AT40: Olivia Rodrigo (2) Week Of March 27, 2021

The countdown looks super phenomenal this week. You see, we did get rid of another piece of trash and that we actually replaced it with another heavenly debut this week, which was always the best thing to see. But again I'm going to get to that later on in this post. But other than that, I don't have anything else here to say, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Surf Mesa/Emilee - ILY

Jawsh 685/Jason Derulo - Savage Love


Last Week's #1 Song: Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License

The Countdown:

#40. Cardi B. - Up (#40)

#39. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (#35)

#38. Zara Larsson/Young Thug - Talk About Love (#38)

#37. LOONA - Star (#36)

#36. Drake/Lil Durk - Laugh Now Cry Later (#32)

#35. Sabrina Carpenter - Skin (#34)

#34. Nelly/Florida Georgia Line - Lil Bit (DEBUT)

#33. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope (#30)

#32. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (#33)

#31. Tiesto - The Business (#31)

#30. Ava Max - Kings & Queens (#26)

#29. Black Eyed Peas/Shakira - Girl Like Me (#29)

#28. Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes (DEBUT)

#27. Sigala/James Arthur - Lasting Lover (#27)

#26. AJR - Bang! (#23)

#25. Bad Bunny/Jhay Cortez - Dakiti (#25)

#24. Saweetie/Doja Cat - Best Friend (#28)

#23. Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - Holy (#20)

#22. Jason Derulo/Adam Levine - Lifestyle (#21)

#21. Travis Scott/HVME - Goosebumps (Remix) (#22)

#20. The Kid Laroi - Without You (#24)

#19. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (#14)

#18. All Time Low/Blackbear - Monsters (#18)

#17. Taylor Swift - Willow (#17)

#16. Justin Bieber/Benny Blanco - Lonely (#11)

#15. Dua Lipa - We're Good (#19)

#14. Harry Styles - Golden (#13)

#13. Ava Max - My Head And My Heart (#15)

#12. Justin Bieber - Anyone (#16)

#11. Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love (#12)

#10. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears (#9)

#9. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend (#10)

#8. 24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood (#8)

#7. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First (#7)

#6. Chris Brown/Young Thug - Go Crazy (#3)

#5. Ariana Grande - Positions (#5)

#4. Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On (#6)

#3. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am (#4)

#2. Ariana Grande - 34 + 35 (#2)

#1. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License (#1) [2nd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now (3 of 5 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


Saweetie/Doja Cat - Best Friend, The Kid Laroi - Without You, Dua Lipa - We're Good and Justin Bieber - Anyone (+4) were all tied for the biggest jump this week. I'm glad about half of them, but I'm actually okay with the other half.

Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating and Justin Bieber/Benny Blanco - Lonely (-5) were tied for the biggest drop this week since there new songs were tied for the biggest jump. But it's always nice to see something new instead of the same old songs.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Nelly/Florida Georgia Line - Lil Bit: Now, the last time they collaborated was back in 2013 with the remix of Cruise, and that was a song that I've actually enjoyed back then. And now, they're back. As far as this new song goes, it's definitely amazing. The production here is so outstanding, Nelly's vocals were super amazing, Tyler Hubbard's vocals were absolutely amazing in his contribution, and that chorus was absolutely phenomenal. Let's see how far this gets.


Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes: The best debut this week. This is absolutely the best song that I've ever heard from them. It's definitely way better than their other songs. This is definitely a heavenly song. I've gone over this song last week back when it debuted the countdown. The production here was so heavenly, Adam's vocals were very heavenly, the lyrics were super heavenly, the chorus was absolutely heavenly, and Megan sounded pretty heavenly in her verse. This is definitely going to end up in my Top 10 Songs of the year. Hopefully it'll become a big hit on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Ariana Grande - Positions: Wow, I actually didn't think it was going to still be in there this week. But I'm sure next week it'll be out of here.

4. Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On: How is it possible for this song to be in the Top 5?! This does not deserve to be in there at all! I'm sure hoping this does not go to the Top 3 soon.

3. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am: I'm fine with this song in the Top 3. But I'm sure this is going to be at the top spot very soon because of her. But let's see if it'll be in there soon.

2. Ariana Grande - 34 + 35: I actually thought that it was going to drop. But I'm glad that it's still in that spot. But I'm sure it'll be dropping within the next week or so.

1. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I'm so pleased to see it still in there. She really has been becoming super popular. Now, let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:


Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean

Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open

Daya - Bad Girl

AJR - Way Less Sad

SZA - Good Days


And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:


Dua Lipa - Break My Heart

Nick Jonas - Jealous

The Weeknd/Daft Punk - I Feel It Coming

Sia/Sean Paul - Cheap Thrills

Arizona Zervas - Roxanne

Megan Thee Stallion - Body

Marshmello/Anne-Marie - Friends

Rihanna/Drake - What's My Name?

Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now

Beyonce/Jay-Z - Crazy In Love

Rihanna - Only Girl (In The World)

Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber - I Don't Care


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

19. 24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood

18. The Kid Laroi - Without You

17. Chris Brown/Young Thug - Go Crazy

16. Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love

15. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

14. Justin Bieber/Benny Blanco - Lonely

13. Justin Bieber - Anyone

12. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First

11. Harry Styles - Golden

10. Ariana Grande - 34 + 35

9. Taylor Swift - Willow

8. Dua Lipa - We're Good

7. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend

6. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License

5. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating

4. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears

3. Ariana Grande - Positions

2. All Time Low/Blackbear - Monsters


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Ava Max - My Head And My Heart


Total Score: 86/100 = 86% (B) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023