AT40: Olivia Rodrigo (3) Week Of April 3, 2021

So the month of April is now officially here. And we are now in the 2nd quarter of the year. I mean yes, time is flying so fast! And I'd like to say congrats to Baylor for winning the NCAA Championship. I thought their performance was absolutely amazing. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it actually looks super amazing this week. We do have some more amazing debuts which I'll get to later. But for now, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Jason Derulo/Adam Levine - Lifestyle

Sigala/James Arthur - Lasting Lover

Sabrina Carpenter - Skin


Last Week's #1 Song: Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License

The Countdown:

#40. The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (#39)

#39. Zara Larsson/Young Thug - Talk About Love (#38)

#38. Drake/Lil Durk - Laugh Now Cry Later (#36)

#37. LOONA - Star (#37)

#36. Daya - Bad Girl (DEBUT)

#35. Gabby Barrett/Charlie Puth - I Hope (#33)

#34. Nelly/Florida Georgia Line - Lil Bit (#34)

#33. Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean (DEBUT)

#32. Cardi B. - Up (#40)

#31. Ava Max - Kings & Queens (#30)

#30. Tiesto - The Business (#31)

#29. AJR - Bang! (#26)

#28. Black Eyed Peas/Shakira - Girl Like Me (#29)

#27. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (#32)

#26. Justin Bieber/Chance The Rapper - Holy (#23)

#25. Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open (DEBUT)

#24. Saweetie/Doja Cat - Best Friend (#24)

#23. Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (#19)

#22. Bad Bunny/Jhay Cortez - Dakiti (#25)

#21. Maroon 5/Megan Thee Stallion - Beautiful Mistakes (#28)

#20. All Time Low/Blackbear - Monsters (#18)

#19. Travis Scott/HVME - Goosebumps (Remix) (#21)

#18. Justin Bieber/Benny Blanco - Lonely (#16)

#17. Harry Styles - Golden (#14)

#16. Taylor Swift - Willow (#17)

#15. The Kid Laroi - Without You (#20)

#14. Dua Lipa - We're Good (#15)

#13. Ava Max - My Head And My Heart (#13)

#12. Justin Bieber - Anyone (#12)

#11. Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love (#11)

#10. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend (#9)

#9. 24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood (#8)

#8. Chris Brown/Young Thug - Go Crazy (#6)

#7. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears (#10)

#6. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First (#7)

#5. Ariana Grande - Positions (#5)

#4. Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On (#4)

#3. Ariana Grande - 34 + 35 (#2)

#2. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am (#3)

#1. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License (#1) [3rd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now (4 of 5 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


Cardi B. - Up (+8) does not deserve to have the biggest jump this week! I really can't stand her music at all! But I'm sure this is actually going to do well on there because of her. I'm sure hoping this doesn't happen.

Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (-4) is actually starting to lose some airplay on the pop radio charts. But I'm sure this is going to be out of here sometime soon.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Daya - Bad Girl: The best debut this week. Now, the last time she had a song on there was back in 2018 with New, and it only lasted a week on there. And now, she is finally back on there. As far as this new song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song and this is definitely a step up from New. The production was absolutely amazing, Daya's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics are super amazing, and the chorus was so heavenly. Hopefully it'll do well on there.


Masked Wolf - Astronaut In The Ocean: We have yet another great rap song on there! Now, this is definitely an amazing and fun rap song. And that song was actually released in 2019, which was actually so interesting. That was actually 2 years late for this song to be on there. But now, it's finally there! Now, as for my opinion, the production was super interesting, this guy's rapping sounded so amazing and he flows very nicely throughout the entire song, the lyrics were super nicely-written, and the chorus is what I really enjoyed. Hopefully this should do amazing on there.


Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open: It's actually been like 4 years since Bruno Mars last had a song on there. And now, here he is back on there as he teams up with Anderson .Paak. As far as this new song goes, this is definitely an amazing song. The production is absolutely amazing, Bruno's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were super nicely-written, the chorus was super phenomenal, and Anderson .Paak's verse was so amazing. Hopefully it'll become a hit on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Ariana Grande - Positions: I actually didn't think it was going to be in the Top 5 this week. But I'm sure this should be out of here next week.

4. Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On: Well thank goodness it didn't go to the Top 3 this week. But we still don't need this in the Top 5, because that was a garbage song for me.

3. Ariana Grande - 34 + 35: Well, it's starting to drop. But I think this might still be in the Top 3 for about one more week or so. Hopefully I'm right.

2. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am: It's almost at the top spot. Now, if this song goes to the top spot very soon, I'll still give credit to it. But I'm sure it's going to happen because of her.

1. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License: Holding the top spot for the 3rd week in a row. I'm so pleased that it's still in there, but I'm sure another song might be in the top spot next week. But let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


Now, here are the songs they played for Breakouts/On The Verge:


SZA - Good Days

AJR - Way Less Sad

Justin Bieber - Hold On


And here are the songs they played as Extras/Optional Extras:


Ed Sheeran - Afterglow

Ariana Grande - Breathin'

Fifth Harmony/Ty Dolla $ign - Work From Home

Cardi B./Bad Bunny/J. Balvin - I Like It

Internet Money/Gunna/Don Toliver/Nav - Lemonade

Kane Brown/Khalid/Swae Lee - Be Like That

Imagine Dragons - Demons

Selena Gomez - Same Old Love

Maren Morris - The Bones

Lil Nas X - Holiday

The Chainsmokers/Coldplay - Something Just Like This

Calvin Harris/The Weeknd - Over Now

Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Ritt Momney - Put Your Records On


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

19. Travis Scott/HVME - Goosebumps (Remix)


3 - Decent:

18. 24kgoldn/Iann Dior - Mood

17. The Kid Laroi - Without You

16. Chris Brown/Young Thug - Go Crazy

15. Pop Smoke - What You Know Bout Love

14. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

13. Justin Bieber/Benny Blanco - Lonely

12. Justin Bieber - Anyone

11. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First

10. Harry Styles - Golden

9. Ariana Grande - 34 + 35

8. Taylor Swift - Willow

7. Dua Lipa - We're Good

6. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend

5. Olivia Rodrigo - Driver's License

4. The Weeknd - Save Your Tears

3. Ariana Grande - Positions

2. All Time Low/Blackbear - Monsters


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Ava Max - My Head And My Heart


Total Score: 83/100 = 83% (B-) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023