2020: A Year In Review, Part 1: My Bottom 10 Songs Of 2020

What a year 2020 was with music. Although I know 2020 has been the worst year ever in our lives because of the COVID-19 pandemic and everything being closed down because of that. Though we do had a lot of amazing music this year, but we also have some garbage music this year and some of them are from artists that I really hate. So, in this post, I'm going to count down my Bottom 10 Songs Of 2020. We know it's not going to be every song that were on Hits 1, but we know most of them are rap music, and rap music is not my genre. So now, let's get to my Bottom 10 Songs Of 2020. But before we do that, let's get to my dishonorable mentions. Those were some songs that did not make the cut. So, here they are:


24kgoldn - City Of Angels

24kgoldn - Valentino

Arizona Zervas - Roxanne

DaBaby - Bop

Justin Bieber - Yummy

Lil Baby - Emotionally Scared

Lil Baby - Sum 2 Prove

Lil Baby - The Bigger Picture

Lil Baby - Woah

Lil Nas X - Panini

Moneybagg Yo - Said Sum

NLE Choppa/Roddy Ricch - Walk Em Down

Pop Smoke/Lil Baby/DaBaby - For The Night

Pop Smoke/Lil Tjay - Mood Swings

Post Malone - Circles

Roddy Ricch/Mustard - High Fashion

Rod Wave/ATR Son Son - Rags2Riches

Rod Wave - Heart On Ice

Surfaces - Sunday Best

Tones And I - Dance Monkey


Bottom 10 Songs Of 2020:


10. Lil Baby/42 Dugg - We Paid - Yes, this is his first appearance on here. I know I've actually been hating his music recently, because he's not a good rapper. And this song is one of them. And I really have no idea what's going on with this song, but my gosh this song is so garbage. There's definitely nothing here that's good to say about it. The production here is so awful, Lil Baby's vocals were so terrible, the lyrics are definitely garbage, and 42 Dugg sounded extremely bad in his verse. So yeah, I'm so done with this song and his music. Let's move on.


9. Juice WRLD/YoungBoy Never Broke Again - Bandit - You know, he had a song that was in there called Lucid Dreams, and it was in my Bottom 10 Songs Of 2018. But it actually ranked higher than this one. Because this song is actually not as bad as Lucid Dreams, but it is still extremely garbage. Now, on to the song. The production here was so boring, Juice's vocals were so terrible, and YoungBoy Never Broke Again's verse sounded so awful. So yeah, this is definitely an extremely garbage song for me. Let's move on.


8. Surf Mesa/Emilee - ILY - I really have no idea why we have this song, but this is definitely an extremely horrible song. Because they actually took the Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head) formula where they actually took a few lines and then repeated them over and over and over and over and over again all throughout the entire song and it gets SUPER DUPER ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!! That is definitely not the kind of formula that I'm in. Anyway, let's get to my opinion. The production was so egregious, Surf Mesa's vocals were so bad, but not as bad as Powfu, but he still sounds bad. The lyrics are not very interesting, and I definitely cannot stand that chorus. So yeah, this is definitely a horrible song for me. Though it did get blocked from going to the top spot on the AT40 thanks to Mood, so that's always a great thing to see. Anyway, let's move on.


7. StaySolidRocky - Party Girl - Wow, another new extremely bad artist making his debut on there? I really have no idea why, because my gosh this is absolutely total garbage. There's definitely nothing here that's good to say about this one at all! For my opinion, the production here is super terrible, his vocals were extremely generic, the lyrics here are not at all good, and that chorus was extremely egregious. So yeah, I really had enough of this song. Let's just move on.


6. Mustard/Roddy Ricch - Ballin' - Yes, this is one of the songs from this collab that managed to be in there. This is definitely a bland and generic song for me. This is definitely worse than High Fashion. Now, on to the song. The production is so bland, Mustard's vocals were absolutely generic, Roddy's vocals do not sound good at all, and the lyrics are insanely awful. They don't fit very well with this song. So yeah, horrible song for me, I'm never going to like this song, that's all. NEXT!


5. Cardi B./Megan Thee Stallion - WAP - Oh gosh, here we go again with more of her music. Again, I really hate her music since I heard Bodak Yellow back in 2017, and this was in my Bottom 3 Songs back then from which you all remembered. And now, here she is again. This is definitely an insanely awful song. For my opinion, the production here is absolutely egregious, Cardi's vocals were extremely terrible, Megan's vocals were actually so bad, and the lyrics are a huge mess. So yeah, extremely terrible song, I had enough of her music, she seriously needs to stop making new music forever. NEXT!


4. Powfu/beabadoobee - Death Bed (Coffee For Your Head) - I really don't understand anything about this song, but my gosh this is definitely a humongous piece of trash. I've actually been hearing this song before on Alt Nation this year and it is insanely awful. This has got to be one of the worst songs that I've ever heard on Alt Nation. Now, as for my opinion, the production here was insanely awful, Powfu's rapping sounded egregious, and I really can't stand those backup vocals in the chorus and then repeated the lines over and over and over and over and over all throughout the entire song. This definitely gets so annoying for doing that. So yeah, definitely not a good song, I'm never ever going to like this song, that's all. Let's move on.


3. Young Thug/Gunna - Hot - Yes, this is the second year in a row that he appeared on this list. Now, last year, he collaborated with Post Malone on the song Goodbyes, and this was in my Bottom 10 Songs list if you all remembered. And now, here he is again on there. This is definitely an extremely egregious song. As for my opinion, the production here was super egregious, Young Thug's vocals were extremely generic, Gunna's vocals in her contribution sounded so bad, and that chorus was so egregious. I know Gunna actually doesn't sound bad in Lemonade, but overall, it's extremely egregious. Let's move on.


2. YNW Melly/Juice WRLD - Suicidal - This is absolutely his worst song ever and it's definitely worse than Murder On My Mind. This is definitely a grating song. Now, as for my opinion, the production here is so grating, YNW Melly's vocals were extremely egregious, Juice's vocals were insanely awful in his contribution, I really hate those lyrics, and my gosh that chorus was super grating. So yeah, definitely not a great song for me, I really don't want to hear this song ever again, that's it. Let's move on to my worst song of the year.


1. Jhene Aiko - Pussy Fairy (OTW) - This is it. My worst song of this year. This is absolutely the worst rap song that I've ever heard this year. It's definitely an extremely grating song. Now, on to my opinion. The production here is extremely grating, the vocals were extremely grating, the lyrics are extremely grating, the chorus was extremely grating, everything on this song was extremely grating. So yeah, this is the worst song I've ever heard this year. I'm so done listening to this song. I really don't want to listen to it again forever, because it is an extremely grating song.


And there you have it, these were my Bottom 10 Songs Of 2020. Don't forget, we have Part 2 of the year in review, we also have my Top 10 Songs Of 2020 post, and the Hits 1 Year-End countdown post coming soon. So, stay tuned for those posts. Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have about my bottom 10 songs of the year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023