Shawn Mendes (1) Week Of November 21, 2020

So restaurants and schools in my local area are closed again this week. I am not too thrilled to see that. They are now going to be closed until December 8. And I'm sure hoping they don't extend it when we get close to that day. Anyway. The countdown looks so interesting this week. We do have another brand new #1 song on here this week which I'll get to later. So, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


5 Seconds Of Summer - Wildflower

Ava Max - Kings & Queens

Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope

Chris Brown/Young Thug - Go Crazy

Salem Ilese - Mad At Disney

X Lovers/Chloe Moriondo - Haunt You


Last Week's #1 Song: Harry Styles - Falling

The Countdown:

#30. Role Model - Going Out (#30)

#29. Jason Derulo - Take You Dancing (#26)

#28. Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love (#20)

#27. Justin Bieber/Benny Blanco - Lonely (DEBUT)

#26. G-Eazy/Blackbear - Hate The Way (DEBUT)

#25. Zara Larsson - WOW (DEBUT)

#24. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears (DEBUT)

#23. Dixie D'Amelio/Blackbear/Lil Mosey - Be Happy (#18)

#22. Lil Nas X - Holiday (DEBUT)

#21. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am (DEBUT)

#20. Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On (#28)

#19. Why Don't We - Fallin' (#29)

#18. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First (#16)

#17. Bebe Rexha/Doja Cat - Baby I'm Jealous (#22)

#16. Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - Holy (#19)

#15. Kane Brown/Khalid/Swae Lee - Be Like That (#14)

#14. BTS - Dynamite (#15)

#13. Conan Gray - Heather (#7)

#12. Ariana Grande - Positions (#11)

#11. Sam Smith - Diamonds (#17)

#10. Harry Styles - Falling (#1)

#9. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend (#8)

#8. Ashe - Save Myself (#9)

#7. AJR - Bang! (#5)

#6. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (#13)

#5. Niall Horan - Small Talk (#6)

#4. 24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood (#4)

#3. Harry Styles - Golden (#10)

#2. All Time Low/Blackbear - Monsters (#2)

#1. Shawn Mendes - Wonder (#3) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


5 Seconds Of Summer - Teeth (2nd and final week at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so glad to see Why Don't We - Fallin' (+10) into the Top 20 this week. What a week for them! Now, let's see if it'll be in the Top 10 soon.

Wow, Harry Styles - Falling (-9) has dropped out of the top spot for the biggest drop this week? I was not surprised to see that. But I'm sure this should be back in the Top 5 sometime soon.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Justin Bieber/Benny Blanco - Lonely: This is definitely way better than Intentions and Holy. It's such an outstanding song. Now, on to the song. The production sounded so outstanding, Justin's vocals were absolutely outstanding, the lyrics are so interesting and they're so nicely-written, and the chorus is what I really enjoyed. So yeah, it's such an outstanding song for me. Let's see how far this one gets.


G-Eazy/Blackbear - Hate The Way: This is just a decent song. There's really nothing here that's interesting to say about this one. Now, on to my opinion. The production here sounded decent, but G-Eazy's rapping sounded so great. But I don't think Blackbear sounds great here. He might as well just stick to rock, because I feel like he sounds so much better in this genre. So yeah, it's decent overall. Let's see how this one does on there.


Zara Larsson - WOW: This song was actually released before All The Time was, which I actually found interesting. Though this was actually a little late for this song to make it's debut on there. But this is actually an amazing song. Now, for my opinion, the production sounded amazing, Zara's vocals are so phenomenal, the lyrics are so interesting, and the chorus was so amazing. Hopefully this should become a hit on there.


The Weeknd - Save Your Tears: The best countdown debut this week. Even though Blinding Lights is still in the Top 10 on the AT40 and the Hot 100, it's finally going to lose some airplay and now it's time to get a new single from them. Now, as for this new song, it's definitely phenomenal, but still not as good as Blinding Lights, but it's definitely a step up from In Your Eyes and Heartless. The production here is so phenomenal, Abel's vocals were super amazing, and that chorus is so heavenly. Hopefully this should become a hit on there.


Lil Nas X - Holiday: He has finally made his return on there. Now, I know he's definitely not a good singer, because I know I hate Old Town Road and Panini back then. But this song is actually decent. Though it is definitely way better than those two, but it's still not that great. Now, for my opinion, the production actually sounded great, but I still don't like Lil Nas X's vocals. He still does not sound good here. But I really love those lyrics and the chorus actually sounded pretty decent. So yeah, overall it's decent. Let's see if this will do well on there.


Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am: This is also another decent song. Now, since My Future did not do so well on the pop radio charts, this song now debuts on there. Though this isn't as decent as My Future, but it's still decent. The production here actually sounded so good, though Billie's vocals still sound decent and the chorus was decent. So yeah, it's a decent song overall. Let's see how far this one goes.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Niall Horan - Small Talk: It debuted the Top 5 this week. I'm so glad to see this song in there. Now, I'm sure hoping that this should be in the Top 3 within the next week or so.

4. 24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood: I'm not sure if this song should get back in the Top 3. But again I'll still give credit to it when it comes back there.

3. Harry Styles - Golden: Huh, I actually knew it was going to debut the Top 5 into the Top 3 this week. Now, I'm sure this is going to be in the top spot within the next week or so.

2. All Time Low/Blackbear - Monsters: I'm still waiting for this song to be at the top spot, but I don't think it's going to happen. But hopefully it'll be in there very soon.

1. Shawn Mendes - Wonder: I'm so glad to see this song in the top spot. He has finally made his return in there. Now, let's see how long it could hold the spot.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Clinton Kane - Fix It To Break It (DEBUT)

2. Internet Money/Gunna/Don Toliver/Nav - Lemonade

3. Shaylen - Goodbye

4. Malia Civetz - Broke Boy

5. Royal & The Serpent - Overwhelmed

6. MAX/Suga - Blueberry Eyes

7. AJR - Bummerland

8. Travis Scott/Young Thug/M.I.A. - Franchise

9. Rosie - Never The 1

10. Ariana Grande - 34 + 35

11. Maluma/The Weeknd - Hawai (DEBUT)

12. Tones And I - Fly Away (DEBUT)

13. Fletcher/Kito - Bitter (DEBUT)

14. Chris Brown/Young Thug - Go Crazy (DEBUT)

15. X Lovers/Chloe Moriondo - Haunt You (RE-ENTRY)


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Clinton Kane - Fix It To Break It: I really have no idea what's going on with this song, but this song is also another garbage song. There's really nothing here that's good to say about this song. The production here is so boring, Clinton's vocals do not sound good at all, I'm not a fan of those lyrics, and that chorus was so bad. So yeah, this is not a good song for me. We don't need this. This better not debut the countdown soon. NEXT!


Maluma/The Weeknd - Hawai: Now, I've actually heard of Maluma back when The Vamps's song All Night was on there 3 years ago. But for this song, it's just mediocre. There isn't really interesting to say about this remix. Though the remix is actually on the same level as the original one. The production here was actually underwhelming, and Maluma's vocals were decent. But I really love Abel's vocals here. I think he sounds amazing in there. But other than that, the chorus was meh. So yeah, it's mediocre overall. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Tones And I - Fly Away: Thank goodness another song without her obnoxious voice? That's great! But this is actually another decent song. There's really nothing interesting to say about it. I'm not really a fan of the production, but the vocals actually don't sound bad. I think they sounded so great. And I think the chorus here was decent. So yeah, overall this is another decent song for me. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Fletcher/Kito - Bitter: Does anyone remember her song Undrunk? Well, she's back on there. And this is the only great debut we have this week. Now, this is definitely an amazing song and this is definitely a step up from Undrunk. The production here is absolutely amazing, her vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics are absolutely amazing, and the chorus was so heavenly. Hopefully this should be on the countdown soon.


Chris Brown/Young Thug - Go Crazy: Oh my gosh... I'm getting so tired of all those songs leaving the countdown and then debuting on Hit Bound! But I'm actually okay with this song in there. Though I'll still give credit to it when it comes back to the countdown soon.


X Lovers/Chloe Moriondo - Haunt You: I'm fine with this song back on there. Although I'm not sure if it's going to come back to the countdown. But if it does soon, I'll still give credit to it.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On

29. Role Model - Going Out


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

28. 24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood

27. Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - Holy

26. Lil Nas X - Holiday

25. Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love

24. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am

23. G-Eazy/Blackbear - Hate The Way


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

22. Sam Smith - Diamonds

21. Justin Bieber/Benny Blanco - Lonely

20. Why Don't We - Fallin'

19. Conan Gray - Heather

18. Shawn Mendes - Wonder

17. Harry Styles - Falling

16. Niall Horan - Small Talk

15. Jason Derulo - Take You Dancing

14. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First

13. Kane Brown/Khalid/SWae Lee - Be Like That

12. Zara Larsson - WOW

11. Harry Styles - Golden

10. Dixie D'Amelio/Blackbear/Lil Mosey - Be Happy

9. Ashe - Save Myself

8. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend

7. AJR - Bang!

6. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating

5. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears

4. BTS - Dynamite

3. Bebe Rexha/Doja Cat - Baby I'm Jealous


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Ariana Grande - Positions

TIE: 1. All Time Low/Blackbear - Monsters


Total Score: 130/150 = 86.6% (B) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023