AT40: Harry Styles (2) Week Of August 22, 2020

So Shaggy guest-hosted the AT40 this week because Ryan Seacrest has the weekend off. I thought he did a nice job at guest-hosting it. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, it's looking so great. We do have some okay exits. But we did get rid of a super duper old song, which was a great thing. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Black Eyed Peas/J. Balvin - RITMO (Bad Boys For Life)

Cyn - Drinks

Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved


Last Week's #1 Song: Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

The Countdown:

#40. Blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer (#38)

#39. Kygo/OneRepublic - Lose Somebody (DEBUT)

#38. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted (#36)

#37. Kelsea Ballerini/Halsey - The Other Girl (#37)

#36. Camila Cabello/DaBaby - My Oh My (#30)

#35. Surf Mesa/Emilee - ILY (#35)

#34. AJR - Bang! (#33)

#33. Young T & Bugsey/Headie One - Don't Rush (#32)

#32. Katy Perry - Daisies (#28)

#31. Juice WRLD/Marshmello - Come And Go (DEBUT)

#30. Taylor Swift - Cardigan (DEBUT)

#29. Post Malone - Circles (#27)

#28. Jackson Wang - 100 Ways (#25)

#27. Topic/A7S - Breaking Me (#29)

#26. Jack Harlow - What's Poppin (#26)

#25. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now (#21)

#24. Diplo/Morgan Wallen/Julia Michaels - Heartless (#22)

#23. Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul - Mamacita (#23)

#22. Kane Brown/Khalid/Swae Lee - Be Like That (#24)

#21. Maroon 5 - Nobody's Love (#31)

#20. Doja Cat/Gucci Mane - Like That (#20)

#19. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande - Rain On Me (#11)

#18. Trevor Daniel/Selena Gomez - Past Life (#19)

#17. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions (#16)

#16. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope (#18)

#15. JP Saxe/Julia Michaels - If The World Was Ending (#17)

#14. Doja Cat - Say So (#12)

#13. Lil Mosey - Blueberry Faygo (#14)

#12. Trevor Daniel - Falling (#7)

#11. Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo - Savage Love (#15)

#10. Megan Thee Stallion - Savage (#6)

#9. DaBaby/Roddy Ricch - Rockstar (#13)

#8. Powfu/beebadoobee - Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head) (#10)

#7. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely (#9)

#6. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go (#8)

#5. Harry Styles - Adore You (#5)

#4. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses (#4)

#3. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (#3)

#2. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart (#2)

#1. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar (#1) [2nd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (2 of 3 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm glad to see Maroon 5 - Nobody's Love (+10) gaining lots of airplay on the pop radio charts. Now, hopefully it'll be in the Top 20 next week.

I'm not too thrilled about Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande - Rain On Me (-8) taking the biggest drop this week. Though it is going to be the end of it.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Kygo/OneRepublic - Lose Somebody: The best debut this week. This is such an amazing EDM song. I'm pleased that he's back in there. He's such an extremely talented EDM producer. Now, I've gone through this song a couple weeks ago back when it debuted the countdown. The production here is so amazing, Ryan's vocals are so phenomenal, the chorus was amazing, and I stand for that drop. Hopefully this one becomes a hit.


Juice WRLD/Marshmello - Come And Go: Thank goodness we have a much better song from him on there. Now, as you all remember, Lucid Dreams was in my Bottom 5 Songs of 2018. Now, as for this new song, it's way better. Now, on to the song. The production was so amazing, Juice's vocals are so much better than in Lucid Dreams, the chorus is so amazing, and I fell in love with the drop. Hopefully this one does amazing on there.


Taylor Swift - Cardigan: This is also another amazing song. Though not as good as Cruel Summer, but it's still amazing. The instrumentation and production here is so amazing, Taylor's vocals are absolutely marvelous, the lyrics are super amazing, and I stand for that chorus. So yeah, it's such an enjoyable song for me. Hopefully this one becomes a massive hit on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Harry Styles - Adore You: Wow, how on earth did it managed to stay in the Top 5? I actually didn't think it was going to be in there this week, but thank goodness it's still in there.

4. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses: I'm okay with it still in that spot. But yeah, I don't think it's going to be in the Top 3. This might be dropping anytime soon.

3. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights: I actually thought it's out of the Top 3 this week, but I'm super pleased that it's actually still in there. But I'm sure it'll be out of there next week.

2. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart: I feel like this song should hang around in that spot for a while. But I'm sure hoping this shouldn't start dropping next week.

1. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I'm so glad that it's still in there. I have a feeling that this song should stay in there for a couple more weeks or so.


Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:


Zedd/Jasmine Thompson - Funny

Ava Max - Kings & Queens

Billie Eilish - My Future

DJ Khaled/Drake - Popstar


And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:


Jason Derulo - Whatcha Say

Shaggy/Sting - Angel

Justin Bieber - Love Yourself

B.O.B./Bruno Mars - Nothin' On You

Shaggy/Rayvon - It Wasn't Me

Justin Timberlake - SexyBack

Shaggy/Mohombi/Faydee/Costi - I Need Your Love

Maroon 5/Kendrick Lamar - Don't Wanna Know

Shaggy/Amber Lee - Luv Me Luv Me


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Powfu/beebadoobee - Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head)


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

19. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses


3 - Decent:

18. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions

17. Doja Cat/Gucci Mane - Like That

16. DaBaby/Roddy Ricch - Rockstar

15. Doja Cat - Say So


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

14. JP Saxe/Julia Michaels - If The World Was Ending

13. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely

12. Trevor Daniel - Falling

11. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

10. Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo - Savage Love

9. Harry Styles - Adore You

8. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go

7. Lil Mosey - Blueberry Faygo

6. Megan Thee Stallion - Savage

5. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope

4. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart

3. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande - Rain On Me

2. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. Trevor Daniel/Selena Gomez - Past Life


Total Score: 85/100 = 85% (B) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023