AT40: Harry Styles (4) Week Of September 5, 2020

So we are now officially in the month of September. I hope everyone is having a great Labor Day weekend. I start school on Tuesday, and I'm going to be a senior in high school. And this is going to be my last year in high school before I graduate and head off to college next year. Although I do have some online classes this school year, which sucks. But I can't wait to go back to school in person sometime this school year. Though I do need to wear my mask when I come to school just so I could not get the coronavirus. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes this week, it actually looks amazing. So, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Megan Thee Stallion - Savage

Young T & Bugsey/Headie One - Don't Rush

Katy Perry - Daisies

Blackbear - Hot Girl Bummer


Last Week's #1 Song: Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

The Countdown:

#40. Billie Eilish - Everything I Wanted (#39)

#39. Zedd/Jasmine Thompson - Funny (DEBUT)

#38. Camila Cabello/DaBaby - My Oh My (#37)

#37. DJ Khaled/Drake - Popstar (DEBUT)

#36. Ashe/Niall Horan - Moral Of The Story (DEBUT)

#35. Avenue Beat - F2020 (DEBUT)

#34. Kelsea Ballerini/Halsey - The Other Girl (#36)

#33. Ava Max - Kings & Queens (#35)

#32. Post Malone - Circles (#31)

#31. Kygo/OneRepublic - Lose Somebody (#34)

#30. Lil Mosey - Blueberry Faygo (#19)

#29. Surf Mesa/Emilee - ILY (#33)

#28. Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now (#27)

#27. Diplo/Morgan Wallen/Julia Michaels - Heartless (#24)

#26. AJR - Bang! (#30)

#25. Billie Eilish - My Future (#29)

#24. Topic/A7S - Breaking Me (#26)

#23. Trevor Daniel - Falling (#15)

#22. Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul - Mamacita (#22)

#21. Jack Harlow - What's Poppin (#23)

#20. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions (#18)

#19. Kane Brown/Khalid/Swae Lee - Be Like That (#21)

#18. Taylor Swift - Cardigan (#20)

#17. Juice WRLD/Marshmello - Come And Go (#25)

#16. Doja Cat/Gucci Mane - Like That (#19)

#15. Trevor Daniel/Selena Gomez - Past Life (#16)

#14. Doja Cat - Say So (#14)

#13. Maroon 5 - Nobody's Love (#17)

#12. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope (#12)

#11. JP Saxe/Julia Michaels - If The World Was Ending (#13)

#10. Powfu/beebadoobee - Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head) (#9)

#9. Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo - Savage Love (#10)

#8. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely (#8)

#7. Harry Styles - Adore You (#6)

#6. DaBaby/Roddy Ricch - Rockstar (#7)

#5. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (#4)

#4. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go (#5)

#3. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses (#3)

#2. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart (#2)

#1. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar (#1) [4th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Shawn Mendes/Camila Cabello - Senorita (1 of 4 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so pleased to see Juice WRLD/Marshmello - Come And Go (+8) taking a big jump this week into the Top 20. Now, hopefully it'll be in the Top 10 soon.

I'm not too thrilled to see Lil Mosey - Blueberry Faygo (-11) with the biggest drop. This does not deserve to have that! But hopefully it'll be back up soon.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Zedd/Jasmine Thompson - Funny: He has finally made his return on there. I know he has been a talented EDM producer, but I know there are some songs that I do not like from him, and we know one of them is The Middle. Now, for this song, it's such an amazing EDM song. The production is super outstanding, Jasmine's vocals are absolutely amazing, the lyrics were so interesting, the chorus is so amazing, and the drop was so phenomenal. And of course it has the ticking clock in the chorus just like in Stay, The Middle, and the Lost In Japan remix. But yeah, it's amazing overall. Let's see how far this one goes.


DJ Khaled/Drake - Popstar: The best debut this week. Gosh, we've been waiting for him to make his return on there. And now, here he is. Now, he had 2 songs that were in my Top 5 Songs of the year back in 2017, from which you all remembered. Now, as for this new song, it's super heavenly. The production is so heavenly, Drake's vocals were absolutely heavenly especially in the verses, the lyrics were so phenomenal, and the chorus was super heavenly. Though unfortunately, it has failed to be in my Top 5 Songs of the year because it was a Hit Bound dropout. But don't worry. There's still plenty of time for me to find more songs to make this list. Hopefully there will be some before the year is over. But in the meantime, let's see how far this one goes.


Ashe/Niall Horan - Moral Of The Story: This is absolutely a phenomenal song. I was actually expecting this song to be her first AT40 appearance. And now, there it is. Now, this remix is actually on the same level as the original one. For my opinion, the production is so amazing, Ashe's vocals were so phenomenal, Niall's vocals sounded so amazing in his contribution, and I stand for that chorus. Now, I'm sure this'll become a big hit on there thanks to the help from Niall for this remix. Hopefully this should happen.


Avenue Beat - F2020: As this year has been the worst year ever because of the COVID-19 pandemic that was happening throughout the year, we have this song that's all about what was happening this year and then move on to the next one. And of course, I have to agree with it, because this year sucked. I'm hoping 2021 will be a better year. Now, as for this song, it's decent. I'm not really huge on the production, but I actually love the vocals. I think they sounded awesome. And I actually liked the best part of it. But overall, it's decent. Let's see how far this one goes.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights: Yeah, I'm sure next week it'll be out of the Top 5. But it sure did had an amazing run on there because it has spent a few weeks at the top spot, which was so heavenly.

4. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go: It's almost in the Top 3. Now, I'm sure hoping that this song should be in there within the next week or so.

3. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses: I'm okay with this song still in the Top 3. But I'm sure this should be out of here very soon.

2. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart: How on earth is this song still standing at that spot? I feel like this song was actually waiting to get back to the top spot. But I'm 100% sure it's never going to happen.

1. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar: Holding the top spot for the 4th week in a row. Wow, this song has really become a massive hit everywhere. Now, let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:


Sia - Together

BTS - Dynamite

Chris Brown/Young Thug - Go Crazy

Miley Cyrus - Midnight Sky


And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:


Eminem/Rihanna - Love The Way You Lie

Fitz And The Tantrums - HandClap

Fitz And The Tantrums - I Just Wanna Shine

Nicki Minaj - Starships

Fitz And The Tantrums - The Walker

Panic! At The Disco - I Write Sins Not Tragedies

Fitz And The Tantrums - Out Of My League

Ariana Grande - Into You

Fitz And The Tantrums - 123456


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Powfu/beebadoobee - Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head)


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

19. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses


3 - Decent:

18. Justin Bieber/Quavo - Intentions

17. Doja Cat/Gucci Mane - Like That

16. DaBaby/Roddy Ricch - Rockstar

15. Doja Cat - Say So


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

14. JP Saxe/Julia Michaels - If The World Was Ending

13. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely

12. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

11. Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo - Savage Love

10. Harry Styles - Adore You

9. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go

8. Maroon 5 - Nobody's Love

7. Taylor Swift - Cardigan

6. Juice WRLD/Marshmello - Come And Go

5. Kane Brown/Khalid/Swae Lee - Be Like That

4. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope

3. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart

2. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Trevor Daniel/Selena Gomez - Past Life


Total SWcore: 85/100 = 85% (B) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023