AT40: 24kgoldn (5) Week Of December 12, 2020

So my birthday was yesterday. I've now turned 18. Can you believe it? I am now an adult and not a teenager anymore! Also, from what I've heard on the news on Monday, the closures of restaurants and schools got extended to December 19. And I'm so mad to see that. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought it actually looks great this week. Though half of our debuts this week where great, but I'll get to them later. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Travis Scott/Young Thug/M.I.A. - Franchise

G-Eazy/Blackbear - Hate The Way


Last Week's #1 Song: 24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood

The Countdown:

#40. Doja Cat - Say So (#39)

#39. Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love (DEBUT)

#38. JP Saxe/Julia Michaels - If The World Was Ending (#37)

#37. Zara Larsson - WOW (#36)

#36. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses (#35)

#35. Internet Money/Gunna/Don Toliver/Nav - Lemonade (#38)

#34. Jason Derulo - Take You Dancing (#33)

#33. Harry Styles - Adore You (#31)

#32. Conan Gray - Heather (#32)

#31. Shawn Mendes/Justin Bieber - Monster (DEBUT)

#30. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First (#34)

#29. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend (#29)

#28. Joel Corry/MNEK - Head And Heart (#27)

#27. DaBaby/Roddy Ricch - Rockstar (#22)

#26. Ariana Grande - 34 + 35 (#30)

#25. Bebe Rexha/Doja Cat - Baby I'm Jealous (#25)

#24. Why Don't We - Fallin' (#24)

#23. Zoe Wees - Control (#23)

#22. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart (#20)

#21. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am (#26)

#20. Harry Styles - Golden (#21)

#19. Shawn Mendes - Wonder (#16)

#18. Justin Bieber/Benny Blanco - Lonely (#19)

#17. Sam Smith - Diamonds (#17)

#16. Chris Brown/Young Thug - Go Crazy (#18)

#15. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar (#8)

#14. AJR - Bang! (#15)

#13. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go (#11)

#12. Drake/Lil Durk - Laugh Now Cry Later (#14)

#11. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (#10)

#10. Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo - Savage Love (#7)

#9. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (#13)

#8. Kane Brown/Khalid/Swae Lee - Be Like That (#9)

#7. Ariana Grande - Positions (#12)

#6. BTS - Dynamite (#6)

#5. Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - Holy (#5)

#4. Surf Mesa/Emilee - ILY (#2)

#3. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope (#4)

#2. Ava Max - Kings & Queens (#3)

#1. 24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood (#1) [5th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Lizzo - Good As Hell (2 of 6 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am and Ariana Grande - Positions (+5) were tied for the biggest jump this week. Though I'm actually fine with the first one, but for the other one, I'm super pleased to see.

Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar (-7) is finally about to lose some airplay. Though it did had an amazing run on the pop radio charts. But it's always nice to see something new.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love: We now get to hear the late version of him for the first time on there. But I gotta say, this song is actually decent. There isn't really interesting to say about this song. Though the production here sounded so awesome, but I'm not really huge on this guy's vocals and the chorus was just decent. But the lyrics are actually amazing. But it's a decent song overall. Let's see how far this one goes.


Shawn Mendes/Justin Bieber - Monster: Since Wonder has been doing so well on the pop radio charts, this song has now made it's debut on there. Now, this is definitely an amazing song and it's definitely a step up from Wonder. The production here was so outstanding, Shawn's vocals were so amazing, Justin's vocals were also so amazing in his contribution, those lyrics were so interesting, and that chorus was super amazing. Let's see if this one does well on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - Holy: I'm fine with this song still holding in there. But I'm sure this might go to the Top 3 sometime soon.

4. Surf Mesa/Emilee - ILY: Thank goodness it's out of the Top 3! Now, this better be out of the Top 5 very soon. I've had enough of this song.

3. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope: Wow, I actually didn't expect this song to be back in the Top 3 this week. But I'm pleased that it's in there. But I'm sure this should be out of here within the next week or so.

2. Ava Max - Kings & Queens: It's almost at the top spot! Now, I'm sure hoping that it should be in there very soon, because it's such a pretty heavenly song.

1. 24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood: Holding the top spot for the 5th week in a row. Well, thank goodness it has blocked ILY from going to the top spot, which was always a great thing. But again I'm fine with this song still in there. Now, let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Surf Mesa/Emilee - ILY


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

19. 24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood

18. Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - Holy

17. Chris Brown/Young Thug - Go Crazy

16. Drake/Lil Durk - Laugh Now Cry Later


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

15. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar

14. Sam Smith - Diamonds

13. Justin Bieber/Benny Blanco - Lonely

12. Shawn Mendes - Wonder

11. Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo - Savage Love

10. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go

9. Kane Brown/Khalid/Swae Lee - Be Like That

8. Harry Styles - Golden

7. AJR - Bang!

6. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating

5. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope

4. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights

3. Ava Max - Kings & Queens

2. BTS - Dynamite


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. Ariana Grande - Positions


Total Score: 88/100 = 88% (B+) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023