AT40: Olivia Rodrigo (1) Week Of March 20, 2021

So March Madness is now officially upon us. I'm really looking forward to see the performances from those NCAA teams. Hopefully there's a team that I like who will win it all. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, it actually looks super amazing. We do have another brand new #1 song on here this week. I'll get to that later on in this post, but for now, let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


BTS - Dynamite

The Kid Laroi - So Done

Lewis Capaldi - Before You Go


Last Week's #1 Song: Ariana Grande - 34 + 35

The Countdown:

#40. Cardi B. - Up (DEBUT)

#39. Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo - Savage Love (#36)

#38. Zara Larsson/Young Thug - Talk About Love (DEBUT)

#37. Surf Mesa/Emilee - ILY (#34)

#36. LOONA - Star (#37)

#35. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (#32)

#34. Sabrina Carpenter - Skin (#35)

#33. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (DEBUT)

#32. Drake/Lil Durk - Laugh Now Cry Later (#30)

#31. Tiesto - The Business (#33)

#30. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope (#28)

#29. Black Eyed Peas/Shakira - Girl Like Me (#31)

#28. Saweetie/Doja Cat - Best Friend (#29)

#27. Sigala/James Arthur - Lasting Lover (#27)

#26. Ava Max - Kings & Queens (#23)

#25. Bad Bunny/Jhay Cortez - Dakiti (#26)

#24. The Kid Laroi - Without You (#25)

#23. AJR - Bang! (#21)

#22. Travis Scott/HVME - Goosebumps (Remix) (#22)

#21. Jason Derulo/Adam Levine - Lifestyle (#24)

#20. Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - Holy (#17)

#19. Dua Lipa - We're Good (#20)

#18. All Time Low/Blackbear - Monsters (#19)

#17. Taylor Swift - Willow (#18)

#16. Justin Bieber - Anyone (#15)

#15. Ava Max - My Head And My Heart (#16)

#14. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (#10)

#13. Harry Styles - Golden (#14)

#12. Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love (#13)

#11. Justin Bieber/Benny Blanco - Lonely (#8)

#10. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend (#12)

#9. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears (#11)

#8. 24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood (#7)

#7. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First (#9)

#6. Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On (#6)

#5. Ariana Grande - Positions (#4)

#4. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am (#5)

#3. Chris Brown/Young Thug - Go Crazy (#2)

#2. Ariana Grande - 34 + 35 (#1)

#1. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License (#3) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now (2 of 5 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm super glad to see Jason Derulo/Adam Levine - Lifestyle (+3) taking a short biggest jump this week. Now, hopefully it'll be in the Top 20 next week.

Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (-4) had the biggest drop this week as it dropped out of the Top 10. Though I know it's starting to lose lots of airplay.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Cardi B. - Up: Yep, you all know I was going to hate this song. I really hate her music so much. She's seriously such an extremely terrible rapper. Now, as for this new song, it is absolutely complete garbage. The production is so bland, Cardi's rapping is extremely horrible, and that chorus was just so boring. But I don't mind the lyrics here. But overall, this is such an extremely bad song. And I'm sure this is probably going to do well on here because of her. But I'm sure hoping this doesn't happen.


Zara Larsson/Young Thug - Talk About Love: This is definitely another phenomenal song and this is definitely a step up from WOW. Now, I've gone through this song a couple months ago back when it debuted Hit Bound. For my opinion on this one, the production was absolutely amazing, Zara's vocals were so phenomenal, I really enjoyed that chorus, and Young Thug actually doesn't sound bad in his verse. So yeah, this is such a phenomenal song for me overall. Let's see how far this goes.


Glass Animals - Heat Waves: The best debut this week. I've actually been hearing some of their old music on Alt Nation before this was released, and I thought that they were heavenly. And now, here they are making their debut on there. This is absolutely a heavenly alt-pop song. For my opinion, the production was very heavenly, the vocals were absolutely heavenly, those lyrics were super phenomenal, and that chorus was super heavenly. This is definitely going to end up in my Top 10 Songs of the year. Hopefully it'll become a big hit on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Ariana Grande - Positions: I didn't actually expect this song to drop, but I do have a feeling that this might be out of the Top 5 very soon.

4. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am: Well, at least it's still in the Top 3. Now, if it goes to the Top 3 next week, I'll still give credit to it. Let's see if it'll happen.

3. Chris Brown/Young Thug - Go Crazy: That's fine! I'll give credit to this song dropping. But I'm sure this might be out of the Top 3 within the next week or so.

2. Ariana Grande - 34 + 35: It dropped out of the top spot. But it sure did had an amazing run on there. But I'm sure this is going to start dropping sometime soon.

1. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License: I actually knew it was going to hit the top spot on there. But I'm pleased to see it on there. Now, let's see how long it could hold the spot.


Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:


Nelly/Florida Georgia Line - Lil Bit

SZA - Good Days

Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean

Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open

Daya - Bad Girl

Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes


And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:


G-Eazy/Halsey - Him & I

Maroon 5 - Sugar

Zedd/Alessia Cara - Stay

Ellie Goulding - Love Me Like You Do

Ariana Grande/Nicki Minaj - Side To Side

French Montana/Swae Lee - Unforgettable

Sam Smith - Diamonds

Marshmello/Bastille - Happier

Usher/Ludacris/Lil Jon - Yeah!

Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

19. 24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood

18. Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - Holy

17. Chris Brown/Young Thug - Go Crazy

16. Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love

15. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

14. Justin Bieber/Benny Blanco - Lonely

13. Justin Bieber - Anyone

12. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First

11. Harry Styles - Golden

10. Ariana Grande - 34 + 35

9. Taylor Swift - Willow

8. Dua Lipa - We're Good

7. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend

6. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License

5. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating

4. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears

3. Ariana Grande - Positions

2. All Time Low/Blackbear - Monsters


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. Ava Max - My Head And My Heart


Total Score: 86/100 = 86% (B) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023