AT40: 24kgoldn (10) Week Of January 16, 2021

So I was watching the news this past week and I've heard that the closures of restaurants and schools got extended to February 1. And I'm super mad to see that. Not only that, the Grammys have been delayed until March. Though I was looking forward to see the performances, but I guess I'll have to wait another two months. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, it actually looks pretty good. We do have some interesting debuts this week, which I'll get to later. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Bebe Rexha/Doja Cat - Baby I'm Jealous

JP Saxe/Julia Michaels - If The World Was Ending


Last Week's #1 Song: 24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood

The Countdown:

#40. Saint Jhn/Imanbek - Roses (#38)

#39. Maluma/The Weeknd - Hawai (#39)

#38. Conan Gray - Heather (#32)

#37. Harry Styles - Adore You (#35)

#36. The Kid Laroi - So Done (#37)

#35. Internet Money/Gunna/Don Toliver/Nav - Lemonade (#33)

#34. Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love (#36)

#33. DaBaby/Roddy Ricch - Rockstar (#30)

#32. Ed Sheeran - Afterglow (DEBUT)

#31. Taylor Swift - Willow (DEBUT)

#30. Dua Lipa - Break My Heart (#27)

#29. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears (#27)

#28. Harry Styles - Watermelon Sugar (#24)

#27. Miley Cyrus/Dua Lipa - Prisoner (#31)

#26. Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go (#22)

#25. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend (#28)

#24. Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo - Savage Love (#20)

#23. Lil Nas X - Holiday (#29)

#22. Kane Brown/Khalid/Swae Lee - Be Like That (#18)

#21. Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On (#26)

#20. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First (#23)

#19. Surf Mesa/Emilee - ILY (#16)

#18. Jason Derulo - Take You Dancing (#21)

#17. Shawn Mendes/Justin Bieber - Monster (#17)

#16. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (#14)

#15. BTS - Dynamite (#6)

#14. Harry Styles - Golden (#15)

#13. Ariana Grande - 34 + 35 (#19)

#12. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope (#10)

#11. Sam Smith - Diamonds (#12)

#10. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am (#13)

#9. Drake/Lil Durk - Laugh Now Cry Later (#9)

#8. Justin Bieber/Benny Blanco - Lonely (#11)

#7. Chris Brown/Young Thug - Go Crazy (#8)

#6. AJR - Bang! (#7)

#5. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (#5)

#4. Ava Max - Kings & Queens (#3)

#3. Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - Holy (#4)

#2. Ariana Grande - Positions (#2)

#1. 24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood (#1) [10th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Post Malone - Circles (3 of 7 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm okay with Lil Nas X - Holiday (+6) taking the biggest jump this week. I'm still going to give credit to it. Now, let's see if it'll be in the Top 20 soon.

After spending weeks at #6, BTS - Dynamite (-9) had the biggest drop this week. I'm really not too thrilled to see that. But it is going to be the end of it.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Ed Sheeran - Afterglow: This is definitely an amazing song. Though not as good as South Of The Border, but it's still amazing. Now, I've gone through my opinion on this one a couple weeks ago back when it debuted the countdown. The production here sounded so outstanding, Ed's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were so interesting, and the chorus is what I really enjoyed. Hopefully it'll become a big hit on there.


Taylor Swift - Willow: The best debut this week. This is definitely another amazing song. And this is actually the lead single off of her new album. Now, this is definitely a step up from Cardigan. The production here sounded super amazing, Taylor's vocals were so phenomenal, those lyrics were super amazing, and the chorus was super phenomenal. Hopefully this should become a massive hit on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating: I actually thought that this was going to be in the Top 3 this week. But I'm sure hoping that it should be in there next week.

4. Ava Max - Kings & Queens: Oh boy... it's out of the Top 3! This does not deserve to be out of the Top 3. This seriously needs to be back in there!

3. Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - Holy: Ok, I'm fine with this song in the Top 3. Though I do have a feeling that this might go to the top spot sometime soon, but we're gonna have to see.

2. Ariana Grande - Positions: I'm still waiting for this song to be at the top spot. Hopefully next week it should be in there.

1. 24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood: Holding the top spot for the 10th week in a row. Never in my wildest dreams this song has really been doing super phenomenal on there. But I'm actually still giving credit to that, because I'm actually fine with this song still in that spot. Although I'm sure another song is probably going to be at the top spot next week, but let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:


Bad Bunny/Jhay Cortez - Dakiti

Justin Bieber - Anyone

Ashnikko - Daisy

All Time Low/Blackbear - Monsters

Sigala/James Arthur - Lasting Lover

Megan Thee Stallion - Body


And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:


DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance The Rapper/Lil Wayne - I'm The One

Justin Bieber - Sorry

Camila Cabello/Young Thug - Havana

Zoe Wees - Control

NF - Let You Down

Jason Derulo/2 Chainz - Talk Dirty

Charlie Puth - Attention

Post Malone/Young Thug - Goodbyes


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Surf Mesa/Emilee - ILY


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

19. 24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood

18. Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - Holy

17. Chris Brown/Young Thug - Go Crazy

16. Drake/Lil Durk - Laugh Now Cry Later

15. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

14. Sam Smith - Diamonds

13. Justin Bieber/Benny Blanco - Lonely

12. Jason Derulo - Take You Dancing

11. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First

10. Shawn Mendes/Justin Bieber - Monster

9. Harry Styles - Golden

8. Ariana Grande - 34 + 35

7. AJR - Bang!

6. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating

5. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope

4. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights

3. Ava Max - Kings & Queens

2. BTS - Dynamite


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Ariana Grande - Positions


Total Score: 86/100 = 86% (B) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023