AT40: Harry Styles (1) Week Of August 15, 2020

So the NBA Playoffs are starting this week. I actually can't wait to watch those games and see who wins it all during that. Hopefully it'll be a great team who should win it. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, it's looking great. We did get rid of one piece of trash, which was amazing. Other than that, I don't have anything else to say, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Surfaces - Sunday Best

Maren Morris - The Bones


Last Week's #1 Song: Dua Lipa - Break My Heart

The Countdown:

#40. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#40)

#39. Cyn - Drinks (#30)

#38. Blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer (#37)

#37. Kelsea Ballerini/Halsey - The Other Girl (#38)

#36. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted (#35)

#35. Surf Mesa/Emilee - ILY (#36)

#34. Black Eyed Peas/J. Balvin - RITMO (Bad Boys For Life) (#33)

#33. AJR - Bang! (#34)

#32. Young T & Bugsey/Headie One - Don't Rush (#32)

#31. Maroon 5 - Nobody's Love (DEBUT)

#30. Camila Cabello/DaBaby - My Oh My (#29)

#29. Topic/A7S - Breaking Me (#39)

#28. Katy Perry - Daisies (#28)

#27. Post Malone - Circles (#24)

#26. Jack Harlow - What's Poppin (#31)

#25. Jackson Wang - 100 Ways (#26)

#24. Kane Brown/Khalid/Swae Lee - Be Like That (DEBUT)

#23. Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul - Mamacita (#23)

#22. Diplo/Morgan Wallen/Julia Michaels - Heartless (#25)

#21. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now (#17)

#20. Doja Cat/Gucci Mane - Like That (#22)

#19. Trevor Daniel/Selena Gomez - Past Life (#20)

#18. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope (#21)

#17. JP Saxe/Julia Michaels - If The World Was Ending (#16)

#16. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions (#13)

#15. Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo - Savage Love (#19)

#14. Lil Mosey - Blueberry Faygo (#15)

#13. DaBaby/Roddy Ricch - Rockstar (#14)

#12. Doja Cat - Say So (#9)

#11. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande - Rain On Me (#10)

#10. Powfu/beebadoobee - Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head) (#12)

#9. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely (#11)

#8. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go (#8)

#7. Trevor Daniel - Falling (#4)

#6. Megan Thee Stallion - Savage (#6)

#5. Harry Styles - Adore You (#7)

#4. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses (#5)

#3. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (#3)

#2. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart (#1)

#1. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar (#2) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (1 of 3 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm okay with Topic/A7S - Breaking Me (+10) having the biggest jump this week. I'll still give credit to that, because this is a mediocre song.

I'm also fine with Cyn - Drinks (-9) having the biggest drop this week. I actually didn't expect that to happen, but down it goes.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Maroon 5 - Nobody's Love: This is such an outstanding song and it's definitely a step up from Memories. Now, on to my opinion. The production here was absolutely awesome, Adam's vocals are remarkable, those lyrics are so nicely-written, and that chorus is so outstanding. Now, I'm sure this song is going to be a hit on there. Let's see if it does.


Kane Brown/Khalid/Swae Lee - Be Like That: Now, last year, he brought us One Thing Right with Marshmello, and that was a song that I've actually enjoyed if you guys remembered. Now, for this new song, it's definitely amazing. It does feel like an R&B song instead of a country song, and it wasn't actually on The Highway because of what the song feels like. It should've been on there though. Now, on to the song. The production sounded so outstanding, Kane's vocals are pretty amazing, Khalid's vocals are absolutely incredible in his contribution, the chorus was so amazing, and Swae Lee's verse sounded marvelous. So yeah, it's such a fun song for me. Let's see how far this one goes.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Harry Styles - Adore You: Wow, I actually didn't expect this song to be back in there! But I think it might leave here next week.

4. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses: I'm okay with this song going back up. But I'm not sure if it's going to be in the Top 3 or not, but we're gonna have to see.

3. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights: I'm pleased about this song still in there. But I think it should be out of there within the next week or so.

2. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart: It dropped out of the top spot. But it sure did had a nice run in there last week. Though I'm not sure if it's ever coming back to that spot.

1. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar: Huh, I actually knew it was going to be at the top spot this week. But I'm glad it's in there. Now, I do have a feeling that this song might stay at that spot for a while because of what it did on the Hits 1 Weekend Countdown. Let's see how long it could stay in there.


Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:


Zedd/Jasmine Thompson - Funny

Kygo/OneRepublic - Lose Somebody

Juice WRLD/Marshmello - Come And Go

Ava Max - Kings & Queens

Taylor Swift - Cardigan


And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:


Lauv - I Like Me Better

Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa - One Kiss

Ariana Grande - 7 Rings

Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over

Ashe - Moral Of The Story

Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk

Meghan Trainor - All About That Bass

Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower

Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho

Jonas Brothers - Only Human


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Powfu/beebadoobee - Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head)


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

19. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses


3 - Decent:

18. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions

17. Doja Cat/Gucci Mane - Like That

16. DaBaby/Roddy Ricch - Rockstar

15. Doja Cat - Say So


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

14. JP Saxe/Julia Michaels - If The World Was Ending

13. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely

12. Trevor Daniel - Falling

11. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

10. Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo - Savage Love

9. Harry Styles - Adore You

8. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go

7. Lil Mosey - Blueberry Faygo

6. Megan Thee Stallion - Savage

5. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope

4. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart

3. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande - Rain On Me

2. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. Trevor Daniel/Selena Gomez - Past Life


Total Score: 85/100 = 85% (B) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023