Harry Styles (7) Week Of August 8, 2020

Things are looking so interesting this week on this countdown. We have 7 exits this week, which was crazy. Though one of them is going to be in my Top 10 Songs Of the Year, and it will forever be missed. And there are some interesting debuts and some okay re-entries this week. But I'm gonna get to all of these later on, but for now, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Surfaces - Sunday Best

Marshmello/Halsey - Be Kind

Megan Thee Stallion - Savage

Niall Horan - No Judgement

Lil Mosey - Blueberry Faygo

Powfu/beebadoobee - Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head) [SO LONG YOU PIECE OF TRASH!!!!!!]

Black Eyed Peas/Ozuna/J. Rey Soul - Mamacita


Last Week's #1 Song: Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

The Countdown:

#30. Dan + Shay - I Should Probably Go To Bed (DEBUT)

#29. Jackson Wang - 100 Ways (#30)

#28. Billie Eilish - My Future (DEBUT)

#27. Ananya - Let There Be Love (#29)

#26. Kygo/OneRepublic - Lose Somebody (DEBUT)

#25. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses (#23)

#24. Pink Sweat$ - 17 (#26)

#23. Zedd/Jasmine Thompson - Funny (#27)

#22. Maroon 5 - Nobody's Love (#20)

#21. Trevor Daniel/Selena Gomez - Past Life (#22)

#20. Kane Brown/Khalid/Swae Lee - Be Like That (#24)

#19. Katy Perry - Daisies (RE-ENTRY)

#18. Jack Harlow - What's Poppin (DEBUT)

#17. Conan Gray - Heather (RE-ENTRY)

#16. DaBaby/Roddy Ricch - Rockstar (#15)

#15. Taylor Swift - Cardigan (#18)

#14. Juice WRLD/Marshmello - Come And Go (#25)

#13. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely (#13)

#12. Zoe Wees - Control (#16)

#11. Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo - Savage Love (#17)

#10. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande - Rain On Me (#9)

#9. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope (#10)

#8. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart (#5)

#7. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go (#8)

#6. Ava Max - Kings & Queens (#7)

#5. Blackbear - Me & Ur Ghost (RE-ENTRY)

#4. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Old Me (#4)

#3. Ashe/Niall Horan - Moral Of The Story (#3)

#2. Alesso/Liam Payne - Midnight (#2)

#1. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar (#1) [7th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (7 of 9 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so glad to see Juice WRLD/Marshmello - Come And Go (+11) in the Top 20. Now, I'm sure hoping that it should be in the Top 10 very soon.

Dua Lipa - Break My Heart (-3) had a short biggest drop this week. Though I am actually fine with that. Though it is out of the Top 5, which I'm actually not okay with.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Dan + Shay - I Should Probably Go To Bed: The best countdown debut this week. I've been hearing this song a lot on The Highway. This is definitely an amazing song. Now, on to the song. The production sounded so amazing, the vocals were absolutely phenomenal, and the chorus is what I really enjoyed. And I really love that build-up that leads into the final chorus. It is absolutely heavenly. But yeah, it's definitely an amazing song overall. Let's see if this song should do better than the Highway Hot 30.


Billie Eilish - My Future: This is another decent song. Man, she has been making a lot of decent songs lately. Mainly because if her childish voice which I'm not a fan of. Though I should start liking her music when she grows up and has a new voice. But for now, she still has her childish voice. Now, on to my opinion. The production sounded solid, Billie's vocals are decent, and the chorus was fine. But yeah, overall it's decent. Let's see how far this one goes.


Kygo/OneRepublic - Lose Somebody: He finally made his return on the countdown. Thank goodness I'm pleased to see that. He has been such an extremely talented EDM producer. Now, this is definitely an amazing song. The production in this one sounded so amazing, Ryan's vocals were so phenomenal, the chorus was so amazing, and I stand for that drop. Hopefully this one becomes a hit on there.


Katy Perry - Daisies: No no no... This does not deserve to re-enter the countdown! This seriously needs to be out of here very soon. We do not need this as a hit.


Jack Harlow - What's Poppin: He has made his first countdown appearance this week. Now, this is such an outstanding song. The production here sounded so outstanding, Jack's vocals are so awesome, those lyrics are definitely outstanding, and that chorus was absolutely amazing. But yeah, it's such an outstanding song overall. Let's see how far this one goes.


Conan Gray - Heather: I'm glad to see this song back on the countdown. Though I'm not sure if it's actually going to do better than Maniac, but we're gonna have to see. Now, let's see how far this one goes in it's second run.


Blackbear - Me & Ur Ghost: I was actually surprised about this song re-entering there and especially in the Top 5. Though I'm actually okay with that. I doubt this might become a hit in it's second run. But let's see if that'll happen.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Blackbear - Me & Ur Ghost: This song has made it on there thanks to it's re-entry. Again I'm okay with it being on there, because it's just a mediocre song. Now, let's see if it'll be in the Top 3 or not.

4. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Old Me: Wow, I actually didn't expect this song to still be in there. But I'm sure this song might be dropping within the next week or so.

3. Ashe/Niall Horan - Moral Of The Story: I'm still waiting for this song to be at the top spot. But I'm sure hoping it should be in there very soon.

2. Alesso/Liam Payne - Midnight: I betcha this song was standing at that spot because of what was happening to our current #1 song. But I'm not sure if it's ever going to be at the top spot, but we're gonna have to see though.

1. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar: Holding the top spot for the 7th week in a row. Now, this song is officially halfway there from tying Sucker's record. This only needs 6 more weeks at that spot to tie it. But I don't think it's ever going to happen.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Dan + Shay - I Should Probably Go To Bed (DEBUT*)

2. Lil Mosey - Blueberry Faygo (RE-ENTRY)

3. AJR - Bang!

4. Dixie D'Amelio - Be Happy

5. Doja Cat/Gucci Mane - Like That

6. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Wildflower (RE-ENTRY)

7. Harry Styles - Falling

8. Young T & Bugsey/Headie One - Don't Rush (RE-ENTRY)

9. Surf Mesa/Emilee - ILY

10. Juice WRLD - Wishing Well (DEBUT)

11. Topic/A7S - Breaking Me

12. Jxdn - Angels And Demons (DEBUT)

13. Blackbear - Queen Of Broken Hearts

14. Niall Horan - Black And White

15. DJ Khaled/Drake - Popstar (RE-ENTRY)


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Dan + Shay - I Should Probably Go To Bed: Wow, this was actually the 2nd week in a row we have a song debuting the countdown and Hit Bound at the same time? That's so interesting. And again, this song is going to leave Hit Bound next week, because it's already on the countdown.


Lil Mosey - Blueberry Faygo: I really have no idea why this song left the countdown and back on Hit Bound. This does not deserve to be back in there. Hopefully it'll be back on the countdown soon.


5 Seconds Of Summer - Wildflower: I'm glad to see this song back on there. Now, I'm sure hoping that it should have another chance to be on the countdown. I doubt it's going to happen.


Young T & Bugsey/Headie One - Don't Rush: I actually didn't expect this song to be back on there. But I'm still fine with that, because it's just a decent song. Now, let's see if it'll have another chance to be on the countdown.


Juice WRLD - Wishing Well: This is yet to be another decent song. This is definitely a step down from Come And Go. Now, on to the song. The production and beat here isn't very interesting, but Juice's vocals were just decent. Though I'm not really a fan of those lyrics. But yeah, this is just a decent song. I prefer Come And Go over this. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Jxdn - Angels And Demons: I really have no idea why we have this song, but my gosh he's yet to be another terrible artist. Now, on to the song. The production in this one was so horrible and annoying, his vocals were so awful, those lyrics are a mess, and that chorus is so terrible. So yueah, this is definitely another garbage song. We do not need this song on the countdown.


DJ Khaled/Drake - Popstar: I'm super pleased to see this song back on there. And again, this is going to be in my Top 5 Songs of the year when it debuts the countdown. Let's see if it'll have another chance to be on the countdown soon.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Jackson Wang - 100 Ways

29. Zoe Wees - Control

28. Katy Perry - Daisies


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

27. Blackbear - Me & Ur Ghost

26. Pink Sweat$ - 17

25. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses


3 - Decent:

24. DaBaby/Roddy Ricch - Rockstar

23. Billie Eilish - My Future


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

22. Benee/Gus Dapperton - Supalonely

21. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

20. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Old Me

19. Conan Gray - Heather

18. Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo - Savage Love

17. Jack Harlow - What's Poppin

16. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go

15. Maroon 5 - Nobody's Love

14. Alesso/Liam Payne - Midnight

13. Taylor Swift - Cardigan

12. Juice WRLD/Marshmello - Come And Go

11. Kygo/OneRepublic - Lose Somebody

10. Kane Brown/Khalid/Swae Lee - Be Like That

9. Dan + Shay - I Should Probably Go To Bed

8. Zedd/Jasmine Thompson - Funny

7. Ananya - Let There Be Love

6. Ashe/Niall Horan - Moral Of The Story

5. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope

4. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart

3. Lady Gaga/Ariana Grande - Rain On Me

2. Trevor Daniel/Selena Gomez - Past Life


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. Ava Max - Kings & Queens


Total Score: 123/150 = 82% (B-) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023