AT40: Harry Styles (3) Week Of August 29, 2020

So this has actually been a sad week this week because we lost Chadwick Boseman, another celebrity who starred in a lot of movies. It has actually been a couple years since his movie Black Panther came out and it is so sad to see him go. I feel so bad about and it actually broke my heart. Though I do like to play the Black Panther album as a tribute to him sometime soon (though one of the songs from that album was in my Top 3 Songs of 2018 as you all remembered what it is). Rest in peace, Chadwick. But other than that, the countdown still looks great this week. So, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande - Rain On Me

Jackson Wang - 100 Ways


Last Week's #1 Song: Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

The Countdown:

#40. Blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer (#40)

#39. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted (#38)

#38. Katy Perry - Daisies (#32)

#37. Camila Cabello/DaBaby - My Oh My (#36)

#36. Kelsea Ballerini/Halsey - The Other Girl (#37)

#35. Ava Max - Kings & Queens (DEBUT)

#34. Kygo/OneRepublic - Lose Somebody (#39)

#33. Surf Mesa/Emilee - ILY (#35)

#32. Young T & Bugsey/Headie One - Don't Rush (#33)

#31. Post Malone - Circles (#29)

#30. AJR - Bang! (#34)

#29. Billie Eilish - My Future (DEBUT)

#28. Megan Thee Stallion - Savage (#10) [???]

#27. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now (#25)

#26. Topic/A7S - Breaking Me (#27)

#25. Juice WRLD/Marshmello - Come And Go (#31)

#24. Diplo/Morgan Wallen/Julia Michaels - Heartless (#24)

#23. Jack Harlow - What's Poppin (#26)

#22. Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul - Mamacita (#23)

#21. Kane Brown/Khalid/Swae Lee - Be Like That (#22)

#20. Taylor Swift - Cardigan (#30)

#19. Doja Cat/Gucci Mane - Like That (#20)

#18. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions (#17)

#17. Maroon 5 - Nobody's Love (#21)

#16. Trevor Daniel/Selena Gomez - Past Life (#18)

#15. Trevor Daniel - Falling (#12)

#14. Doja Cat - Say So (#14)

#13. JP Saxe/Julia Michaels - If The World Was Ending (#15)

#12. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope (#16)

#11. Lil Mosey - Blueberry Faygo (#13)

#10. Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo - Savage Love (#11)

#9. Powfu/beebadoobee - Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head) (#8)

#8. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely (#7)

#7. DaBaby/Roddy Ricch - Rockstar (#9)

#6. Harry Styles - Adore You (#5)

#5. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go (#6)

#4. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (#3)

#3. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses (#4)

#2. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart (#2)

#1. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar (#1) [3rd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (3rd and final week at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm super glad about Taylor Swift - Cardigan (+10) having a big jump all the way to the Top 20 this week. What a week for this song!

I'm not surprised to see Megan Thee Stallion - Savage (-18) taking a massive big drop this week. This does not deserve that! But I'm sure hoping it should move back up soon.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Ava Max - Kings & Queens: The best debut this week. This is definitely a pretty heavenly song and it's on the same level as Sweet But Psycho. The production is pretty heavenly, Ava's vocals were pretty heavenly, the lyrics are pretty heavenly, the chorus was pretty heavenly, everything on this song was pretty heavenly. This is definitely going to be on my Top 10 Songs of the year like Sweet But Psycho was last year, being as my #6 song of the year. And maybe it'll be at the same spot where it was. And I'm sure this'll definitely do amazing on there.


Billie Eilish - My Future: This is another decent song. I know she's been making some decent music recently mainly because her childish voice was my issue. But I think her songs will be better when she grows up and gets a new voice. Anyway. Now, let's get to the song. The production sounded solid, Billie's vocals are decent, and that chorus was fine. Let's see how far this one goes.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go: I'm glad to see this song debut the Top 5. Now, I'm sure hoping it should be in the Top 3 soon. Let's see if it happens.

4. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights: I was just going to say that it's out of the Top 3 this week. Now, I'm sure it's going to be out of the Top 5 very soon.

3. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses: Wow, I actually didn't expect this song to be in the Top 3. Though I'm actually okay with this song in there. Though I don't think it's going to be at the top spot.

2. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart: I betcha this song was at that spot for a while because of what's going on with our current #1 song. But I don't think it's going to be back at the top spot. I feel like it might drop very soon.

1. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar: Holding the top spot for the 3rd week in a row. I'm super glad to see it still in there. Now, let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:


DJ Khaled/Drake - Popstar

Zedd/Jasmine Thompson - Funny

Avenue Beat - F2020


And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:


Marshmello/Halsey - Be Kind

Charlie Puth - One Call Away

Ashe/Niall Horan - Moral Of The Story

The Weeknd - Heartless

Maren Morris - The Bones

Harry Styles - Sign Of The Times

Arizona Zervas - Roxanne

Cyn - Drinks

Tones And I  - Dance Monkey

Surfaces - Sunday Best

Sabrina Carpenter - Almost Love

Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Powfu/beebadoobee - Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head)


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

19. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses


3 - Decent:

18. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions

17. Doja Cat/Gucci Mane - Like That

16. DaBaby/Roddy Ricch - Rockstar

15. Doja Cat - Say So


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

14. JP Saxe/Julia Michaels - If The World Was Ending

13. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely

12. Trevor Daniel - Falling

11. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

10. Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo - Savage Love

9. Harry Styles - Adore You

8. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go

7. Maroon 5 - Nobody's Love

6. Taylor Swift - Cardigan

5. Lil Mosey - Blueberry Faygo

4. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope

3. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart

2. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Trevor Daniel/Selena Gomez - Past Life


Total Score: 85/100 = 85% (B) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023