur Ghost: Well, it's almost at the top spot. Though if this song goes to the top spot, I'll still give credit to it. But I'm not sure if it's going to happen.

1. Ashe/Niall Horan - Moral Of The Story: I'm so pleased that this song managed to be at the top spot. This is now officially her first ever #1 song on there. Now, let's see how long it could hold the spot.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Ananya - Let There Be Love*

2. Dixie D'Amelio - Be Happy

3. Juice WRLD - Wishing Well

4. Harry Styles - Falling

5. Diplo/Morgan Wallen/Julia Michaels - Heartless

6. Curtis Waters/Harm Franklin - Stunnin' (DEBUT)

7. Niall Horan - Black And White

8. Surf Mesa/Emilee - ILY

9. Jxdn - Angels And Demons

10. 24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood (DEBUT)

11. Saweetie - Tap In

12. Blu DeTiger - Figure It Out (DEBUT)

13. Blackbear - Queen Of Broken Hearts

14. Avenue Beat - F2020

15. BTS - Dynamite (DEBUT)

16. Drake/Lil Durk - Laugh Now Cry Later


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Curtis Waters/Harm Franklin - Stunnin': This is just another decent song. There's really nothing here that's interesting about it. I guess I'd say that the production here is solid, but I'm not really huge on Curtis's vocals and I don't think Harm Franklin sounds good in his contribution. So yeah, decent song overall. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood: This is actually better than his other song, City Of Angels, but it's still not that great. It's also a decent song. Though the production did sound better, but I still don't like Goldn's vocals. Although I do like Iann Dior's verse. He sounded so awesome on there. But other than that, I'll still give credit to that chorus. But yeah, it's another decent song. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Blu DeTiger - Figure It Out: I've been hearing this song a lot on Alt Nation. It's definitely an outstanding song. The production here is so outstanding, her vocals are absolutely amazing, the lyrics are very nicely-written, and I really enjoyed that chorus. Hopefully this should be her first countdown appearance and if it does, I'm sure hoping it should do better than the Alt-18.


BTS - Dynamite: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. This is definitely a heavenly song and it's actually better than Make It Right. It's definitely their best song ever. The production is so heavenly, the vocals are super heavenly, the lyrics are heavenly, the chorus was absolutely heavenly, everything here is heavenly. This is definitely going to be in my Top 5 Songs of the year when it makes the countdown soon. I'm sure hoping it should happen.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Zoe Wees - Control


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

29. Blackbear - Me & Ur Ghost

28. Topic/A7S - Breaking Me

27. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses


3 - Decent:

26. Doja Cat/Gucci Mane - Like That

25. DaBaby/Roddy Ricch - Rockstar

24. Billie Eilish - My Future


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

23. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely

22. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Wildflower

21. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

20. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Old Me

19. Conan Gray - Heather

18. Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo - Savage Love

17. Jack Harlow - What's Poppin

16. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go

15. Maroon 5 - Nobody's Love

14. Alesso/Liam Payne - Midnight

13. Taylor Swift - Cardigan

12. Miley Cyrus - Midnight Sky

11. Juice WRLD/Marshmello - Come And Go

10. Kygo/OneRepublic - Lose Somebody

9. Kane Brown/Khalid/Swae Lee - Be Like That

8. Dan + Shay - I Should Probably Go To Bed

7. Zedd/Jasmine Thompson - Funny

6. Ananya - Let There Be Love

5. Ashe/Niall Horan - Moral Of The Story

4. AJR - Bang!

3. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope

2. Trevor Daniel/Selena Gomez - Past Life


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. Ava Max - Kings & Queens


Total Score: 131/150 = 87.3% (B+) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023